Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Sony Considering Exiting The Mobile Phone Business ?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Considering Exiting The Mobile Phone Business ? Bookmark topic
Page123>

lemmy31 Posts: > 500

http://www.reuters.com/articl[....]sony-ceo-idUSKBN0KL27F20150112

Lets hope this isn't true it would be a real shame after the loss of Nokia.
It seems that with Samsung's current fall in Galaxy sales and terrible loss of profits , HTC's well documented fiscal troubles and this news about Sony only certain Chinese manufacturers can currently make any money out of Android.
[ This Message was edited by: lemmy31 on 2015-01-13 20:52 ]

--
Posted: 2015-01-13 21:19:51
Edit : Quote

Gitaroo Posts: > 500

there are still money that can be made, they just need to go low profit margin strategy like xiaomi and grow its market share over time. I am not sure what average consumers in china think of sony as a brand since they are Japanese but never hear negative things from my chinese friends.
--
Posted: 2015-01-13 22:10:08

goldenface Posts: > 500

It's hard to believe that Sony, with it's huge media and music heritage will wave goodbye to it's smartphone business. It's smartphones are it's main exposure of the Walkman brand. It would be almost like waving goodbye to Walkman too.
--
Posted: 2015-01-13 23:54:24

chunkybeats Posts: 496

If this was true, this would have a major effect on the phone industry. Sony have always been the innovators and trendsetters but just never got that marketing or production issues sorted.

I would be deeply gutted if they exited the market as since Ive been using Sony tech for a long time. Having made jumps to other phones/OS in the past, i was never happy with them and always came back to Sony because I knew I would be using something special and typical Sony. Thats what Sony need to do to convince consumers and if they can they will be force to be reckoned with.

If its just me that this reminds me of SE days when they were having problems and Sony bought out their share to resurrect the Xperia brand. I just hope that is not the case.

P.S. I could never go to Apple again, use Samsung or LG. Just all have their weaknesses that outweigh their positives and for me Sony has more positives than negatives to me.
--
Posted: 2015-01-14 00:21:22

moogoo Posts: > 500

i would be devastated!!!!

if this happens.. i'd probably just get google nexus devices. sigh. would be a very very sad day.

what else does sony even make now? just audio stuff?
--
Posted: 2015-01-14 02:47:34

goldenface Posts: > 500

Yup. Radios, cameras, wireless speakers etc. I think their Android TV's are pretty good. I hope they can turn things around.
--
Posted: 2015-01-14 04:23:19

hihihans Posts: > 500

I find it hard to believe.
--
Posted: 2015-01-14 09:31:46

Bonovox Posts: > 500

This is like what Sony did when they sold their laptop devision which Samsung also did. Maybe someone else might run things better?? Motorola are doing ok under Lenovo with decent phones and timely updates. If they sold it would it mean selling Sony brand names too or just mobile devision?? They won't be selling Walkman brands etc?? Maybe Google will buy them then spit the rest out selling it on to someone else with the bits they don't want.
--
Posted: 2015-01-14 11:15:00

pt020 Posts: > 500

Hard to believe,can't see any future for electronics company with no mobile devices.

--
Posted: 2015-01-14 22:17:07

emporium Posts: 254

On phonearena says one of options is getting partner. If e.g. foxcon can produce for apple and nokia, why should not for sony?
--
Posted: 2015-01-15 00:51:25
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home