Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Motorola : Any Suggestions?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Motorola > Any Suggestions? Bookmark topic
Page <  12

tranced Posts: > 500

Of course!

1. Yes, you can root with the stock FW. Root basically means that you will be granted permissions as admin(like in Windows for example). CWM and TWRP are recoveries. Tools used to flash the roms, kernels and some apps.

2. It won't affect performance. If you have a stock firmware you will see no difference from a custom one. A custom rom will always be what it is: custom. Whether it is good or bad.

I hope that I have cleared your doubts a bit...at least.
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 03:31:32
Edit : Quote

ceaser2008 Posts: > 500

Thanks for that little illuminating explanation. Up till now, I was thinking cwm and twrp are custom rom like stock firmware but it has some additional features like various shutdown options from powerdown button itself, etc etc.
I know a bit about rooting that you can put the language that your phone didn't support, out of box. You can change font styles etc etc, right?
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 05:13:36

Well, adding languages, fonts, etc. can be done from a file manager app that supports root. You just copy and paste the files you need.
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 13:27:52

ceaser2008 Posts: > 500

For accessing the root directories, you need to root the phone first, right?? Otherwise i am using ES file explorer with root access, but i cant access that because my phone is not rooted. Correct me.
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 16:17:09

You're right!
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 18:20:57
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home