Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy S6 Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S6 Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 232425>

rikken Posts: > 500

Hopefully Samsung has done some proper testing regarding screen resolution, Exynos chip 14 nm and the battery. If it powers the phone through a day of medium to heavy usage then it is good enough for me. The lack of scdard will according to Samsung make the phone faster and cause less lagging. I have always been a fan of sd-card support but it is no dealbreaker as long as it supports usb-on-the-go.

I really like the designs of the S6 and S6 Edge. OIS, f1,9, wireless charging, better finger scanner, lighter TW, better loudspeaker, 3 G ram, yes please 😊
--
Posted: 2015-03-01 20:50:42
Edit : Quote

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

HTC one m8 had sd card and it is considered one of the smoothest android phone so I don't buy their excuse . I don't dispute that it won't be a big deal for many people - it certainly is for me though and I am hoping note series won't follow the same path (I prefer a slightly thicker phone with sd card )

I agree that the phone is impressive other than that.

My only other criticism is the similarity with iphone 6 (the bottom bit for example). Kinda wish Samsung designed the speaker grill different or made the bottom a bit more distinctive . Still I am sure plenty of people will accuse it if being a copycat
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2015-03-01 20:23 ]

--
Posted: 2015-03-01 21:04:05

emerson_shei Posts: > 500

Video Sample By Camcorder Samsung Galaxy S6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wGIFr6tQ0
--
Posted: 2015-03-01 21:26:13

Samsung bundles Microsoft apps on its new Galaxy S6

http://www.theverge.com/2015/[....]msung-galaxy-s6-microsoft-apps
--
Posted: 2015-03-01 21:27:02

Hands on S6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZfjfkwRII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kl9fsuHIkk
--
Posted: 2015-03-01 21:57:06

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

Word has it that my local Samsung Mobile rep has said that the S6 will only come with a 12 month manufacturers warranty the same as Apple. I'm not sure how other regions work but here in the UK all mobile phones except iphones come with a 24 month manufacturers warranty. Not great news if true if you planned on getting it on a contract plan.
--
Posted: 2015-03-01 22:12:57

emerson_shei Posts: > 500

Samsung Galaxy S6 Vs Apple iPhone 6: First Look

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]le-iPhone-6-first-look_id66643
--
Posted: 2015-03-02 04:05:17

admad Posts: > 500

Oh wow, S6 sucks terribly. Small battery (2550 mAh), unnecessary large screen resolution (QHD, with this small battery it will be a disaster ) No waterproofing, no microSD, no radio. Is this 2015 or 2013? I'm confused. I'm glad I got my Z3, looks like smartphone market is going backwards, sad sight.
--
Posted: 2015-03-02 06:31:59

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2015-03-01 19:36:42, XperiaJunkie wrote:
WOW a grand for the 128GB Edge version, there's steep and then there's bloody vertical.

You know what is hilarious ... and astute at the same time? Over from Macrumors.com (obviously an apple fan site) ... bare with me on this ...

Samsung Pay
3 colors, gold, silver, black
Non removable battery
No micro SD slot
Similar hardware design
Similar storage options

Welcome to the Samsung iPhone S6.
Manufactured in Korea, designed by Apple in California.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! They didn't even TRY to come up with something unique!!

Samsung is truly gunning for Apple's sales vs their lack of sales for 3 quarters now ... their going not for MarketShare but purely MINDSHARE!

Walk up to vendor pay terminal or checkout ...

Do you have Apple Pay ...
Do you have Samsung Pay ....

See what's happening here? Their selling and now you're buying the BRAND exclusively.

That said the Galaxy 6 does look VERY beautiful. HTC had a chance to do something great with the M9 and dropped it worse than Apple ever has. Pathetic really ... like Blackberry is now doing (FINALLY) is what HTC should ... consider outsourcing EVERYTHING they do to other platforms ... and drop the hardware!

Beautiful implementation on the front Glass for privacy it looks like.
[ This Message was edited by: Supa_Fly on 2015-03-02 07:20 ]

--
Posted: 2015-03-02 07:50:44

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2015-03-01 20:23:32, Tsepz_GP wrote:
I hope the Note 5 doesn't go the same route or I'm done with Samsung.

Honestly ... consider the following:
Lower battery size ... lowest lithography of a mobile CPU and how powerful and power efficent it is ...
64bit and 14NM ... 14 Nanometers!!! the nearest is 21!

Internal storage up to 128GB like the iPhone 6/6Plus ... enough (along with Box/DropBox/OneDrive) you'll be just fine with all those HDR Full Hi Def 4K videos!

Internal storage is always faster than external, and it's DDR4! You'll have to try it first hand!

Don't worry about their OS overlay .... looks like a LOT of that Samsung S-This and S-That and S-Who and S-When and S-WTF crap is GONE!! PERMANENTLY! Thank goodness!

I think with using it ... along with the cases ... you may opt for this or the Edge with 128GB storage.

Dust/Water proofing ... unless you take LOTS of pictures and video underwater (holding your breath for a 20% of them) I'm sure you'll not think of this after a months.
--
Posted: 2015-03-02 07:56:08
Page <  123, ... 232425>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home