Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 45 ... 525354>

ascariss Posts: > 500

On 2015-09-02 18:56:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Very encouraging

4K video heat test with Xperia Z5 hints that its Snapdragon 810 can keep its cool
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2015-09-02 17:56 ]

I feel the overheating aspect that we saw in the Z3+ might be more related to the actual sensor and not the SoC. Since the camera did turn off when shooting 4k on Z3+ and not the entire phone. Unless in videos the entire phone turned off when shooting 4k, then indeed SoC related. But I have not seen such videos personally for the camera, only for the overheating 810 supposedly.

Perhaps the extra 0.4mm to the thickness has helped in heat dissipation but I feel also the new sensor handles heat better, ie the comparison of M5 vs Z3+ in 4k video demonstrated the new M5 can go much longer and not overheat. I suspect the same IMX230 sensor tech went into the Z5 sensor (IMX300 or whatever the name will be)
[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2015-09-02 18:14 ]

--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:13:47
Edit : Quote

amirprog Posts: > 500

The premium is most likely my next phone. Finally the first TRUE flag phablet line from sonymobile! it is about time! I suggest to the people looking for a true flag phablet not to wait for the next ultra because it will never be such it seems - rumroed with the same tablet size display - not pocket friendly, and is rumored to have inferior camera sensor (16mp, not imx300 23mp) by kuro_ne_ko from weibo.
Gsmarena photo samples look amazing to me! i am very impressed. go see if you haven't already.
They say the fingerprint reader works flawlessly, 2/3 of the finger is enough to make it work and it is touch based.
I see the chrome version being very popular because of that attracting mirror back, second is black and third and less special is actually the gold.
The only negative thing i have to say until now is only 3gb of ram for premium. it should have 4gb but i guess nothing is perfect... checking more hands on videos.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2015-09-02 18:18 ]

--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:15:15

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

My endless rants in Sony threads seem to have been answered @Badassmam

THIS is what I wanted from Sony, I finally feel like they truly put effort into it and want to compete. I can put the Z5 Premium next to the Samsung's, LGs, HTCs, Huaweis, Asus etc... And say that this is truly a cutting edge device, Sony are truly trying to differentiate themselves here.

I had totally given up on them, I would take a peak into the Rumors thread and see the same old story replaying itself, but when I took a peak the other day and saw talk of a phone with a 4K display my eyebrows raised and eyes doubled in size.

Certainly peaked my interest.

So what we now have is the Water resistance and build quality PLUS cutting edge specs. Took Sony long enough, but I am glad they finally did it.

My next wish is that the Z5 Premium gets great marketing and destroys the pathetic Note replacement AKA S6 Edge+. Samsung are now so big they are not even catering to us "Power Users" and are trying to kill the Note line in most markets outside Asia and USA by introducing the S6 Edge+ as an "upgrade".
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2015-09-02 18:22 ]

--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:16:29

ascariss Posts: > 500

@Tsepz_GP what about the lack of 4GB ram or a 64GB option?

Also it goes on sale in November, so you will have to wait a while before you can get your hands on it.

Come one, I am sure you can find something a miss with the premium
--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:23:26

Gitaroo Posts: > 500

4GB ram is the only bummer, 64 gig internal storm is nice but when Sony allow to transfer apps to SD card I don't really care at the point. Z5P is near perfect from the look of things, still can't believe they cheap out on the ram.
--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:25:50

evaleon Posts: 59

I am so stuck between getting this or Z5..so the differences are
4k vs FHD
5.5 vs 5.2 screen size
3430 mAh vs 2900 mAh

Oh and not to forget that chrome finish..Am I missing something else?Is the price difference worth it?
--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:29:43

Xajel Posts: > 500

For me, premium should have come with 4GB and 64GB... just to make it different...

but next iternation of the series, 4GB of ram should be standard for all flaggies... premium can be distinguished with 64GB or 128GB... and maybe some extra stuff also...
--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:32:59

evaleon Posts: 59

Sorry for this question because I am partially technologically illiterate..but what difference will a 4GB RAM show compared to 3GB? Will it make a big difference? Is it to make it future proof or because all competitors are using it? Sorry if its irrelevant to this thread but i want to know.
[ This Message was edited by: evaleon on 2015-09-02 18:52 ]

--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:51:05

kabiluddin Posts: 34

OK guys here here are some Z5 camera sample I find.
http://gadgetstouse.com/quick[....]peria-z5-camera-overview/38534
--
Posted: 2015-09-02 19:53:19

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2015-09-02 19:23:26, ascariss wrote:
@Tsepz_GP what about the lack of 4GB ram or a 64GB option?

Also it goes on sale in November, so you will have to wait a while before you can get your hands on it.

Come one, I am sure you can find something a miss with the premium

Nobody seems to be in any rush to make a 64GB smartphone with MicroSD slot, so I have given up on that.
No 4GB RAM is a bummer, but I gues there is no perfect phone.

Now it going on sale in November is going to be a problem, IF LG mange to get the G4 Pro and Huawei get the Mate 8 out before November.

Whatever happens, this will be an interesting shopping season. It coming out in November gives me enough time to save up a bit and enough time to weigh up my options, I may or may not go for the Z5 Premium. Maybe I'll just get the iPad Air 3 and replace my iPad 4.

I am at the same place I was when I was leaving Nokia for an Android, I had the HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S and SE Xperia X10 to choose, and had no idea which to go with, and did a ton of research before making the jump.

Either way, Sony have a winner here.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2015-09-02 19:08 ]

--
Posted: 2015-09-02 20:06:19
Page <  123, 45 ... 525354>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home