Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2016 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 181182, 183184185>

McKinley Posts: > 500

On 2016-10-23 08:46:47, Xajel wrote:

On 2016-10-22 19:14:19, McKinley wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to AMD. There have been far too many broken promises from their side.
They keep promising bells and whistles all the time but always fall flat compared to the competitors.
Perhaps this is the time they actually deliver, but just maybe.

There's a big different between a promise and a rumour, I feel that AMD is the most blamed company for things that was just rumours... Sony is also famed for this thing, rumours go out and when the actual product come you can hear shouts and screams that they fail to bring their promise... less than AMD but still

AMD are infamous for many of their promises. Promised class leading performance per watt with their Polaris.
It turned out to consume way more energy compared to the equals from nVidia.
The CPU department is probably where AMD always fail miserably.
Goes way back in the history, ....Bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and so on. Eventually they stopped comparing themselves with Intel. Except from now again with Zen, but there they had to underclock the Intel processor. Hopefully the final processor will run higher than the measly 2.8 GHz which the engineering sample of Zen was running at.
[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2016-10-23 22:55 ]

--
Posted: 2016-10-23 23:23:59
Edit : Quote

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

Its looks like next year's phones are gonna be interesting. Well this year was a mixed bag. I love Sony's direction in general but I was quite confused with the XZ and its 5.2" screen. It should have been 5.5" 4K display as Xperia X Performance is good enough with its 5.0" screen. And the Sony was not ablte to take advantage of Samsung's Not 7 woes as they do not a smartphone can be alternative to Note 7 (screen wise).

Anyway, I hope Sony release only two flagship phones next year with the following features/

common features:

- SD 830, 4-6 GB RAM, 64 GB UFS 2.0 Internal Memory, MicroSDXC support up to 250 GB
- improved ALkaleido metal which is less scratch resistant and fingerprint magnet, more durable
- Iris scanner, and ulrasonic fringerprint scanner
- thinner side bezel
- better DAC for hi-fi and loud audio
- VR ready
- USB Type - C with Gen 1 & 2 support, maybe HDMI 2.0 as well
- 13.1 megapixel front camera with 6 lens setup and 3-axis OIS + EIS, capable of 4k recording up to 60 fps, 1.7 aperture
- a new 23 mp camera with 6 lens setup and 3-axis OIS and EIS, 1.7 aperture
- Full Manual Mode including ability to change manual controls altogether and addition of raw mode.
- new camera and video algorithm

For Xperia X Performance's successor:
-5.0" Full HD same contrast ratio as the X Perf but with better sunlight legibility
- 2,900 mAh battery.

For Xperia XZ's successor:
- 5.5" 4K display with same contrast ratio as X Perf but with better sunlight legibility
- 3, 500 mah battery
- dual-camera set-up
--
Posted: 2016-10-25 02:04:24

badassmam Posts: > 500

I don't think they will bother with the X Performance anymore, they probably sold no more than 5 of those. I expect E5, XA, XA Ultra, X, XZ Compact and XZ successors. A Note 7 sized device would be a good idea because I think people would love the XZ design on a larger scale, imagine if they had alkelido tablets because they would look great.
--
Posted: 2016-10-25 11:08:12

Ambivalent_ Posts: > 500

On 2016-10-25 02:04:24, rss_ndrsn wrote:

I agree with your summary.

The only thing that would truly make the upcoming IFA phone perfect would be Xenon flash. But I'm not holding my breath for that so I can't be disappointed.
--
Posted: 2016-10-25 12:46:32

goldenface Posts: > 500

I'm wondering now what to expect for 2017. MWC has seen some great phones launched but with what seems like the end of the Z series already taken place, what can we now expect.
--
Posted: 2016-10-25 19:44:14

Ricky D Posts: > 500

I feel a bit like the call to end of Z series and this so called phase 2 of their strategy was a bit more abrupt than expected within Sony Mobile. Which in turn has led to n horribly painful transition year.

I hope next year sees the true start of Sony's new direction.

Personally, I'm in the situation where I have a Z5 Premium and everything on the market now looks like a step down, although I admit I've not seen/felt XZ in person. It reminds of the period of Aino and Satio where things sligtly dipped as they prepared themselves to launch into androids.
--
Posted: 2016-10-26 11:51:07

McKinley Posts: > 500

On 2016-10-26 11:51:07, Ricky D wrote:
I feel a bit like the call to end of Z series and this so called phase 2 of their strategy was a bit more abrupt than expected within Sony Mobile. Which in turn has led to n horribly painful transition year.

Personally, I'm in the situation where I have a Z5 Premium and everything on the market now looks like a step down, although I admit I've not seen/felt XZ in person. It reminds of the period of Aino and Satio where things sligtly dipped as they prepared themselves to launch into androids.

If I were you, I still would stick to your Z5 Premium.
As an owner of the XZ I want more of it, especially in the camera department where Sony usually lag behind.
The design according to me has some flaws as well.

--
Posted: 2016-10-28 10:35:22

badassmam Posts: > 500

I had a good weekend with the XZ and its a great phone but again, too small an increment to splash so much cash. It does make me very optimistic about its successor because in terms of software and performance it is at the top with the iPhone 7. I'm rocking a Z5 and I don't believe the XZ is more than 25% an improvement, with the Android N update coming I think the Z5 and Premium will become even better. Camera need improving still but against the S7 Edge, UI and gaming for the XZ was faster loading and lag free, only the iPhone 7 has smoother gaming than it. My one issue is that it looks like the curved front glass scratches more readily, the Z5 screen is ever so slightly recessed so it doesn't scratch.

I'm looking forward to SD830, possible dual camera or the legendary curved sensor on the next device, more alkelido and hopefully a waterproof Compact. The XZ is excellent but I know they can do more and that device will be great.
--
Posted: 2016-10-28 13:33:08

hello1000 Posts: 149

On 2016-10-28 10:35:22, McKinley wrote:

On 2016-10-26 11:51:07, Ricky D wrote:

If I were you, I still would stick to your Z5 Premium.
As an owner of the XZ I want more of it, especially in the camera department where Sony usually lag behind.
The design according to me has some flaws as well.

and if i where hin, sell your Z5 premium, XZ so much better, feels better, better camera with three sensor aray, faster and only mis it 4K screen.

im also Z5 premium user, and XZ much bstter iveral Phone and bet you dont have a XZ otherwise you wont say that nonsens.
--
Posted: 2016-10-28 19:46:52

blackzeros Posts: 381

new phones: keyaki, hinoki and sm11 , hinoki and sm11 has 5 inch screen so it may be same model , source:zauba...
--
Posted: 2016-10-30 14:07:51
Page <  123 ... 181182, 183184185>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home