Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 222324 ... 272829>

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2016-12-15 16:10:38, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-12-09 03:23:52, Supa_Fly wrote:

i'd agree and do. yet one could wager fast charging could be part of the issue to Note 7's battery issues ... at some point something will give ... we know the price / extra cost has given (proven by device sales) but soon enough they'll be a breaking point with current battery technology Li-Polymer/Ion is old as dirt.

Lol, what on earth are you on about!?

Seriously, you are not at all this ignorant, I've read your posts for years and even when I disagreed your argument always had great insight.

If Fast Charging is to blame for the Note 7, what do we blame for the many iPhones that have also exploded?

Phones blew up long before Fast Charging was a thing, and at the moment almost all Android OEMs have Fast Charging phones, with no issues.

The Note 7 was an isolated issue, and even then, a small amount relative to the amount sold blew up.

Why are you coming up with all these excuses for Apple?

You sound like the Apple Fanboys who defended the iPhone when it didn't have Video Recording, and had a crap camera, carry a DSLR they said, if you want to take pictures.

Hmm. Thanks for the vote of confidence ... had to remove the number of quotes as the quoting feature on this site is needing an overhaul yet also to isolate my post and yours.

firstly, I'm honored of your praise and shock. honestly.

to the topic ... I'm not making excuses for Apple, not entirely but their iPad charger does charge iPod Nano, iPhone 5S, and iPhone 6S faster than the small puck Apple had. Between my son and I we own these products. I'm not a spec person, although I could go that route with aplomb ~ should I be knowledge of the product/technology.

Fast charging:
one can argue the benefits of it, and we'll ALL benefit from them.
There was a claim about yours that Samsung N7's had ONLY 20 cases of explosions - which I'd not believe was enough for Samsung to RECALL, then the USA International Airports to disallow boarding on all airline commercial flights (if not all then at least one did), and subsequently completing this issue by a) Killing the product line and doing a FULL refund or exchange and on b) FORCING a KILL OS Update for ALL N7's globally.

Think about that ... only 20 out of a claimed 4 million sold GLOBALLY led to ALL of this and Samsung is going to kill $20mil + R&D and an entire supply chain and production costs to a HALT in less than 3-4 months; really? Can anyone guess how much this issue and timeline costed Samsung in Dollars and how much end user return sales it potentially MAY have costed, especially this holiday season?!

Dollars & Sense people = it doesn't make SENSE to LOOSE DOLLARS for 20 devices blowing up to go all out this route. Sorry side topic.

Wireless Charging, never made an excuse for Apple about this. Qi Wireless charging in it's current state doesn't really offer "ME" (personally) much of a benefit - and maybe adding Fast Charging it would and to many of you it does.

Me - habit:
I've been using phones a VERY long time - since the Ericsson T18z debuted here in Canada on Fido (same timeline as Europe).
I don't wait until my phone is 5% before going to charge the device.
I usually carry (when possible - that's 90% of the time) a spare charger for the phone I'm using for extended trips/usage. Since I work by a computer for 10-12hrs a day 6 days/week I charge via my Lenovo Dock at work, then at home over night. I work out, Jiu-Jitsu training and soon Boxing/Thai Boxing so my phone usage is minimal - I don't spend minutes/hours searching for wallpapers, teaking themes or screwing about with widget sizes like most kids do on Android (like I used to back in the S60/UIQ heyday). I setup and teak pretty much over a weekend on a new device and then I "take it, and go"

Wireless charging to me is the freedom to move about not still be on a pad like that of a cable. In comparison Bluetooth and WiFi gave us this from USB/proprietary cables to our computers - so why would I half step with a pad to charge? Damn even Nikoli Tesla envisioned wireless charging properly and it looks like one company has figured out ad-hoc wireless charging (with tiny adapters for existing devices and imbedded solutions for new devices).

Fast Charging is great ... no doubt about it, but there are a few of us that don't see the benefit to brag about it or use it as a staple in purchasing decision. I don't things last minute

--
Posted: 2016-12-18 18:26:02
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2016-12-18 18:26:02, Supa_Fly wrote:

On 2016-12-15 16:10:38, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-12-09 03:23:52, Supa_Fly wrote:

i'd agree and do. yet one could wager fast charging could be part of the issue to Note 7's battery issues ... at some point something will give ... we know the price / extra cost has given (proven by device sales) but soon enough they'll be a breaking point with current battery technology Li-Polymer/Ion is old as dirt.

Lol, what on earth are you on about!?

Seriously, you are not at all this ignorant, I've read your posts for years and even when I disagreed your argument always had great insight.

If Fast Charging is to blame for the Note 7, what do we blame for the many iPhones that have also exploded?

Phones blew up long before Fast Charging was a thing, and at the moment almost all Android OEMs have Fast Charging phones, with no issues.

The Note 7 was an isolated issue, and even then, a small amount relative to the amount sold blew up.

Why are you coming up with all these excuses for Apple?

You sound like the Apple Fanboys who defended the iPhone when it didn't have Video Recording, and had a crap camera, carry a DSLR they said, if you want to take pictures.

Hmm. Thanks for the vote of confidence ... had to remove the number of quotes as the quoting feature on this site is needing an overhaul yet also to isolate my post and yours.

firstly, I'm honored of your praise and shock. honestly.

to the topic ... I'm not making excuses for Apple, not entirely but their iPad charger does charge iPod Nano, iPhone 5S, and iPhone 6S faster than the small puck Apple had. Between my son and I we own these products. I'm not a spec person, although I could go that route with aplomb ~ should I be knowledge of the product/technology.

Fast charging:
one can argue the benefits of it, and we'll ALL benefit from them.
There was a claim about yours that Samsung N7's had ONLY 20 cases of explosions - which I'd not believe was enough for Samsung to RECALL, then the USA International Airports to disallow boarding on all airline commercial flights (if not all then at least one did), and subsequently completing this issue by a) Killing the product line and doing a FULL refund or exchange and on b) FORCING a KILL OS Update for ALL N7's globally.

Think about that ... only 20 out of a claimed 4 million sold GLOBALLY led to ALL of this and Samsung is going to kill $20mil + R&D and an entire supply chain and production costs to a HALT in less than 3-4 months; really? Can anyone guess how much this issue and timeline costed Samsung in Dollars and how much end user return sales it potentially MAY have costed, especially this holiday season?!

Dollars & Sense people = it doesn't make SENSE to LOOSE DOLLARS for 20 devices blowing up to go all out this route. Sorry side topic.

Wireless Charging, never made an excuse for Apple about this. Qi Wireless charging in it's current state doesn't really offer "ME" (personally) much of a benefit - and maybe adding Fast Charging it would and to many of you it does.

Me - habit:
I've been using phones a VERY long time - since the Ericsson T18z debuted here in Canada on Fido (same timeline as Europe).
I don't wait until my phone is 5% before going to charge the device.
I usually carry (when possible - that's 90% of the time) a spare charger for the phone I'm using for extended trips/usage. Since I work by a computer for 10-12hrs a day 6 days/week I charge via my Lenovo Dock at work, then at home over night. I work out, Jiu-Jitsu training and soon Boxing/Thai Boxing so my phone usage is minimal - I don't spend minutes/hours searching for wallpapers, teaking themes or screwing about with widget sizes like most kids do on Android (like I used to back in the S60/UIQ heyday). I setup and teak pretty much over a weekend on a new device and then I "take it, and go"

Wireless charging to me is the freedom to move about not still be on a pad like that of a cable. In comparison Bluetooth and WiFi gave us this from USB/proprietary cables to our computers - so why would I half step with a pad to charge? Damn even Nikoli Tesla envisioned wireless charging properly and it looks like one company has figured out ad-hoc wireless charging (with tiny adapters for existing devices and imbedded solutions for new devices).

Fast Charging is great ... no doubt about it, but there are a few of us that don't see the benefit to brag about it or use it as a staple in purchasing decision. I don't things last minute

Still sounds like you are excusing Apple, for features they should've made standard 2 iPhone generations ago, but anyway, to each his own.

I don't mess around with customisations either, I've had the same setup on my Androids since the Galaxy S2, just with new additions with each bit of screen real estate we get

It takes me a few minutes to an hour to setup my new phone and then I'm off to using it as I did my others.

What I do use it heavily for is work and personal emails, doing a bit of my work in Google AdWords for Android if I need to, Social Media (FB, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat), Media (YouTube, Netflix, Music etc...) as well as using it as my mass storage device between PCs, Phones and Tablets, thanks to USB-OTG.

I don't regularly leave my phone to get down to 5% either, I usually top it up at around 25-35%, even then, Fast Charge is very handy, just 20-30mins and you're close to a full battery.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2016-12-20 17:41 ]

--
Posted: 2016-12-20 18:32:12

Ranjith Posts: > 500

Hey guys,

Anyway to:
1. Have vibration ON for successful NFC connection?
2. Shares files & folders with Windows PC like we can in XPERIA's with "Remote Shares"?
--
Posted: 2016-12-25 17:19:18

On 2016-12-25 17:19:18, Ranjith wrote:
Hey guys,

Anyway to:
1. Have vibration ON for successful NFC connection?
2. Shares files & folders with Windows PC like we can in XPERIA's with "Remote Shares"?

1. I think this is dependent on your Vibrate settings in Vibration Settings, enable the Vibration Feedback option.

2. Samsung SideSync maybe what you are looking for, here it is:
https://play.google.com/store[....]?id=com.sec.android.sidesync30
--
Posted: 2016-12-29 23:23:28

Masterful Posts: 110

King Of Nougat (Rom) For S7 Edge And S7: Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtTJdGgA9v8
--
Posted: 2016-12-31 17:35:15

Masterful Posts: 110

7 Reasons I Prefer The Galaxy S7 Edge Over The Google Pixel XL

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]edge-over-the-google-pixel-xl/
--
Posted: 2016-12-31 23:45:01

Ranjith Posts: > 500

Any recommendations for a rear clear skin?
[ This Message was edited by: Ranjith on 2017-01-13 07:49 ]

--
Posted: 2017-01-13 08:49:08

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Android Nougat rolling out now ....

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]-galaxy-s7-and-galaxy-s7-edge/
--
Posted: 2017-01-14 21:46:15

Updated to Nougat today and so far so good

This new UI will take some getting used to, but I love how much more snappy the phone is.

Now to see how battery life goes.
--
Posted: 2017-01-18 15:41:58

davidsic Posts: > 500

You had the update via OTA without the beta test program ?
--
Posted: 2017-01-18 17:44:06
Page <  123 ... 222324 ... 272829>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home