Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 141516>

Masterful Posts: 110

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 combines S7 camera with large display, S-Pen and iris scanner

https://www.dpreview.com/news[....]s7-camera-with-a-large-display
--
Posted: 2016-08-02 22:30:38
Edit : Quote

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2016-08-02 19:39:43, McKinley wrote:
Anyone else feeling meh about this release?
Not that I really care about this, because CPU and GPU are good enough as it is today.
Still I was expecting an upgraded SoC and the look feels way too generic now.
The camera is the same, so we will see over-processed shots with oversaturated colours.
[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2016-08-02 19:32 ]

Samsung LOST revenues this past quarterly earnigs announced just a week ago. You're going to see a LOT of tech companies involved with mobile handsets and devices follow suit with their products. That is to say reduced R&D spending this year and less deliverying top shelf tech until next year. There is no surety that the techonlogy industry will recover the way the economy is so far = heavily unstable. Samsung KNOWS they have an EDGE (pun intended) over the competition and they don't NEED to enforce it.

PS: Samsung, get a new vocal voice over for your N.American and western world commercials on new products - this guys voice sounds like a fist in the ear and the tone is horrible. Not dissing the actual person, just stating his voice is not so universally accepted.

Curious: how many Note units sell each year vs Galaxy/Galaxy S Edge units? Moreover the demographics in terms of male/female purchasers for each country.
--
Posted: 2016-08-03 00:15:16

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

I was under the impression that Samsung made a good profit compared to last year, a lot coming from the mobile division?- so not quite sure where they lost revenue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36911228

I don't see much wrong with this phone - great CPU,gpu , meant to be great for games, good camera, water and dust proof, note pen, loads of memory , USB type c, metal build and so on

Wish it was not edge though
--
Posted: 2016-08-03 00:32:00

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2016-08-03 00:32:00, aussieland1 wrote:
I was under the impression that Samsung made a good profit compared to last year, a lot coming from the mobile division?- so not quite sure where they lost revenue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36911228

I don't see much wrong with this phone - great CPU,gpu , meant to be great for games, good camera, water and dust proof, note pen, loads of memory , USB type c, metal build and so on

Wish it was not edge though

Lol, same here, the S7 and S7 Edge have been a great success for them as far as I know.
--
Posted: 2016-08-03 00:44:46

Ranjith Posts: > 500

S7 Edge is already a powerful device and since its quite big too hence it makes Note 7 look "meh". They should have dropped the hybrid sim/SD slot and given each a dedicate one!
--
Posted: 2016-08-03 05:43:12

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Note 7 is already a powerful device and got better being first smartphone to support HDR streaming finally liked too that new phablet.
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2016-08-03 06:25 ]

--
Posted: 2016-08-03 07:20:53

Note 7 is not an upgrade to S7 edge it is silly to think this, it is an upgrade to Note 5 and definitely not a meh one

And while owners of s7 edge have no reasons to upgrade to Note 7 unless they love s pen but for new buyers it is no brainers I think especially if you like phablets - note is larger, has s pen, usb type c, more powerful software , more memory
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2016-08-03 10:22 ]

--
Posted: 2016-08-03 09:50:33

badassmam Posts: > 500

They gave it edge screen because of the success of S6/S7 Edge so it makes sense but the problem with that is its very similar to the S7 Edge even in size. Specs wise they are quite similar which isn't a bad thing but to me the only differentiating factor is the S-pen. Note fans and power users will be happy because its quite significantly better than the Note 5. Personally I don't like the extreme shininess, makes it look more bling than professional so perhaps if it had a frosted glass finish then it would be easier to tell it apart from the S7 Edge.
--
Posted: 2016-08-03 11:45:36

Shino03 Posts: > 500

I agree it appears to not have its own character apart from the S7. I know this is intended BUT some people appreciate unique design especially after some time. Designs gets boring after being used repeatedly.
--
Posted: 2016-08-03 12:52:24

I think that with regards to design manufacturers seem to be in a bit if a slump....look at Sony, Apple Samsung etc To be fair S7 edge was only released thus year so it is not an overly used design but I agree that by next year they will need to change it more significantly
--
Posted: 2016-08-03 13:03:23
Page <  123, ... 141516>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home