Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... , 102103104>

vivftp Posts: > 500

Hmm, my battery life has been continuously going down these past few months. Here's a screenshot

Wondering if it could be either Skype or WhatsApp preventing the phone from properly sleeping. Any suggestions?
--
Posted: 2019-01-05 21:29:04
Edit : Quote

moogoo Posts: > 500

Try restricting background battery usage for whatsapp and then skype and then both to see if that changes how your battery drains. that should allow you to narrow down the culprit. if it's neither of those, you can continue on til you find the one killing your battery.

--
Posted: 2019-01-06 01:19:49

Hmm, the phone reported Word Shaker had high background usage. I Uninstaller it and we'll see how that goes
--
Posted: 2019-01-06 01:53:09

ha. i'm not surprised. probably was sending information constantly for ads and whatever.

hope that solves the problem! good luck.
--
Posted: 2019-01-06 02:29:04

Ya, funny enough after my last charge I uninstalled that game about an hour later and when I checked the battery usage I saw the Google play store was using up 15% of the battery in just a bit over an hour. Dang, well hope that resolves it. If not I'll play around with restricting WhatsApp and Skype.
--
Posted: 2019-01-06 05:22:19

play store? or services? sounds like that game is one of those data collection spam games.

that's why i limit game apps to those from big game studios. too worried about those no-name developer apps doing shady stuff. my XZP needs to last me at LEAST another year, but hopefully two. so, i'd rather not have to deal with shady apps killing my battery or worse.

--
Posted: 2019-01-06 06:13:56

Google play services is what was sucking up the battery life. Just funny that it wasn't showing up in the battery usage report until I uninstalled the game.

Will see how it goes tomorrow.
--
Posted: 2019-01-06 06:49:58

Hmm, I'm currently working on a theory that connecting to my wifi at 5GHz uses up a lot more battery life than connecting to it at 2.4GHz. Sounds odd I know, but gonna keep testing.

Also, my animated wallpaper seems to have been a major culprit for sucking away my battery.
--
Posted: 2019-01-08 04:17:16

i use my 5ghz network exclusively when at home and don't notice it doing anything crazy with my battery..

live wallpapers always suck batteries.. so i'm not surprised.

even after getting rid of that game your battery is still struggling huh?
--
Posted: 2019-01-08 17:46:58

The battery's not as bad as before, getting rid of the game helped.

I'm at work and decided to test just turning off wi-fi, and it's helped my battery life a LOT. Normally my battery would drain a ton while my phone just sat there not doing much. It's never connected to a wi-fi network while I'm at work, so dunno why it's draining so much here.

The only other things active are Google's voice activation, always listening out for my commands. Dunno how much that's draining the battery. Still, it looks like wi-fi being active is the major culprit out of everything I've been testing so far. I use wi-fi a lot at home, but I suppose I'll have to disable it when I'm on the road.
--
Posted: 2019-01-09 01:50:40
Page <  123 ... , 102103104>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home