Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 848586 ... 102103104>

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

For fitting more icons on the screen there are always third party launchers that can be used (I.e. NOVA)
--
Posted: 2017-07-23 21:42:14
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Thanks Moogoo.

I've been informed I have another upgrade, so I am playing with the idea of trying XZP for the next 12months before I go back to a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 next year.

I just watched Tim Schofields review, the Display setting I want is there, I call it Zoom for lack of a better word

I don't even know if I'll do the upgrade, I am conflicted, yesterday I played with my old Note 4 and realised how much I miss that huge 5.7inch Display, so the S8+ looks very attractive to me, yet at the same time I am a tad bored, been using Samsung phones since the S2 and want something different.

LG G6 uses an old SoC so thats out, Note8 maybe similar to S8+ so why bother waiting, I may consider iPhone, hmm.

I really like the XZP design, I like the attention to detail with the chamfered edges, but then No OIS and the 5.5inch display.

Urrgh, I don't know... Wish I had not contacted my network now

This would have been an easy 1 if XZP had a 5.7inch display. I'd be picking it up tomorrow if that was the case!

EDIT:

Thanks Viv and Aussie!

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm going to watch endless XZP and S8+ reviews now #FirstWorldProblems
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-07-23 20:49 ]

--
Posted: 2017-07-23 21:42:51

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Good luck with your choice tsepz - I suffered through the same process as both have their pros and cons. Maybe this will help you decide
--
Posted: 2017-07-23 22:27:04

moogoo Posts: > 500

Tsepz - no problem. in my opinion, i think if you goal is to wait for the note 8 and that will be your daily driver once it's available, then you should go for the XZP as a fun intermediate "vacation". I think you'd be very pleased with just how snappy and responsive the phone is. Sure, it has its issues but what phone doesn't? Getting an S8+ would seem like a waste of time and money to me (assuming you have to pay for your upgrade) if you are DEFINITELY going for a note8 later. Time because it's samsung and as you said, you're somewhat bored with it. Honestly, the no OIS only matters with low light/night photos and can be cured with a tripod or some photography tricks (e.g., leaning against something solid like a wall or railing). My vote is for XZP not just cause I have one, but based on what you've laid out for your future plans and thoughts on current offerings.

--
Posted: 2017-07-24 13:55:05

Thanks Aussie and Moogoo! You have given me food for thought.

I think I am going to play it safe and wait for Note 8 to be announcement next month before I jump into anything.

--
Posted: 2017-07-24 17:44:52

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

So I dropped my Premium again today, this time without a case and onto a paved floor. Expecting the worst I picked it up and the screen is fine although the top of the phone is scratched. At first I didn't notice it but now it's annoying me lol. One thing though, the build quality on this is superb. I really did expect a shattered display as it fell from a good few feet too.

Not that noticeable

On closer inspection

--
Posted: 2017-07-24 18:52:09

moogoo Posts: > 500

Why didn't you have your case on? I have similar scratches when I dropped mine with the roxfit case and it shattered
--
Posted: 2017-07-24 23:11:44

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

@moogoo my case just fell apart after the first fall and I'm waiting on new to be delivered.
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 03:43:14

badassmam Posts: > 500

@Tspez_GP

Why would you even consider such a bezelicious phone with that mediocre screen from a dying company? It would be the worst betrayal since Figo left Barcelona for Real Madrid.

Are people picking up micro scratches on the glass since its curved? I liked having the recessed screen on the Z5 because it stopped me ever getting any scratches front and back.
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 08:52:06

On 2017-07-25 08:52:06, badassmam wrote:
@Tspez_GP

Why would you even consider such a bezelicious phone with that mediocre screen from a dying company? It would be the worst betrayal since Figo left Barcelona for Real Madrid.

Are people picking up micro scratches on the glass since its curved? I liked having the recessed screen on the Z5 because it stopped me ever getting any scratches front and back.

I want something different really. I am even watching BlackBerry KEYOne reviews, and also thinking iPhone.

Who knows, I may just land up with a Note 8, something I really miss in my S7 Edge is the Stylus I had on the Note 4, that thing came in handy when working in WordPress and dealing with large bits of content.
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 09:19:19
Page <  123 ... 848586 ... 102103104>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home