Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 858687 ... 102103104>

badassmam Posts: > 500

Just messing, my 320SE needs an engine rebuild so I'm getting rid and replacing it with a 320d M Sport....even the same colour because I just love them so much.

Buy a hybrid tablet with stylus, increase your productivity. Get a XZP alongside as your plaything.
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 10:36:42
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2017-07-25 10:36:42, badassmam wrote:
Just messing, my 320SE needs an engine rebuild so I'm getting rid and replacing it with a 320d M Sport....even the same colour because I just love them so much.

Buy a hybrid tablet with stylus, increase your productivity. Get a XZP alongside as your plaything.

320d is epic, F30 320d? Those Bavarians have some other kind of magic working in those Diesel Motors of theirs, I drove a friends E90 320d a few years ago, I was blown away by the torque, the damn thing just kept accelerating at an incredible rate from 1st all the way 6th gear, I kept over revving as I simply wasn't used to a motor getting near redline so quickly in each gear

The MD at my old work had a 2016 BMW X5 50d with that brutal 700nm toque tri-turbo engine, THAT has to be the most insane SUV I have ever been in terms of acceleration, not even a Jeep SRT has that kind of toque, truly mind blowing, the ultimate sleeper .

--
Posted: 2017-07-25 15:01:10

vivftp Posts: > 500

Hmm, I went to one of my carriers locations and got a new sim card. Can't say it's done much to help with my signal strength though

I've found if I go into a large grocery store or a houses basement my signal strength goes to shit. Calls either are choppy or just don't work at all. Dunno what else to do

Outside I can get 3-4 4G bars just hunky dory.
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 15:19:44

moogoo Posts: > 500

@XJ - your roxfit case shattered too huh? can't believe they charge so much for something so fragile... hope your next case is better!

@vivftp - that sucks. but if it makes you feel any better, i get poor signal in certain stores too. always have, always will. doesn't matter what phone i use. i think certain stores are built to block signals so they can force you on their crappy in house wifi. lol. i don' tthink there's anything to be done about it. just use the in house wifi and make a VoIP call.
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 15:26:46

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2017-07-25 15:19:44, vivftp wrote:
Hmm, I went to one of my carriers locations and got a new sim card. Can't say it's done much to help with my signal strength though

I've found if I go into a large grocery store or a houses basement my signal strength goes to shit. Calls either are choppy or just don't work at all. Dunno what else to do

This is seriously concerning, anyone else facing this? I am reading about poor signal in the BB KEYOne to, but that seems to be the phone in general for many. This is the first time I'm hearing of a Sony having bad signal.

Are you using a case? Some cases can absolutely destroy signal quality
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 18:22:09

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

On 2017-07-25 15:19:44, vivftp wrote:

This is just me guessing here but it could be that your carrier is using lower frequencies for indoors not supported by XZ Premium - European version anyway
--
Posted: 2017-07-25 19:36:41

vivftp Posts: > 500

On 2017-07-25 18:22:09, Tsepz_GP wrote:
This is seriously concerning, anyone else facing this? I am reading about poor signal in the BB KEYOne to, but that seems to be the phone in general for many. This is the first time I'm hearing of a Sony having bad signal.

Are you using a case? Some cases can absolutely destroy signal quality

This is the case I'm using:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/prod[....]tailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've tried it with and without the case on with no noticeable affect on signal quality.

I can't rule out that there are limitations with my carrier, but I'll need to do more testing. My folks own an X Performance that came from my carrier, so I'll test it against that when I can.

Another thing I noticed, this phone doesn't say LTE up at the top ever, does it. Both in the settings and on the notification bar all I get is 4G. I suppose it's the same thing, but just figured I'd point it out as my parents X Performance does say LTE.

--
Posted: 2017-07-26 03:06:08

@vivFTP who is your carrier?

I have AT&T in the states and while the signal can be low in stores, it's extremely rare that I will lose a signal completely. usually if it's a very large building and i'm tucked away somewhere with a lot of metal around or thick walls. Otherwise, I usually have signal and it's usually at least H+.

4G is LTE. Funny thing is, the manual doesn't even list 4G has an icon and it's supposed to say LTE.

http://support.sonymobile.com[....]guide/icons-in-the-status-bar/

I would imagine it is a carrier limitation on frequency and such. damn north americans!
--
Posted: 2017-07-26 05:09:27

funkadopest Posts: 61

Another thing I noticed, this phone doesn't say LTE up at the top ever, does it. Both in the settings and on the notification bar all I get is 4G. I suppose it's the same thing, but just figured I'd point it out as my parents X Performance does say LTE.

4G or LTE (which indeed are the same)icons depend on your firmware region and not your carrier...
--
Posted: 2017-07-26 07:06:50

@vivFTP - i just tested my speeds while on 4G with 0-1 bars of signal sitting in my home. I got consistently 40-45mbps downstream and 6-7mbps upstream. that's as fast as my cable internet!

@tsepz since you have a screen on time obsession..

[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2017-07-27 11:51 ]

--
Posted: 2017-07-26 13:40:28
Page <  123 ... 858687 ... 102103104>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home