Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 919293 ... 102103104>

Luca-S Posts: 278

On 2017-09-14 19:26:13, milanelo wrote:
Look who started it first. What other response do you expect? I was not complaining at all, you nice asshole, i was just wondering, but you're too stupid to realize that. And btw as of today only XZ1 is included in project treble, you f**kin imbecile...

You started with the offenses.
I said first "You really don't know Sony".
Is that some kind of offense in your country?
Are you nuts? Look to your words first you rude prick...
--
Posted: 2017-09-18 11:02:57
Edit : Quote

milanelo Posts: 52

Wow, you are an absolute moron, aren't you? Look at your first response, than look at your second, who the f**k do u think u are? I won't continue polluting the thread but i've never seen a troll like you, like ever.
--
Posted: 2017-09-18 19:17:39

goldenface Posts: > 500

Guys, it's just a misunderstanding. No need for handbags.
--
Posted: 2017-09-19 10:51:27

Luca-S Posts: 278

On 2017-09-18 19:17:39, milanelo wrote:
Wow, you are an absolute moron, aren't you? Look at your first response, than look at your second, who the f**k do u think u are? I won't continue polluting the thread but i've never seen a troll like you, like ever.

"You really don't know Sony" that was my first response.

--
Posted: 2017-09-19 11:08:22

hboy857 Posts: 141

Sony Xperia XZ Premium is thrashed by dxomark. XZP camera belongs to 2016 era. Despite being the same size sensor the difference between Pixel and XZP are like night and day. The difference between a modern era camera algorithms vs ancient era camera algorithms is apparent. I don't think even with larger pixel size Sony's mobile camera will not be able to take same quality image as Pixel phone can. It's not only just low score in zoom and bokeh that brings the score down for XZP but also the inconsistance the phone's camera shows from image to image is mentioned quite a few times.

https://www.dxomark.com/sony-[....]tested-with-our-new-protocols/

I hope sony seriously reflect upon what they need to do to improve their camera. It's embarrassing for a world famous camera company to have their mobile phones camera rated so lowly.
BTW, XZP score is 83 and iPhone 8 plus is 94.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-09-22 10:47 ]

--
Posted: 2017-09-22 11:44:48

nikola1970 Posts: 331

Sony cameras are trash and inconsistent that it is even worse then most mid range phones around these days.
Photos are only good under a lot of daylight and no more.
[ This Message was edited by: nikola1970 on 2017-09-22 11:01 ]

--
Posted: 2017-09-22 12:00:52

^
Even Huawei's flagship phone takes better pic than Sony's flagship phones. Huawei's phone low light photography and dynamic range is much better than Sony's phone.

One of the things I like most about Samsung is that how quickly they can respond to market. The saw the value of multiple image fusion technique in pixel camera so they incorporate it in S8 and despite the same sensor and aperture S8 takes much better photos than S7. Apple used the technique in iphone 8 Even Oppo now using the technique in their mid phones.

Whereas Sony is pleased with their ancient image processing tech and like to delude themself thinking that their camera is comparable to the likes of iphone, galaxy and pixel. These Assholes are too lazy and afraid to change anything. I'll give Sony one last chance in 2018 if they still don't change (whether in the design or camera department) then I'll leave Sony camp and jump to Pixel camp. Just being unique in the design department doesn't cut anymore.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-09-22 12:09 ]

--
Posted: 2017-09-22 13:06:05

badassmam Posts: > 500

XZP has an excellent camera that for daytime shots, its one of the finest devices out there. Also, I doubt there is anything with better video. People will say certain aspects aren't great which is fine but do a detailed blind test yourselves and tell me whether these high scoring phones deserve it or are better in the first place. XZP has won so many blind tests on these mainstream websites and suddenly iPhone 8 is getting these ridiculous scores?
--
Posted: 2017-09-22 15:08:49

profyler Posts: 104

Is this really that impressive that I8 got the highest score??

Come on, Apple has ridiculous amount of money to spent in R&D, plus, its a new model. So nothing wrong on having the best camera.
[ This Message was edited by: profyler on 2017-09-22 15:15 ]

--
Posted: 2017-09-22 16:13:43

On 2017-09-22 15:08:49, badassmam wrote:
XZP has an excellent camera that for daytime shots, its one of the finest devices out there. Also, I doubt there is anything with better video. People will say certain aspects aren't great which is fine but do a detailed blind test yourselves and tell me whether these high scoring phones deserve it or are better in the first place. XZP has won so many blind tests on these mainstream websites and suddenly iPhone 8 is getting these ridiculous scores?

XZP may have excellent camera for daytime shots but iPhone,Galaxy,Pixel and U11 are more impressive in daytime, with greater dynamic range, better noise control, better texture reservation,less lens distortion and artifacts, and more importantly these phones easily defeat XZP in the low light. Please show some link where XZP won so many blind tests. I have yet to see a famous tech reviewer to praise xzp's image taking capabilities and say that XZP is competitive with other top camera phones. Yes, XZP's stabilization is superb but their focuses is really bad, especially their refocuses tendencies. I recently saw this on Btekt's video comparison of XZ1 and iphone 7.

Dxomark is great. Yes, some will say that they are doing it to sell their software but I disagree with these people. And even if for argument sake say that they are doing it for selling their software I think it's for better. Prime example is HTC. HTC tried years to build a decent camera in their phones but failed miserably but after they make the deal with dxomark they started to have amazing camera's. It's started with HTC 10 and with U11 pretty much every reviewers said it's one of the top 2 camera phone in the world. I believe that with dxomark's help oneplus will also have amazing camera from next year.

If you can't build amazing camera then simply outsource it. I'm 100% sure if people could successfully use the pixel camera app on xzp then the final image would be much better than stock sony camera app. Too bad it doesn't work on XZP. Pixel camera app Even make the ultra shitty essential phones camera take great pic. That is the difference between great algorithms vs ancient algorithms. XZP is capable of capturing amazing photos but inconsistency make people doubt their reliability. Great camera phones I mentioned above pretty much consistently capture great image what's what makes them great camera phones unlike XZP ( or other sony phones).

I'm 98% sure that Xperia's camera team is tokyo based. They rely on their alpha team to give them code and they "try" to make thing work with their phones. Maybe that's the problem - They code alpha team gave them is not suited for mobile camera but they are fitted for stand alone camera. Camera phones need different caliber of code which xperia camera team either unable to produce or can't make them work with camera phones.

Either way, Sony need to change for the better because current Sony mobile division need much better understanding what they lacks and what it needs to do to address their weakness.
--
Posted: 2017-09-22 18:05:20
Page <  123 ... 919293 ... 102103104>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home