Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 939495 ... 102103104>

badassmam Posts: > 500

Thank you! The voice of common sense. I may not be a photography expert but as a scientist I'm saying that these tests are not good enough to come to these conclusions. Nobody said the camera is perfect but saying that its that bad is rubbish because it is of similar quality to every other flagship. The human eye is the best camera, I suggest people use that as a reference.
--
Posted: 2017-09-30 10:38:08
Edit : Quote

doministry Posts: > 500

But also real life situations show the contrary to the "common" opinions.
The links I've pasted here show that with a little effort/knowledge Sony starts to perform stellar.
Also compared to the other top flagships.
--
Posted: 2017-09-30 11:06:43

Archdragoon Posts: > 500

DxO Mark score doesn't related with photography skill. It's just camera hardware and software test.

Also they change their test theory which right now is including dual camera and that's why score of single camera like XZP will be lower than other.
--
Posted: 2017-09-30 11:11:24

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

What will be interesting is if any of the tech sites re-review the XZ Premium once it gets Oreo as the XZ1 and XZ1 Compact offer better quality shots which I can only put down to software tweaks as the hardware is identical.
--
Posted: 2017-09-30 11:44:41

hboy857 Posts: 141

Well. Sorry but I disagree completely.
DxO Mark scoring XZPremium LOWER than Xperia X Performance?
That's a joke mate. I think this page is paid like most of the tech sites/channels.
It's definitely not right.

Nothing to be sorry about. You presented your points why you disagree with me and now it's my turn to argue why I think you are wrong.

First of all you are comparing it all wrong. You are comparing a score mark based on previous criterias. XZP definitely has better camera than XP. So what does that well us? Even XZP score is low in new standard so XP will definitely score even lower than XZP in the new standard. I don't understand why didn't you even think about that way.

Than you have guys like this who are clearly independent, "homemade" reviewers
putting the devices into actual tests, not biased, incomplete crap I read almost everywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtr_4TnjzulPJQ9UjNrnvZA

He even proves how Xperia devices work better than top competition like Galaxy devices.
Does anybody else notice this? Not really.
All the websites use automatic modes which TODAY is a pure nonsense regarding how much phone cameras can do.
Everybody knows Sony cameras are not good in Auto..
Also nobody is showing how all the flagships work in more difficult settings.
Where Xperias work work exeptionally well, considering higher ISO for instance.
But what to expect from people who don't know sh..t about photography??!!

Dude, come on. Dxomark is now a paid site because they gave Sony phone low score. So it was not a paid site when they ranked Z5/Z5P as the best. If dxomark is a paid site (according to your belief) than you also have to say that Sony also paid them to rank Z5 phones as the best. Do you see now the flaw of your statement? You are only going to contradict with yourself with statement like that.
Again, Come on dude. You are going to believe a guy ( the dude's channel previous name was "SonyFan", yeah, man I was his one of his first subscribers, who claimed repeatedly he is a sony fan) over a site with solid reputation of ranking the camera.

It's not just dxomark, other big site tech blogs also said XZP camera is not among the top camera phones. XZP camera is good but not among the best. It can take amazing shot but it's also inconsistent which is a major flow. Yes, with proper settings you can get amazing shot but if you have to rely on manual shot to take great photo with you phones than you are better of with a proper camera. The basic principal Mobile photography is photo taking task has to be hassle free. This is also why mobile photography takes over compact camera with general public. If you can't rely on your phone on auto mode and need tripod and other manual settings to make sure that you are getting great photos than it just proves that it's not a great camera PHONE and definitely not among the best camera phones whose primary characteristics are taking great phones in auto mode consistently and reliably .

Than you have rare situations where somebody digs deeper to show how well Sony can work:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]_round_2-blog-24479.php#image8

You just proved my point. You need manual control and tripod to make sure that the phone will take great photo. They showed that the phone's proper hardwares are there but lacks the proper software to utilize its full potential.

Also look here, where Xperia works just better in some settings where Galaxy falls behind.
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-review-1660p8.php

Why are you using XZ1C's camera capabilities in XZP's camera defense. I was arguing about XZP's camera capabilities and how Sony needs to address the fact that their image processing is not that great. Now look at this article -
https://www.androidcentral.co[....]paign=navigation&utm_source=ac

What does this article tell you? The dude reviewed the XZP but was disappointed by it's camera but he was pleasantly surprised by XZ1's camera capabilities. The article showed that Sony made improvement in the image processing. Gsmarena also showed that with XZ1C compact Sony made improvement in image processing. But they also have to improve other things to truly challenge the big dogs.

My Point is that - These articles shows that how image quality can dramatically improve simply by changing image processing algorithms without changing the hardware. XZP, XZ1 and XZ1C all have the same hardware yet XZP lags behind XZ1 and XZ1C in image taking capabilities. Now, I'm sure XZP will also be a better camera if sony push the camera software update to XZP.

So my opinion is this:
MARKETING. Look how ALL tech sites concentrate on other flagships, using resources to examine devices and their strenghts. Xperia? They don't care and I think it's mostly a deal done...

Not eveyone is lying. Sony's mobile camera is not the best. But recent update shows that they are listening to their critics and willing to change. It's a good sign. I hope they continue improving their camera software because they have the best camera hardware.

We shouldn't blindly criticize other people/sites because they shows the weakness of Sony phones and also don't blindly follow people who always show the good site of Sony phones. If you truly want Sony to succeed in the mobile industry you/we all should be what a true fan should do - appreciate the improvement Sony made and also not be afraid of criticizing Sony when it is needed. Blindly defending Sony will do no Good.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-09-30 15:25 ]

--
Posted: 2017-09-30 12:10:47

To answer in short:

- Yes Sony needs to do a better job, there is no perfect camera out there. However it's the only company beeing under the continuous fire right now for it's supposed performance inconsistiency, where other products are mainly praised EVEN if they also have major flaws out there, also compared to Sony. They're just not pointed out. Because it's a matter of the perspetive as well. It's just biased.
- The Manual/Auto Mode comment you've made is simply stupid. Most of the best selling flagships are supporting huge manual options and are praised for that, like Galaxies or LGs. And these options ARE THERE FOR A REASON.
- The quoted reviews I pasted show exactly how well Sony can perform, but it's never highlighted in reviews, but rather hidden - which is stupid and I am sure, with some other devices it would be absolutely opposite. The basic outcome is like: "Sony camera perfoms not the best, but look, here it can perform really really good, but it doesn't matter, it's still mediocre". LOL.
- Your comment about getting a real camera is also just stupid. You could say it in 2012. Now, mobile cameras perform much better than most digitial cameras 2, 3 years ago. Mobile cameras are not toys anymore, they are already quite powerful tools, widely used.
- I agree, the processing of Sony devices could be better and I hope they work on that. I just want to see an article about OnePlus or whatever else showing it's shortcomings as well. But now, I never see some amazing Sony features beeing highlighted like the best Video stabilization, great colour reproduction, one of the best high ISO performance, or the higher camera resolution.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2017-10-01 09:54 ]

--
Posted: 2017-10-01 10:49:51

hboy857 Posts: 141

On 2017-10-01 10:49:51, doministry wrote:
To answer in short:

- Yes Sony needs to do a better job, there is no perfect camera out there. However it's the only company beeing under the continuous fire right now for it's supposed performance inconsistiency, where other products are mainly praised EVEN if they also have major flaws out there, also compared to Sony. They're just not pointed out. Because it's a matter of the perspetive as well. It's just biased.
- The Manual/Auto Mode comment you've made is simply stupid. Most of the best selling flagships are supporting huge manual options and are praised for that, like Galaxies or LGs. And these options ARE THERE FOR A REASON.
- The quoted reviews I pasted show exactly how well Sony can perform, but it's never highlighted in reviews, but rather hidden - which is stupid and I am sure, with some other devices it would be absolutely opposite. The basic outcome is like: "Sony camera perfoms not the best, but look, here it can perform really really good, but it doesn't matter, it's still mediocre". LOL.
- Your comment about getting a real camera is also just stupid. You could say it in 2012. Now, mobile cameras perform much better than most digitial cameras 2, 3 years ago. Mobile cameras are not toys anymore, they are already quite powerful tools, widely used.
- I agree, the processing of Sony devices could be better and I hope they work on that. I just want to see an article about OnePlus or whatever else showing it's shortcomings as well. But now, I never see some amazing Sony features beeing highlighted like the best Video stabilization, great colour reproduction, one of the best high ISO performance, or the higher camera resolution.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2017-10-01 09:54 ]

LOL, We are in complete opposite position. I feel like I've already wasted lots of time and energy on you and if I continue it'll lead to very nasty confrontation So I'm not going to waste any more time on you. Have a Nice day/night. I wish you well.
--
Posted: 2017-10-01 16:05:57

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Camera Battle: Sony Xperia XZ Premium (Sony Image Sensor 1/2.3" And Sony Lens) Vs Microsoft Lumia 950 (Sony Image Sensor 1/2.4" And Zeiss Lens)

http://allaboutwindowsphone.c[....]ra_head_to_head_Lumia_950_.php

--
Posted: 2017-10-01 20:23:55

https://www.dxomark.com/sony-[....]tested-with-our-new-protocols/

https://www.dxomark.com/samsu[....]y-note-8-best-smartphone-zoom/

It's also easy to compare the "amazing" DXO tests.
XZ Premium MATCHES Note 8, and in the photo department is essentially loses
only in Zoom and this idiotic "bokeh" simulation.
The rest is pretty much even, with both phones getting little lead at times.

WORTH NOTING. It shows completely different picture than some of you are trying to draw here...
--
Posted: 2017-10-03 22:34:00

Archdragoon Posts: > 500

"idiotic "bokeh" simulation"

Oh... well...
--
Posted: 2017-10-04 01:23:32
Page <  123 ... 939495 ... 102103104>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index