Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Sony Xperia XZs Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia XZs Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Great review as always from GSMARENA!

I agree that they were severe in evaluating the XZs camera, as it is notorious that it is better than XZ's, yet it is still behind the cameras of the Blackberry Priv and Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, mainly in ISO BASE as well show the graphics below:





But it is worth mentioning that in low light, the new Xperia is better than the previous generation and the top of the line Microsoft:



That new firmware upgrades further enhance the camera, but in a nutshell, congratulations to Sony, the device actually evolved from the previous generation !!!
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 03:50:05
Edit : Quote

hello1000 Posts: 149


On 2017-04-08 03:50:05, Tibagy wrote:
Great review as always from GSMARENA!

I agree that they were severe in evaluating the XZs camera, as it is notorious that it is better than XZ's, yet it is still behind the cameras of the Blackberry Priv and Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, mainly in ISO BASE as well show the graphics below:





But it is worth mentioning that in low light, the new Xperia is better than the previous generation and the top of the line Microsoft:



That new firmware upgrades further enhance the camera, but in a nutshell, congratulations to Sony, the device actually evolved from the previous generation !!!


That camera review is like always crap, they always how how to downgeade that part.

They never complain about the camera review of Samsung with their oversharping, not natural colors and bad video recording.

That review was a flop, i Don't know why you said its a great review, no its not a great review, a selected review.
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 04:31:11
Edit : Quote

Shino03 Posts: 485

To be honest, I don't know why mobile reviewers think they know better than professional camera reviewers.

All I can remember the last time I used a DLSR camera is that softness isn't always bad.


And if you will look at the fine details of that comparison tool, the XZs is miles better than the blackberry.

The reality is Sony's approach is capturing more detail in the expense of noise. Just look at the paper money in that photo comparison
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2017-04-08 05:40 ]

--
Posted: 2017-04-08 06:36:39
Edit : Quote

MusaD.Dragon Posts: 226


On 2017-04-07 22:16:09, moogoo wrote:
@MusaD - looks like another fake video. Anybody can put up videos claiming they are from whatever device. Can't believe what you see unless the reviewer is showing you they have both devices in hand.



He actually posted an unboxing and hands on video just before that one

--
Posted: 2017-04-08 10:05:49
Edit : Quote

doministry Posts: > 500

Hmm. It's strange with this lowlight performance of XZs on this GSMArena review.
I mean the lowlight pics look like a total crap, especially the live / street ones.
But also in the sheet comparison test, XZs looks actually worse than XZ.
My XZ can take great night shots so is it a photo taking technique again??
I wish. But if XZs makes such bad lowlight photos, it's my last Sony for sure.
I also believe those reviewers less and less. I have to test myself.

As for PhoneBattles videos, they definitely seem NOT fake at all.
And if you really analyze this iPhone 7 / XZs comparison,
exept the walking part XZs's EiS looks more stable and steady that iPhone's.
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 15:55:20
Edit : Quote

admad Posts: > 500


On 2017-04-08 03:10:43, GRANEDE wrote:
All right the review is up. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xzs-review-1600p8.php#next
I disagree with gsmarena's opinion on xzs camera performance. They are many improvements in the image department from previous generation. But Sony still have lot of works to do if they want to people to consider the top three camera phone maker in the work. I still think they should go with 12mpx resolution for better low light performance.


Reducing MP has nothing to do with low light performance. How about simply implementing OIS like every other manufacturer? -.-
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 17:14:07
Edit : Quote

doministry Posts: > 500


On 2017-04-08 17:14:07, admad wrote:

On 2017-04-08 03:10:43, GRANEDE wrote:
All right the review is up. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xzs-review-1600p8.php#next
I disagree with gsmarena's opinion on xzs camera performance. They are many improvements in the image department from previous generation. But Sony still have lot of works to do if they want to people to consider the top three camera phone maker in the work. I still think they should go with 12mpx resolution for better low light performance.


Reducing MP has nothing to do with low light performance. How about simply implementing OIS like every other manufacturer? -.-

OIS doesn't do better than Sony's EIS.
It's all about the algorithm.
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 17:49:21
Edit : Quote

milanelo Posts: 52

Battery life is yet again disappointing.
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 19:23:41
Edit : Quote

doministry Posts: > 500


On 2017-04-08 19:23:41, milanelo wrote:
Battery life is yet again disappointing.


I wouldn't say that.
It's a bit better than XZ which is amazing.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 09:11:06
Edit : Quote

admad Posts: > 500


On 2017-04-08 17:49:21, doministry wrote:

On 2017-04-08 17:14:07, admad wrote:

On 2017-04-08 03:10:43, GRANEDE wrote:
All right the review is up. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xzs-review-1600p8.php#next
I disagree with gsmarena's opinion on xzs camera performance. They are many improvements in the image department from previous generation. But Sony still have lot of works to do if they want to people to consider the top three camera phone maker in the work. I still think they should go with 12mpx resolution for better low light performance.


Reducing MP has nothing to do with low light performance. How about simply implementing OIS like every other manufacturer? -.-

OIS doesn't do better than Sony's EIS.
It's all about the algorithm.



In photo department of course it does. Phones with OIS can take pictures with lower ISO at same shutter speed that i.e Sony will use with higher ISO, that's where EIS fails to do anything, and this is the reason why night pictures with sony (not taken on tripod) fall short behind competition.

In video department I will agree that EIS works very well (even better that OIS alone), with no much harm to quality (FOV is hurt a little bit, but that's something you won't ever notice).
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 11:08:55
Edit : Quote
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home