Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Sony Xperia XZs Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia XZs Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

ascariss Posts: > 500

On 2017-04-08 17:14:07, admad wrote:

On 2017-04-08 03:10:43, GRANEDE wrote:
All right the review is up. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xzs-review-1600p8.php#next
I disagree with gsmarena's opinion on xzs camera performance. They are many improvements in the image department from previous generation. But Sony still have lot of works to do if they want to people to consider the top three camera phone maker in the work. I still think they should go with 12mpx resolution for better low light performance.

Reducing MP has nothing to do with low light performance.

Of course it does, it's simple math .The bigger the area for light capture, the brighter the image with less noise and the better performance of the camera, especially in love light.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 15:39:40
Edit : Quote

milanelo Posts: 52

On 2017-04-09 09:11:06, doministry wrote:

On 2017-04-08 19:23:41, milanelo wrote:
Battery life is yet again disappointing.

I wouldn't say that.
It's a bit better than XZ which is amazing.

Come on now, i'm a Sony fan too, but let's not pretend that the battery life is amazing. Just compare it to the Galaxy series, the Moto Z Play or the Xiaomi/Lenovo phones and Sony's battery life is pretty average to good at best. Which is sad cause i was gonna pre-order the Premium but now i'm waiting for the battery life test which by the looks of it would also be average.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 18:54:04

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

Battery life on the XZ is very good indeed, no complaints here at all. Getting at least well into a second day on a single charge as this screenshot shows and if the XZs has even better life then well done Sony.

[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-04-09 18:07 ]

--
Posted: 2017-04-09 18:59:31

moogoo Posts: > 500

Those battery life tests on GSM arena don't ever seem to translate to real world usage for me. Sony phones tend to be average or worse on their tests but my phones have always outlasted my friend's galaxies and iphones when we are out and about and we all started with 100%. they're all pulling out their power packs while i'm still going strong.

i've never ever had complains about my battery life. it's been one of the hallmarks of a sony phone since the SE days and i really don't think that's going to change.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 20:47:00

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Sony Xperia XZs Camera, Gaming + Benchmark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq66OpR63AE
--
Posted: 2017-04-10 04:20:30

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Magic AR Effect App Launched By Sony

https://play.google.com/store[....].cameraaddon.areffect&hl=en_GB
--
Posted: 2017-04-10 04:25:19

McKinley Posts: > 500

On 2017-04-09 18:59:31, XperiaJunkie wrote:
Battery life on the XZ is very good indeed, no complaints here at all. Getting at least well into a second day on a single charge as this screenshot shows and if the XZs has even better life then well done Sony.

[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-04-09 18:07 ]

The battery life went from good to superb with the latest update for me.
Just like Moogoo. It lasts well into the second day now. I sometimes only charge my phone to around 50% and I feel safe that the Xperia XZ won't die on me during a regular work day.
--
Posted: 2017-04-10 17:18:23

admad Posts: > 500

On 2017-04-09 15:39:40, ascariss wrote:

All right the review is up. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xzs-review-1600p8.php#next
I disagree with gsmarena's opinion on xzs camera performance. They are many improvements in the image department from previous generation. But Sony still have lot of works to do if they want to people to consider the top three camera phone maker in the work. I still think they should go with 12mpx resolution for better low light performance.

Of course it does, it's simple math .The bigger the area for light capture, the brighter the image with less noise and the better performance of the camera, especially in love light.

You have mistaken MP with sensor size. Changing Megapixel count has only minor importance. For example, let's say we have 1/2,3" sensor. You can have 8MP or even 32MP, it doesn't really matter, because 4 pixels of 32MP will catch roughly the same ammount of light as one pixel in 8MP. So, when viewing images captured from these two sensor at 8MP or less, the quality will be practically the same.

What is important is the lens size and how stable the light going through the lens is (OIS). At GSMArena they only test auto mode, you can get good night shot on tripod with correct settings, just set ISO40, shutter speed 1 sec and you will have beautiful night photo, as long as the phone will be on tripod

Which is sad cause i was gonna pre-order the Premium but now i'm waiting for the battery life test which by the looks of it would also be average.

Battery life on Xperia XZ premium will be very different, it has newer chipset and different screen resolution, as chipset will probably be in favour of better battery life, 4K resolution might take some extra juice pretty fast.
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2017-04-10 17:47 ]

--
Posted: 2017-04-10 18:46:46

pt020 Posts: > 500

In the beginning the battery life of my XZ was poor compared to my older Z3C ... but with time the battery got better ... once it was even good for 3 days!
Ok,I do not use it much but still wifi,bluetooth and NFC are always on,listen to music on it 1-2h a day,few calls and that's it....the rest I do on my PC.
--
Posted: 2017-04-11 11:10:32

doministry Posts: > 500

On 2017-04-10 18:46:46, admad wrote:

On 2017-04-09 15:39:40, ascariss wrote:

You have mistaken MP with sensor size. Changing Megapixel count has only minor importance. For example, let's say we have 1/2,3" sensor. You can have 8MP or even 32MP, it doesn't really matter, because 4 pixels of 32MP will catch roughly the same ammount of light as one pixel in 8MP. So, when viewing images captured from these two sensor at 8MP or less, the quality will be practically the same.

What is important is the lens size and how stable the light going through the lens is (OIS). At GSMArena they only test auto mode, you can get good night shot on tripod with correct settings, just set ISO40, shutter speed 1 sec and you will have beautiful night photo, as long as the phone will be on tripod

Which is sad cause i was gonna pre-order the Premium but now i'm waiting for the battery life test which by the looks of it would also be average.

Battery life on Xperia XZ premium will be very different, it has newer chipset and different screen resolution, as chipset will probably be in favour of better battery life, 4K resolution might take some extra juice pretty fast.
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2017-04-10 17:47 ]

Definitely, it's visible on their lowlight test (chart).
Because of the auto mode each phone has a different setting applied.
--
Posted: 2017-04-11 11:24:44
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home