Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 456 ... 141516>

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

On 2017-04-08 11:54:13, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.

It is a shame, here in U.K. Local carriers have them as well. I have to say I was disappointed with xz premium camera from gsmarena review so I am inclining ore towards s8 or s8 plus again
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 14:18:17
Edit : Quote

hello1000 Posts: 149

On 2017-04-08 14:18:17, aussieland1 wrote:

Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.

It is a shame, here in U.K. Local carriers have them as well. I have to say I was disappointed with xz premium camera from gsmarena review so I am inclining ore towards s8 or s8 plus again

Dude, everyone knows that gsmarena is pro Samsung, No single Phone match the camera in al z series.

GSM arena or Samsungarena never complains about the camera from Samsung like oversharping, colors problems.

Only Sony Phone gets fully and detailed review by SamsyngArena. . Go and get that S8 with their shitty 2K fake color panel, mono speaker, boring design, crappy useless edge, laggy UI, bad battery Phone 👍
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 14:43:36

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2017-04-08 14:18:17, aussieland1 wrote:

Nice!

Indeed. It seems Sony just can't get the best out their sensors.

I have a feeling Galaxy and Pixel may take Best Cameras again this year, Samsung and Google seem to get it.

I didn't get to play with a S8 today, my local Vodashop don't have it, apparently it's just the 2 of the many major malls around Johannesburg that have them in network stores, no way I'm driving all the way to either just to try a phone so I'll wait.
--
Posted: 2017-04-08 21:42:36

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

I was able to play with both S8 & S8+. Both phones felt nice in my hand and were very light. But both phones were not as good looking as I thought the phones would be. In fact, I think LG G6 looks better. S7 almost made me buy it but the glass back and UI made me wait for Xperia X Performance. But now I don't feel any desire to buy S8 or S8+. There is not much going on with both devices. And the prices for both phones are very high. Same goes with LG G6. $1000 CAD for the smaller screen.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 01:49:38

So I managed to find myself a one of the major malls that have S8 and S8+ today

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

UI wise I was not blown away, it's not much different from S7.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 15:11:16

hello1000 Posts: 149

On 2017-04-09 15:11:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.

Ofcourse, since Samsung pay bonussen to major retailers in years and many adds, or selected reviews pay by Samsung than people get braunwashed..

Those people who went that store they dont know better, dont blame those brainers blame Samsung for that.

Good luck with that.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 15:18:26

alexander87 Posts: 225

Don't eat up all the marketing they stuff down your throat man, what the hell:

https://www.xda-developers.co[....]user-experience-18-9-problems/

Read up on it, they mention the S8's case too.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 15:34:51

On 2017-04-09 15:18:26, hello1000 wrote:

Ofcourse, since Samsung pay bonussen to major retailers in years and many adds, or selected reviews pay by Samsung than people get braunwashed..

Those people who went that store they dont know better, dont blame those brainers blame Samsung for that.

Good luck with that.

our resident tinfoil hat, you never cease to entertain with your conspiracy theories and radical hate of Samsung.

On 2017-04-09 15:34:51, alexander87 wrote:

Don't eat up all the marketing they stuff down your throat man, what the hell:

https://www.xda-developers.co[....]user-experience-18-9-problems/

Read up on it, they mention the S8's case too.

Marketing only does so much.

I went and used the phone and what I found is that the taller Display allows more to be fitted especially when using Multiwindow Multitasking, especially for those of us who tend to text while watching something, the S8 does the best job of managing to fit a Video, Text with Quoted text and keyboard on a single Display, something 16:9 made difficult.

Lol, even your article sees the good and future use cases for 18:9.

I fully expect you to eat it all up once Sony eventually do it.
--
Posted: 2017-04-09 17:03:39

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Tsepz

I agree with what you said . This new screen ratio is perfect for multi tasking and all other apps will be slowly designed to.fit more content .I though i read that browser already does which is already great

S8 plus is quite a bit taller than s8 . It is nice but considering the price difference for almost an idea tical phone i am more tempted by s8

--
Posted: 2017-04-09 17:27:55

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Samsung Galaxy S8 Official TVC: Breaking Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKSVpOwB_jU
--
Posted: 2017-04-10 04:15:08
Page <  123, 456 ... 141516>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index