Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 789 ... 141516>

hello1000 Posts: 149

On 2017-04-22 08:12:06, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2017-04-22 06:17:22, aussieland1 wrote:
Review on gsmarena is up. I don't see any differences to the S8 plus so I am wondering why they did separate reviews . A way the phones seems really nice

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8-review-1603p4.php

Wait for them to complete the battery test, that is where the difference may come in. I predict the S8 will get around 75-80h Endurance.

Gsmarena is also a lie fake review site, give a good output of the battery test, but a realtime after 3 a 5 monhts the battery Will be shit.
--
Posted: 2017-04-22 15:41:44
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2017-04-22 15:41:44, hello1000 wrote:

On 2017-04-22 08:12:06, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2017-04-22 06:17:22, aussieland1 wrote:
Review on gsmarena is up. I don't see any differences to the S8 plus so I am wondering why they did separate reviews . A way the phones seems really nice

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8-review-1603p4.php

Wait for them to complete the battery test, that is where the difference may come in. I predict the S8 will get around 75-80h Endurance.

Gsmarena is also a lie fake review site, give a good output of the battery test, but a realtime after 3 a 5 monhts the battery Will be shit.

Really? My S7 Edge is 6 months old and I can still get between 6-9hours SOT, and well over a full day.

Go spread your baseless BS somewhere else man.
--
Posted: 2017-04-22 16:40:34

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

tsepz

The funny thing is that someone has in this forum said that the battery life in his Sony phone was ruined by Nougat update . But I guess that when you are blinded by hate for Samsung you miss these things .

Don't know why hello1000 and grenade keep posting in Samsung threads when it us clear they dislike Samsung so much

Anyway there is a hands on anandtech and the impression is generally positive . The only 2 negative points highlighted are position of finger print sensor and the eye unlocking which weirdly enough was praised on the link you listed (video hands on )
--
Posted: 2017-04-22 18:37:09

badassmam Posts: > 500

^
That was me complaining about 7.0 update ruining my Z5, not just the battery. I was given an S6 and S7 for work and both were sent back because the battery didn't last long enough. My brother has an S7 from work but it stays in black and white mode so it lasts a day for him in his line of work. It all depends on how much you use it and what you expect, some people have the luxury of being able to charge their phone at their work desk while others don't.

A couple of friends have the S8 and neither use the fingerprint scanner because they just press the camera lens, it needed to sit much lower also because the phone is quite long. Both said that documents and browsing is brilliant because of the extra length but they don't like the borders from playing media, stretching it makes you lose some of the corner content.
--
Posted: 2017-04-22 19:17:52

On 2017-04-22 18:37:09, aussieland1 wrote:
tsepz

The funny thing is that someone has in this forum said that the battery life in his Sony phone was ruined by Nougat update . But I guess that when you are blinded by hate for Samsung you miss these things .

Don't know why hello1000 and grenade keep posting in Samsung threads when it us clear they dislike Samsung so much

Anyway there is a hands on anandtech and the impression is generally positive . The only 2 negative points highlighted are position of finger print sensor and the eye unlocking which weirdly enough was praised on the link you listed (video hands on )

Will give AnanTech a read, always a good read. Something that I am reading about WRT Iris Scanner, it works near flawless indoors and even in the dark, but once you get outside with the sun, things get a bit wonky.

the Samsung trolls are just mad their favourite OEM gas once again disappointed, a phone announced at MWC in Feb is not even out, while in the same period Samsung has announced, released and already done a FW update for their flagship. The truth is hard for them.

I'm looking forward to some true competitor products like the Google Pixel XL 2, OnePlus 5, LG V30, iPhone 8 Plus, etc... They like Samsung will announce and release devices in a timely fashion and not leave them linger for 2months with no final release date. I can't take Sony seriously anymore they had the best device at MWC an they managed to mess it up. I can bet it will arrive with more drama, that's what usually happens when they delay like this, the device ends up having issues.
--
Posted: 2017-04-22 19:57:44

moogoo Posts: > 500

bravo for samsung adding HDR. doesn't matter if it's software as long as it works. probably doesn't provide the same level of HDR a native hardware HDR screen can provide, but it's good enough to be certified by the UHD alliance. It's not a lie, it is what it is. Using software to upgrade/modify display content is nothing new. everyone does it.

I was impressed by the jerryrigeverything video evaluating the S8+(or maybe it was just s8? not that it matters). everything was metal and the glass was imbedded into the frame providing structural integrity. galaxies have always been plastic and fragile so it's nice to see samsung upping their game in this area.

still seems like software can still be improved. with such powerhouse specs it doesn't blow away the XZs, which has lower specs, which is a testament to how well sony optimizes its software or how light sony's skin of android is.

S8 is a nice device for sure. but it's not for me. i don't like how it looks and it's really just that simple. call me crazy but i like the balance of Sony's design even if there are larger bezels. S8 just doesn't look balanced to me. the aspect ratio is just so unconventional it throws me off, i guess. but i'm sure it is amazing for web browsing and document reading.

--
Posted: 2017-04-22 21:44:13

Errrmmm, Samsung has been building their phones like that since the Galaxy Alpha in 2014.
--
Posted: 2017-04-23 08:41:24

moogoo Posts: > 500

errrmmm.. no. the glass has not been embedded into the frames, which is a very important design distinction providing structural integrity. S6 didn't have this. neither does the s7 edge. flagship devices. s8 seems to be the first flagship device that does this.
--
Posted: 2017-04-23 13:00:49

On 2017-04-23 13:00:49, moogoo wrote:
errrmmm.. no. the glass has not been embedded into the frames, which is a very important design distinction providing structural integrity. S6 didn't have this. neither does the s7 edge. flagship devices. s8 seems to be the first flagship device that does this.

JerryRigEverything mentions it multiple times in multiple videos that S7 has the glass embedded into the frame, e.g. in the bend test of HTC U Ultra at 5:00 he talks about it:
https://youtu.be/oNmLUEE-YAk

--
Posted: 2017-04-23 16:44:41

GRANEDE Posts: 38

Looks like people are already disappointed with dex dock-
https://www.androidheadlines.[....]-with-galaxy-s8s-dex-dock.html

Like I predicted before dex dock will be a failure. Most people will be disappointed with it while few people will actually use and like it. There is noway a phone will provide a better desktop user experience. The feature looks good on paper but in real situation come short. Other manufacturer tried it before and failed and this time samsung will fail.

Unless we have a full surface phone with real windows 10 desktop OS, this "phone can turn into real desktop computer" feature will be a marketing gimmick.
--
Posted: 2017-04-24 13:11:53
Page <  123 ... 789 ... 141516>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home