Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 192021 ... 262728>

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

It is true that most of ui for Sony Xperia xz premium doesn't run on 4k but even so it is impressive how fast it is . It feels faster than S8 .

I am curious if the Note 8 will have a 4k screen
--
Posted: 2017-06-22 22:24:34
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2017-06-22 22:24:34, aussieland1 wrote:
It is true that most of ui for Sony Xperia xz premium doesn't run on 4k but even so it is impressive how fast it is . It feels faster than S8 .

I am curious if the Note 8 will have a 4k screen

I doubt the Note 8 will have a 4K Display, I think next year's Samsung Flagships will, they seem to be looking to keep consistency in terms of hardware between S and Note these days.

Either way, we will be fine with 2K for now as there is not much 4K content out there. The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S8 Displays are still the best Displays in Smartphones and it doesn't seem anyone is up to challenging them.

I see that even the 4K XZP display is not up to scratch to Google's Daydream standards, probably due to a poor refresh rate.

Galaxy S9 and Note 9 are the true 4K Flagships we are waiting for.

That said, I'd be more excited for more RAM and internal memory, if they could make a S9 and Note 9, with 128GB plus MicroSD and 8GB RAM with 2K Infinity Displays and at least 3800mAh battery I'd be quite happy.
--
Posted: 2017-06-23 07:53:50

badassmam Posts: > 500

^ you've lost all credibility, if you can't see that the XZP has a better screen than the S8 then there is no point in debating anything with you. I see people viewing 4K content on their ZXP and it looks absolutely stunning, there simply is no comparison.
--
Posted: 2017-06-23 11:02:16

moogoo Posts: > 500

it's no use badassmam. he's gonna believe what he's gonna believe. he claims to be someone who goes with the best device, but he's totally a samsung fanboy through and through.

tsepz - you say exposed the UI is 1080p as if it was a secret? It has been said that the UI was rendered in 1080 since forever ago. Nor has sony ever advertised that the UI was completely in 4K. It would be wrong to advertise something when it wasn't true, right?

I have personally compared an S7 Edge screen with my XZP playing the exact same video from the exact same source. There is absolutely no comparison. my XZP destroys the S7E and makes it look washed out colorwise (which i admit was surprising considering AMOLED is supposed to have overly saturated colors normally) and lacking detail. Watching 4K HDR content is an absolute DREAM on the XZP. Images do look real as if they are popping out at you. It's just that good. And for all those people claiming there is a "lack" of 4K content. there is plenty. there's tons of 4K content on youtube, Amazon has 4K HDR content ("The Grand Tour" anybody?) and fully supports the XZP by name.

I think this is a case where you should take a look at the XZP side by side with an S7 or S8, enjoying content, and see for yourself. If you still refuse to admit the screen is better, then there's no hope for you as I said above.

--
Posted: 2017-06-23 14:07:53

Considering how long it's taken the XZP to get to European markets I'm not even sure when it will get here all I see is XZ and XZS ads.

Going by reviews the Display is nothing to rave about. But I guess EVERY SINGLE reviewer is a Sony hater, hey?
This XZP Display claim is going the way of the Sony Battery Life myth, something that only exists amongst Sony Fanboys in this forum. Nobody ever posts proof and reviews reflect the opposite. Oh dear... Talking Credibility with you guys is just rich, when any criticisms brought against Sony are seen as bias and paid and so on and so forth.

Moogoo, what Display setting was the S7 Edge you were trying? I can also easily make my S7 Edge create washed out colours by either setting it to AMOLED Basic or Adaptive and putting it under bright light.

Yep, such a Samsung Fanboy I use an Apple iPad for my tablet, I am that hardcore.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-06-23 20:11 ]

--
Posted: 2017-06-23 21:03:12

moogoo Posts: > 500

S7E was set to 2K resolution and whatever the best color settings are. Are you making excuses again? I wasn't even the one doing the comparison. It was my friend who is a samsung fanboy to the core. so he put it on the best settings possible to compare. and even he admitted the XZP was much, much better.

What reviewer has said the XZP's display is nothing to rave about? The only negative any reviewer has said is that 4K might be overkill and that there is a lack of 4K content (which is not really true). Every review i've seen or read has said the screen is gorgeous.
--
Posted: 2017-06-23 23:47:38

badassmam Posts: > 500

@Tsepz

I never said you were a fanboy or hater. For someone who has never touched the XZP you seem to make some bold statements about the screen being worse than the S8. Basically, you cannot backup your claim so you have no credibility whatsoever. I can easily cherry pick like yourself and say that according to the professional photography site DXO, the S8 camera is no better than my shitty X Performance camera.
--
Posted: 2017-06-24 01:26:15

Mogoo, explain to me, what this means: "whatever the best color settings" ???
There is no best Setting buddy , it's all down to what people want, Adaptive Setting adjusts itself according to the light in your surroundings, so it will adjust the vividness and brightness of certain colours and can go from very vivid to incredibly washed out.

AMOLED Cinema blows out the colours and makes them very vivid, this is the setting I like but many complain that it's far too vivid.

AMOLED Basic, this tends give a very Washed out and seems to be closer to LCD colours.

AMOLED Photo, seems to try strike a balance between LCD and AMOLED - I believe many who move from LCD to AMOLED may prefer this setting in the beginning.

You see what you do not understand is that Samsungs SuperAMOLED panels are built to give a variety of looks depending on individual.

So again I ask, what setting was the S7 Edge on? If your friend doesn't usually play with the Display settings then his S7E was likely on Adaptive and that is a poor representation as Adaptive doesn't go to the full extent of vivid, that's what AMOLED Cinema is there for. By the waybyou also say you were playing a video, what Android OS was that S7 Edge on , if on Nougat, was Video Enhancer turned On?

Ultimately to get a very goo idea of how vivid a Samsung can go you must set it to AMOLED Cinema with Video Enhancer On, that will give you the best idea.

Would be great so see a pic of the comparison I am very curious to be honest.

I never said any reviewer said it was a bad display did I? I said from what I have read it's nothing to rave about, that's no bad, it just means it's nothing out of the ordinary, none of them seem completely blown away.

Badassmam,

Moogoo called me a fanboy, calm down.

That's the great thing about reviews, they all tend to be quite consistent from what I have read, they say the Display is good but none of them seem to be blown away by it.

--
Posted: 2017-06-24 15:12:19

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

I am surprised to hear amoled screen is washed out as they are well known for vivid colours and high contrast . Maybe not as sharp as the 4K screen I get but. It washed out

That being said the video playback of 4K content on Sony xz premium is amazing . I think Sony is early did well with this phone , shame it is not marketed more

Going back to Samsung sounds like Note 8 will be similar to s8 plus however with th dual camera similar to iPhone 7 plus including the optical zoom. That's pretty sweet. I wonder how will affect th s8 plus sales
--
Posted: 2017-06-24 19:24:50

On 2017-06-24 19:24:50, aussieland1 wrote:
I am surprised to hear amoled screen is washed out as they are well known for vivid colours and high contrast . Maybe not as sharp as the 4K screen I get but. It washed out

That being said the video playback of 4K content on Sony xz premium is amazing . I think Sony is early did well with this phone , shame it is not marketed more

Going back to Samsung sounds like Note 8 will be similar to s8 plus however with th dual camera similar to iPhone 7 plus including the optical zoom. That's pretty sweet. I wonder how will affect th s8 plus sales

When someone out of the blue claims an IPS LCD is more vivid than a AMOLED you know the test was suspicious I don't even know why I am entertaining the conversation as it seems like this is one of those Esato Myths, like Sony Battery Life.

Anyway.

The Note 8 seems like will not have the FPS embedded in the Display, apparently both Apple and Samsung are struggling with this feature, so it's FPS may sit at the back like the S8, hopefully in a more central position this time around.

I am waiting for the Note 9, S7 Edge will have to endure my heavy usage for another year
The Note 8 will be more like S8 Plus but with new Camera and SPen, hopefully a larger Battery to.

Aussie,

I thought you'd have a S8 Plus or LG G6 by now, or is the Google Pixel serving you THAT well!?
OnePlus5 128GB in your future maybe? Where is that phone addict in you gone!?
--
Posted: 2017-06-25 13:23:52
Page <  123 ... 192021 ... 262728>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home