Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 232425, 262728>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

So for those of us who use our smartphones for more than just taking pics and watching videos, something I have really come to appreciate in Samsung phones is Knox, it has made dealing with some of the strictest Exchange accounts very easy as it seems to be more trusted.

I worked for a large WPP company and was able to setup my email with no problems on my Note 4 and S7 Edge, and now at my new company that is privately owned, same thing, setup was easy, just a matter of email and password, but for my iPad and my colleagues who use Huaweis and Sonys, things got quite hairy and they had to get IT support to come do it.

I think the reason why it's easier in Samsungs is due to their Knox system, I had no idea that it was also implemented at the hardware levels of our phones this explains so much, this is damn near the closest Android has been to BlackBerry Security.

I see Samsung has released an Infographic on it, makes for a good read I mean at the end of the day what good is a smartphone if it cannot be secure enough to easily load your work email

I hope more Android OEMs follow BlackBerry and Samsung on this area, with the recent Ransomware attacks, Data Security is becoming ever more important if not the most important thing.

Samsung’s new infographic shows how Knox completely secures your digital life

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]ely-secures-your-digital-life/
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-07-06 04:04 ]

--
Posted: 2017-07-06 05:01:31
Edit : Quote

Ranjith Posts: > 500

I still have no idea what Knox is Never needed it for my work too but looks like its very usefull, need to look into it.
--
Posted: 2017-07-06 07:02:29

On 2017-07-06 07:02:29, Ranjith wrote:
I still have no idea what Knox is Never needed it for my work too but looks like its very usefull, need to look into it.

You are using Knox without knowing it , it has multiple levels Security, the app itself is mainly made for usage in high security organisation, that may have stricter requirements on the whole BYOD system most companies are going with now.

From a day-to-day perspective Knox is continually making sure your Samsung is not Rooted or compromised by any security threats, this forms part of the Device Maintenance App that we use in Settings. The Secure Folder is also part of Knox in fact.

Here is what I found on the Samsung website:

It's good to know we are using the most secure Androids around

Take note, whenever a claimed Malware attack or compromise is found nobody ever mentions that it can get through Knox, they always leave the fact that it cannot get through Knox out.

--
Posted: 2017-07-06 10:40:30

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Vs HTC U11: Battle For The Shiniest Smartphone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAVMrcB2EA
--
Posted: 2017-07-08 04:45:11

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Knox is good but I am not convinced it makes it more secure than Pixel and Nexus phones
--
Posted: 2017-07-08 12:50:10

On 2017-07-08 12:50:10, aussieland1 wrote:
Knox is good but I am not convinced it makes it more secure than Pixel and Nexus phones

Knox has been deemed secure enough to use in multiple governments including France, USA and China, I don't believe Pixel or Nexus have that sort of clearance:

https://news.samsung.com/glob[....]ications-from-china-and-france

NSA approved it back in 2014

http://www.pcworld.com/articl[....]for-government-use-by-nsa.html

Samsung worked with BlackBerry and Intel to make Knox what it is today.

The only other Android manufacturer with this sort of security is BlackBerry themselves, not even Google.
--
Posted: 2017-07-08 15:50:34

And yet Knox has security holes as well which can leave you exposed until Samsung is fixing them

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/[....]give-hackers-full-control/amp/

My point is while Knox is good it is still software that has to be constantly kept up-to-date in order to make it "the most secure andrpid phone ". And when it comes to updates I think Pixel and Nexus are better
--
Posted: 2017-07-08 19:23:00

Indeed there will always be exploits found and patched.

In actual fact Knox is updated separately from the Firmware, Samsung push updates to it and the phone automatically does the update in the background much like Google Playstore and Framework do their updates with you knowing.

Glad that exploit was found and fixed.
--
Posted: 2017-07-09 14:35:47

Glad it was fixed too and it is good to hear Knox is updated separately as otherwise the Samsung updates are quite fragmented . Anyway I have the best of both worlds (Samsung and pixel ) so I can't complain . Still I trust Apple more on security which is why I only use Apple Pay

I was in Italy for work last week and was impressed by camera of S8 plus in low light . Also I love how fast phone cameras are these days - the week before my nieces visited me and was able to capture really good shots of them . Overall happpy with the camera
--
Posted: 2017-07-09 20:22:54

Ranjith Posts: > 500

How long has been KNOX around? Since S6 days? Will be nice to see how long Samsung continues support and development for it. If they are dedicated to it, that will be awesome.
--
Posted: 2017-07-11 04:39:15
Page <  123 ... 232425, 262728>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home