Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 456 ... 262728>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2017-03-31 06:34:18, aussieland1 wrote:
I use chrome as it is perfectly fine .....

Not sure how reliable these are but it is encouraging ...Re battery life

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]s8-s8-plus-compare-s7-s7-edge/
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2017-03-31 07:19 ]

I can't use Chrome, some websites like Android Authority and PhoneArena get annoying with their Ads.

WRT the Battery Life, hmmm... That is quite the mixed bag I must say, the S8+ will have comparable to the S7 Edge which was one of the best Androids is this regard last year....and may very well continue to be amongst the best this year if the G6 and GS8 are anything to go by.

My worry is the smaller GS8.

Let's see what GSMArena and PhoneArena get with their tests.

One thing is for sure, I'm not getting either one, I'm waiting on that Note 8.

My S7 Edge is serving me very well. So far there doesn't seem to be a 2017 Flagship that will have as large a Battery plus all the features of the S7 Edge, will just get a new case for it.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-31 08:57 ]

--
Posted: 2017-03-31 09:52:15
Edit : Quote

GRANEDE Posts: 38

Another excellent samsung feature, you know other than the most f**ked up place to put the finger print scanner.
http://www.theverge.com/2017/[....]g-galaxy-s8-face-scan-security
Very well thought out and supremely well implemented feature that will not compromise security. Well done, samsung. I'm very Proud of you.
--
Posted: 2017-03-31 14:41:07

moogoo Online Posts: > 500

Granede - no need to post negative crap just so you can "stick it to samsung.." there are always good and bad to every phone but the way you are presenting the bad is just... rude.

that being said, the guy who wrote the cnet editorial doesn't seem all that savvy to me. there isn't a single phone in the US that can travel from a GSM carrier to a CDMA carrier, so not sure why that's a point of contention for him with the S8. Sure, if you have a phone that supports ALL LTE bands in the US, you technically COULD go to any carrier, but as soon as you are out of LTE range, you'd be screwed. not to mention, CDMA carriers like SPRINT still use archaic registration that is tied to the device and not to the SIM.

S8+ has lots of great features and definitely has great specs.. it just isn't for me. but more power to those who love it.
--
Posted: 2017-03-31 15:45:41

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Other phones have had finger print reader on the back before Samsung so this is definitely not a Samsung feature
--
Posted: 2017-03-31 16:43:59

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

The fingerprint location isn't the greatest but like aussieland1 stated others have had one there for a while and had very few complaints if any. I do find it funny though that phone will pop up with a message say you need to clean the camera lens to take the best shot and this message only appears when you enable the fingerprint reader. It's kind of like Samsung admitting they've put it in a strange place but where else could they have put it.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-03-31 16:33 ]

--
Posted: 2017-03-31 17:26:30

Personally I hate the Fingerprint Scanner position, I have always preferred a Fingerprint Scanner at the front, any other place to me is just odd and cumbersome. It should at the front, end of story.

Hopefully when the Note 8 or S9 lands Samsung will have perfected the Fingerprint Scanner under the screen tech they are working on. Apparently the S8 was meant to have it but the tech was not ready for public release, so the S8 unfortunately has it at the back.

The S8 is a nice glimpse of where Samsung is headed with design and tech, but it's not a complete picture at all, more of a transition phase, much like phones like the Galaxy Alpha and Galaxy Note Edge were a transition phase to metal build and curved displays.

Good times ahead
--
Posted: 2017-04-01 05:19:37

On my Pixel XL is on the back and I find it perfectly fine . The only time when it seems a bit odd is when I use Android pay and try to authorise with my finger print .

On the same note I think when it is embedded in the screen would be odd too because how would you know where to place the finger when the screen is off

I reckon the design of note will stay similar to this design same as last year with S7 edge and Note 7
--
Posted: 2017-04-01 07:04:11

On 2017-04-01 07:04:11, aussieland1 wrote:
On my Pixel XL is on the back and I find it perfectly fine . The only time when it seems a bit odd is when I use Android pay and try to authorise with my finger print .

On the same note I think when it is embedded in the screen would be odd too because how would you know where to place the finger when the screen is off

I reckon the design of note will stay similar to this design same as last year with S7 edge and Note 7

That's where the beauty of SuperAMOLED Display comes in, the Fingerprint Reading area of the Display will have an Always On Symbol of where it is, much like how AOD works in the S7, when you put the phone in your pocket that Symbol will turn off and turn on when you take the phone out your pocket.

--
Posted: 2017-04-01 11:03:10

Besides the issue with people wanting to use screen protectors i also fail to see how a finger print reader embedded in the screen which would have to be displayed on the screen in order to be used is better than a reader in the back with a noticeable margin and placed in a way so it is easily reachable with the index finger (again as it is on my pixel XL )
--
Posted: 2017-04-01 14:22:39

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

Just had my hands on an S8+ and as smart and clean as it looks it's actually fairly bland to look at. It is very long and anyone who has small hands will struggle with this phone. One other observation, the screen didn't seem too bright either if I'm honest and it was set max.
--
Posted: 2017-04-02 09:38:07
Page <  123, 456 ... 262728>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home