Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy Note8 Official
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note8 Official Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 101112 ... 141516>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Exciting time ahead Samsung taking DeX to new heights
https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]ing-linux-os-linux-galaxy-app/

It's good to just see an OEM focus on pushing the envelope in areas that help us be more productive. Smartphone cameras are great these days, but some of us use our smartphones for more than just taking pictures, my phone's are tools and it's great to see Samsung focus on expanding the tool set of our smartphones.

Thoroughly enjoying DeX so far, I don't have to open up my laptop at home, I just drop my phone in DeX, do everything on my glorious TVs display and use my BT headset to listen to music and take calls. Our phones have more than enough power for this now.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-10-19 10:14 ]

--
Posted: 2017-10-19 11:02:48
Edit : Quote

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Tsepz

But surely the laptop is more powerful . And you can connect the laptop to your TV as well
--
Posted: 2017-10-19 14:46:51

On 2017-10-19 14:46:51, aussieland1 wrote:
Tsepz

But surely the laptop is more powerful . And you can connect the laptop to your TV as well

Oh yes! The laptop is definitely more powerful, but I hate lugging it around. My DeX and keyboard are always ready to go, they stay in the TV Room, where I spend most of my time, so if I get a work email and need to check a campaign thoroughly or fix a report, I just pop my phone in DeX and away I go. I have also been using it to watch YouTube videos and Series, so sometimes I am using DeX already for entertainment and I just open a window to do work far more convenient for me.

It's an insane feeling, having everything in this 1 mobile device. I now can leave my work laptop at work, which is great as as a resident of the infamous Johannesburg, "crime capital" of the world, I don't worry about someone breaking into my car to take my work laptop when I go out on Friday nights after work.
--
Posted: 2017-10-19 17:58:09

Good to see Google and Samsung embracing each other
Samsung adopting Google's ARCore, coming to Galaxy S8 and Note 8

Samsung has partnered with Google to adopt ARCore, Google's augmented reality platform, and it will bring the experience to its Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ and the Galaxy Note 8.

Google announced ARCore earlier this year and it is a rival technology to the already available ARKit on Apple devices. The iPhone 6s and newer iPhones all support the feature and there are already quite a few interesting apps that make use of AI on the iOS platform.

With Samsung joining the Google ARCore camp, developers will now be able to write augmented reality apps for two of the most popular series of Android phones: the Google Pixels and Samsung's Galaxies.

https://www.phonearena.com/ne[....]o-Galaxy-S8-and-Note-8_id99086
--
Posted: 2017-10-19 21:07:53

Brilliant
Samsung restates its case as the king of cell phone displays

https://www.androidauthority.[....]ung-display-commercial-810414/

Samsung on the ball. Why didn't the other OEMs take full advantage when the Note7 fiasco happened you never let Samsung getaway when they mark a mistake as they will pounce when you make one.
--
Posted: 2017-10-26 20:06:21

Ranjith Posts: > 500

Folks at Samsung would be sighing with relief and busy celebrating. They are going to close out 2017 as their year. Remember people predicted Samsung to shut shop or at least kill the Note line up during the N7 fiasco? And here they are...breaking sales records while all their major competition are facing some or the other woes. LG and Pixel with display issues and Apples rumored delays. What a turn around!
--
Posted: 2017-10-27 11:00:55

etaab Posts: > 500

I'm still waiting for my Dex station to arrive.
--
Posted: 2017-10-27 15:39:06

Etaab,

Have you contacted them to find out what the delay is? I was waiting for my BT Headphones and one day I get a call from my old office that they have been delivered, lol. They never even called me to say they are delivering them.

On 2017-10-27 11:00:55, Ranjith wrote:
Folks at Samsung would be sighing with relief and busy celebrating. They are going to close out 2017 as their year. Remember people predicted Samsung to shut shop or at least kill the Note line up during the N7 fiasco? And here they are...breaking sales records while all their major competition are facing some or the other woes. LG and Pixel with display issues and Apples rumored delays. What a turn around!

Indeed. What a year it has been for them. I remember people saying that, that the Note line is over and Samsung is done heck there are people screaming that Samsung is in trouble seeing as LG and JDI are making OLED panels, and some other companies are getting into the Memory chip business etc etc... Fact of the matter is Samsung had done these things for so long that they have incredible expertise and QC standards that the others will take a few years to learn.

Just to give an idea of Samsung's strength in OLED displays: LGs entire OLED production is about the size of Samsung's reject pile of OLED displays. In other words LG make as many OLEDs as Samsung's bad units that fail QC. A whole lot of resources go into making these panels and to get it right a manufacturer needs to have the muscle to handle the complexity OLED production, which Samsung have.
--
Posted: 2017-10-28 06:59:13

daviep Posts: > 500

got my dex yesterday.took around 2 weeks from my claim being accepted
--
Posted: 2017-10-28 11:03:48

milanelo Posts: 52

Some Samsung Galaxy Note8 users are experiencing freezing issues with their units

--
Posted: 2017-11-01 20:15:49
Page <  123 ... 101112 ... 141516>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home