Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy Note8 Official
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note8 Official Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 1213, 141516>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

The Galaxy Note8 is hitting the top lists of most Reviewers Top 2017 Smartphone lists

The Top 5 Smartphones of 2017 - Pocketnow Editors Vote!
https://youtu.be/T9mRYCHkMY4

They gave it a fitting description: "Pocketable Super Computer"
--
Posted: 2017-12-23 08:45:54
Edit : Quote

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

finally site is back up.

On 2017-10-27 11:00:55, Ranjith wrote:
Folks at Samsung would be sighing with relief and busy celebrating. They are going to close out 2017 as their year. Remember people predicted Samsung to shut shop or at least kill the Note line up during the N7 fiasco? And here they are...breaking sales records while all their major competition are facing some or the other woes. LG and Pixel with display issues and Apples rumored delays. What a turn around!

Not sure whom here was predicting Samsung would shut down shop or kill the Note lineup (Samsung is MORE than their electronics division).

Yet please tell me, and others here with factual proof from Samsung what "Sales" records across the globe their actually breaking?

Forbes Magazine
Date: OCT 5, 2017
Source URL: https://www.forbes.com/sites/[....]-an-awesome-2017/#ce7fe204aa50

But consumers seem to have forgiven Samsung Electronics. Analysts are predicting record-crushing
sales for the Galaxy Note 8, the successor to the Galaxy Note 7. Lee Soon-hak of Hanwha Investment and Securities told The Investor last month that he expects sales of up to 12 million Note 8 units. That beats the previous record — 8.5 million Note 5 units.

South Koreans bought 270,000 units in its first weekend in stores, The Investor reported on Sept. 18, compared to 160,000 units of the preceding model. (The firm has not yet released worldwide sales data.)

What an analyst EXPECTS vs actual sales or shipping numbers (fulfillment of orders/pre-orders) is very different. Let's look onward shall we?

BGR - Note 8 US Pre-Orders
The Galaxy Note 8 is already selling like crazy, and it’s not even out yet
Date: September 8th, 2017 at 5:58 PM
Source URL: http://bgr.com/2017/09/08/gal[....]rs-sales-numbers-vs-galaxy-s8/

Samsung has revealed that pre-orders of the Galaxy Note 8 have surpassed any other Note preorder in history, with more Note 8 devices purchased than any other Note in the same time period. It’s the final reassurance Samsung needed that the Note 7 debacle didn’t destroy the company’s reputation, or its ability to sell a crazy number of phones.

Samsung isn’t giving official numbers yet, but it has issued a press release saying “more people in the U.S. have purchased the Galaxy Note8 than previous Samsung Note phones during the same time period,” which is a vague way of saying pre-orders are going really well.

WTF? Why can't Samsung publish factual numbers with a press release vs a vague statement saying device is selling well?! I'm sure it's selling VERY well ... but there shouldn't be an excuse not to publish the numbesr, when the company never stated it would stop doing so, so what gives? Again I'm looking for factual numbers, not analysts expectations or summary's ... real numbers.

SlashGear
Galaxy Note 8 pre-orders beat all other Notes
Source URL: https://www.slashgear.com/gal[....]beat-all-other-notes-12499339/
Date: Sep 12, 2017

[sub-source within this article is from Reuters:
beating its predecessor Note 7 over five days by about 2.5 times
https://www.reuters.com/artic[....]mong-note-series-idUSKCN1BN050

It would seem that the Galaxy Note 8 is on its way to being a success. Last week, pre-order numbers began surfacing from South Korea and showed us that interest was outpacing that of the Galaxy Note 7. Today, we’re getting a more complete picture of Note 8 pre-orders, and they paint a rather pleasant picture for Samsung, which had a lot riding on this release

According to a new report from Reuters, Galaxy Note 8 pre-orders have climbed to around 650,000. That number represents pre-orders from around 40 countries over the span of 5 days, which is impressive to say the least. Even more impressive is that they’re around 2.5 times higher than pre-orders for the Note 7, which means that the Note line hasn’t stumbled at all in the wake of last year’s battery debacle

Now we're getting FACTS ... true numbers not estimates but proper facts. Good ... lets look further.

PocketNow
Samsung continues to sell Galaxy Note 8 like hotcakes, at least in Korea
Date: Oct 19/2017
Source URL: http://pocketnow.com/2017/10/[....]-8-sales-hotcakes-korea-update

Samsung isn’t as forthcoming about the box office performance of the company’s flagship smartphones these days as a few years back, when the chaebol frequently boasted various sales achievements attained by blockbusters like the Galaxy S4 or S5

Keep in mind that a whopping 850,000 Galaxy Note 8 devices were reportedly pre-ordered in Korea in advance of the official September 21 release, followed by a steady 20 to 30K sales a day through the end of the month.

That crazy pace understandably slowed down in October, nonetheless standing close to 20,000 daily units on occasion, and never dropping below 10K. Incredibly enough, those numbers are similar to the local interest generated by the Galaxy S8 duo at the same point in the spring flagships’ commercial run.

Of course, you have to figure that everywhere else the Galaxy Note 8 is significantly less popular than the GS8 and S8+, since the former’s total global shipments are expected to “barely” cross 10 million copies by the end of the year. Still a phenomenal tally for a phone part of a family that was considered nichey and a tough sell just a couple of years ago.

Their numbers differ, of course a month later claiming higher global pre-order numbers yet NOTHING factual directly from Samsung, not even a quote so where are these "numbers & records" truly coming from: end users pre-ordering, cellular providers pre-orders (before/after wireless users on their service ordering or just in anticipation)?

If Samsung isn't as forthcuming about sales numbers, then where exactly is PocketNow (a Samsung fansite; not investor or global market research firm like Reuters/Bloomberg where money depends on facts) getting their numbers from?

Sorry I'm just looking for imperial hard facts vs what we'd like to believe (personal opinion) that's all. My allegeance to use another platform has nothing to do with looking for facts. Again I'm not singling or attacking anyone just the facts of sales/shipping when I read a line such as "hey are going to close out 2017 as their year" without any links to back it up with facts.

FYI my personal rebuttal to another iOS/Apple fan about Samsungs numbers
Member name: (mine) DeepIn2U
Soure URL: https://forums.macrumors.com/[....]y.2095348/page-9#post-25609434

Cheers.

PS: I feel 2018 will be Samsungs year or quite possibly LG an underdog may have a breakaway year.
--
Posted: 2017-12-31 08:25:51

skblakee Posts: > 500

Wow! Have not been here in a while. Good to see the site is up and running.

I am using the Note 8, Gold. Very good phone. Hard to beat it.
--
Posted: 2018-02-05 17:42:24

Tibagy Posts: > 500

Transform Your Galaxy Note 8 Into An iPhone !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7UazgL1lLc
--
Posted: 2018-02-09 01:45:32

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Vs Apple iPhone X - Speed Test!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RAlXlay3Jk
--
Posted: 2018-02-09 01:50:02

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Vs Apple iPhone X: Camera Comparison - Photo Quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xiun71ZZ14
--
Posted: 2018-02-09 01:55:03

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2017-10-08 12:24:04, Tsepz_GP wrote:
So got my Samsung DeX station and TouchPro Bluetooth keyboard. As some of you know I have been a fan of DeX since day 1 when I saw it on the S8.

I can officially say, it has lived up to expectations, even blown through them. I really wasn't sure how this would work out but I am thoroughly impressed.

This week I'll leave my work laptop at work and do anything I need toon my Note8 with DeX. I mainly work on Google, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn advertising platforms, Samsung browser easily handles this, I then do reports in Excel. Well as we all know Samsung and Microsoft have been getting closer to each other and thus Word, Excel and PowerPoint are fully optimised to work in DeX, so this part is also sorted along with work emails etc...

I also have a set of Samsung Level U Flex Bluetooth headphones coming, this will then help when I get a call while using DeX.

This phone is going above and beyond anything else on the market it's proving to be the ultimate productivity beast, I just cannot get over how far it goed, the fact that I now have a smartphone that converts into a PC when I need it to is incredible.

It has put me in a corner though, as I literally won't be able to take any other smartphone that doesn't do what this does seriously after this. I cant call anything else truly productive.

Keep your Pixels, Huawei's, Xperias, iPhones, OnePluses, LGs etc... They are now useless to me

Amazing how things have turned out, just last year I was watching endless reviews of the HP Elite X3 with Continuum support on its Dock, and thinking to myself how great it would be to have an Android that had the same setup, and boom, got a Note with that setup a year later.

It seems Samsung got this whole modular computing thing pretty well the first time around, in some areas it's better than Microsoft's own Continuum
https://m.windowscentral.com/[....]soft-continuum#comment-2720816
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-10-08 16:10 ]

I'm VERY intrigued with what Samsung has done with Dex.

The evolution of this simplistic concept: A Smartphone that can give a pure mobile computing desktop like that of a PC or to BE a PC.

This began with:
Motorola Atrix & Desktop Dock.
Motorola Atrix 4G, Dock, and Laptop Dock (This actually looked nice back in 2009)
Verizon Droid - here Motorola had a subdued chance (when they had owned themselves not another company)
Blackberry 10 - horrible attempt (not even worth comparison but they tried. Just a mobile desktop UI rotation. It did allow for Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse but you had to really fiddle to get it to work and VERY limited due to locked down boot-loader and OS).
Microsoft Windows 10 with HP Elite X3 with Continuum. UGLY phone, really good speakers, but Saatya killed this for whatever reason. Most likely not enough interest from hardware developers. A little too late, and besides R&D was expensive and Microsoft made more money with deals having MS Office everywhere and their Azure cloud business.

Samsung Dex ... something tangible.

I'm curious Tsepz_GP ...

MS Excel in Samsung Dex ... where you able to run very complex reports using full Windows Add-Ins?!
Is there an option for Linux on Dex where you can fully install / select Fedora/Ubuntu/Suse Desktop Arm Linux distros?

To me THIS means Samsung not only can push for enterprise but also in future lower cost Galaxy models appeal to 3rd world countries for those that cannot afford and never had owned a computer. where Linux is the cheapest option to learn computing via a school. Further we may see military applications as well (USA, China, Germany).
--
Posted: 2018-02-27 09:38:55

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Lol, I keep forgetting to check the above, will try do today. I use Excel for reporting, putting in basic formulas to work out averages, sums as well as creating graphs.

On 2018-02-05 17:42:24, skblakee wrote:
Wow! Have not been here in a while. Good to see the site is up and running.

I am using the Note 8, Gold. Very good phone. Hard to beat it.

Loving it to. Still the most complete device on the market, IMO. Nothing at CES or MWC is as well rounded, except maybe the S9+ (no SPen though).
--
Posted: 2018-03-24 11:27:15

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Note 8 is great but S9+ has better battery , CPU, GPU , camera. It's true it doesn't have spen but for whoever doesn't need it S9+ is the better phone
--
Posted: 2018-03-24 20:24:03

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Vs Sony RX100 V: 4k Video Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=878x2WRUJ7w
--
Posted: 2018-03-25 03:35:49
Page <  123 ... 1213, 141516>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index