Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Xperia 1 Unveiled
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia 1 Unveiled Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 434445>

ascariss Posts: > 500

So it looks like Sony went another route.

Gone is the 1/2.3 sensor and replaced by a 1/2.6 sensor featuring, drum roll please, dual pixel autofocus with pdaf, and for 2 sensors as well.

Also selfie cam has been downgraded, while not a feature I use for taking pictures but only video calls, so gone is 13mp cam because there probably is no room for it in such a thin bezel. Can't wait for all the complaints.

Good to finally see OIS on the 2 cams with EIS as well, like I said in previous posts nothing stopping Sony from using both on the cams, especially when you can turn off one or the other if you need to.

Curious to see some camera samples and how Sony has improved things or not.

As for the battery, I am sure it could last just as long as in xz3 if not more since the sd855 is on 7nm and much more energy efficient. But the large 4k oled could hamper the battery life a bit.

Also at 6.5 in the screen is larger than the z ultra yet it is smaller but not as thin. Those people wanting the return of a z ultra, here it is more or less.

Anyways will be interesting to see the reviews from various sites and curious what problems they will decide to use this time around.

As for the battery tech, Sony uses Li-ion while Huawei uses Li polymer. You can read the differences here

https://www.androidauthority.[....]er-whats-the-difference-27608/

And here
http://blog.ravpower.com/2017[....]-vs-lithium-polymer-batteries/

I feel maybe Sony has used Li ion to maybe save cost? That being said Samsung also uses Li ion in the S10 as well, with the fold getting polymer. Regardless of why Sony choose this route and smaller capacity, it will be interesting to see how long this phone will last in various battery tests.
--
Posted: 2019-02-25 08:43:50
Edit : Quote

Archdragoon Posts: > 500

Why there's no night mode yet ?!

--
Posted: 2019-02-25 08:45:18

maiaramdan Posts: 308

Honestly, I like it very much
the battery is not an issue to me , always have a powerbank
Fit & Finish looks superb from the videos even compared to XZ3,
--
Posted: 2019-02-25 08:47:10

Hawk12 Posts: > 500

Looks like 6.5 21:9 has less area than 6" 16:9.
It should be 5020 x2160, this one has same ppi of Z2.
EIS can be disable, OIS cannot ( no phone has this option). Also OIS alone is shitty for video, those phones with 4k60 prove this. Video is useless if you move. Jelly effect and it uses battery.

16,7 cm but they do not use 1/1.8".... But a camera 20% smaller than Z1.

--
Posted: 2019-02-25 08:54:09

vivftp Posts: > 500

On 2019-02-25 08:54:09, Hawk12 wrote:
Looks like 6.5 21:9 has less area than 6" 16:9.
It should be 5020 x2160, this one has same ppi of Z2.
EIS can be disable, OIS cannot ( no phone has this option). Also OIS alone is shitty for video, those phones with 4k60 prove this. Video is useless if you move. Jelly effect and it uses battery.

16,7 cm but they do not use 1/1.8".... But a camera 20% smaller than Z1.

We will see if the EIS can compensate for any jelly effect from the OIS
--
Posted: 2019-02-25 08:57:31

snehalpatil2 Posts: 1

Looks really nice .
as android is been updated day by day and love to buy this as features are really good.
https://crbtech.in/android/best-android-training-institute-pune
[ This Message was edited by: snehalpatil2 on 2019-02-28 03:56 ]

--
Posted: 2019-02-25 08:58:14

hgautam Posts: > 500

MY ONLY WISH THAT SONY DOESN'T RELEASE ANY OF THESE 2019 PHONES IN INDIA just like XZ2 Premium, XZ3 and XA2 series. These are dead on arrival no matter how low they price them.

Finally the year has come for me since 2001 when I switch brand from Sony to some other. Hugely disappointed with the battery capacity and front camera specs. Have been waiting for 2 yrs for a decent Sony.

Will still stay esato as long as possible.
--
Posted: 2019-02-25 09:09:13

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

That is an absolutely stunning device.

Very unfortunate about the battery, then again I have been spoilt by the ridiculous 4200mAh juicer in the Mate 20 Pro so it's going to be hard for me to find a phone that matches its battery life. My next phone will probably be a Foldable anyway.

This seems like a decent effort by Sony, I just hope that tiny battery mixed with a 6.5inch 4K screen will not mean compromise on usage.
--
Posted: 2019-02-25 09:22:21

moogoo Posts: > 500

I would like to see actual hands on usage but it seems Sony isn't letting anyone touch and use it. Shame. I want to see YouTube on it to see how normal everyday videos are displayed
--
Posted: 2019-02-25 09:53:31

Xajel Posts: > 500

Personally, while the device is stunning, it's main shortcomings for me are

1. Price.
2. Lack of 3.5mm plug.
3. Battery, while Sony are very good for their battery life efficiency compared to the rest of the market, 3330mAh is not up to our like. I mean even if currently they have comparable battery life compared to the rest. If they used higher capacity ones with their fantastic technologies will mean better than average battery life which will be a very good selling point for them, which they really really need.

But regardless, I'm very impressed, specially the video options. But again as a device meant for multimedia and it's great screen with DCI-P3, HDR, Atmos sound, bla bla bla, and not having a 3.5mm plug is hard, carrying another adapter is really annoying for everyone.
They should really make a standard charging cable with built in 3.5mm female plug.

But, I don't know if anybody noticed, they didn't release any info regarding the internal storage, only RAM and the microSD support.
[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2019-02-25 08:58 ]

--
Posted: 2019-02-25 09:56:30
Page <  123, ... 434445>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home