Esato Mobile
General discussions : Other manufacturers : Just a little thought...
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Just a little thought... Bookmark topic
Page123>

T68Girl Posts: 33

I work for a certain British operator service ... ... in sales/retail, and just FYI -- as far as I and my colleagues are concerned, Nokias are outdated and somewhat limited, feature-wise, compared to innovative new phones by Sony-Ericsson and Samsung. Even the next five or so upcoming phones from Nokia here in Britain have the exact same menu and basic features, and yes -- those same old technical problems we're all, I'm sure, aware of!

Come on Nokia... get with the changing technical times!
--
Posted: 2002-02-26 23:40:00
Edit : Quote

jh67 Posts: > 500

Quite right,..Nokia are a bit behind right now. A lot of people think that too

The most innovative one have to be the 7650.
The mix of java,phone,pda,camera.

Nokia aim to sell more, where Ericsson are the innovative ones.

Nokia are "moving around" right now, with e.g. 7650, 5510, 8910,..making some very "different" phones.

Samsung are quite good too, and Siemens for that matter,.making very good handsets.

Basically I believe Nokia are on a different strategy.

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-02-27 14:04:00

decoy7 Posts: > 500

Ericsson bring out 1 good phone in the past 5 years and all of a sudden Nokia are behind the times...please.
--
Posted: 2002-02-27 14:20:00

Golden Boy Posts: 183

Yes..yes.. Decoy.. your rite! At last someone with the same perception!... I have had this debate with others in this forum.. any way,.. at present NOKIA are on a different Strategy as Jan was sayin... But they are market leaders and are dictating the market...I only purchased the T68 as it was in colour n i couldn't wait around for Nokia to make a release their product "7650", however...the Ericsson has surprised me!not a bad phone but needs a lot of work..as in the general room, you can see that their is a letter being produced by Laffen with all the changes required... IF do decide to read the letter, n decide to update the phones to our"the consumers" requirements then Truly this phone will be "tha BOMB", "Tha Shiznitz".....

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-03-13 19:14 ]
--
Posted: 2002-02-27 15:33:00

Golden Boy Posts: 183

T68GIRL, sorry.. but i have found that most people that work in the retail shps in the uk..like Carphone Warehouse, have very limited knowledge of what is really going on...SO u wake up.. GEt with it..

[ This Message was edited by: Golden Boy on 2002-02-27 15:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-03-13 19:13 ]
--
Posted: 2002-02-27 15:36:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

Golden boy > Sonyericsson will read and evaluate the letter.

It was Sonyericsson themselves, that contacted me, and asked for the list

Of course we wont get "everything" in the T-68,..simply not enough room, hehe.

But they did write, that they will use it for future models as well.

----------------------------

T-68 wasnt the first Ericsson to use new technology,..the R520 and T-39 was triband, bluetooth, gprs phones as well.
But surely the T-68 is the "state of art" right now.

And yes I do believe that Nokia are on a different strategy.

And yes, when it comes to the phones and selling them, Nokia is still the leading company. They are very good at marketing.

Nokia have been standing still for a while, most of their phones looked alike, had the same features and so on. I think of it, as a "dead-zone", where nothing happens.

BUT they're catching up E.g. using new features, new different designs :7650, 8910.

I believe every manufacturer have these periods, where nothing really happens,..no innovative thinking.

I hope to see a lot more from Nokia, Siemens, Sonyericsson, Samsung, Motorola and all the others.. the more the better for us consumers.
I dont favour one specific phone-manufacturer,..actually I like most of them.

I'm always curious about "whats next in line"

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-02-27 16:02:00

T68Girl Posts: 33

Golden Boy, I don't work for a mainstream company like Carphone Warehouse -- actually, in specialized retail, so I think you'll find that I know a lot more than you think. My point was that yes, Nokia have been the leaders -- but many of their upcoming phones are basically minor updates of the 'standard nokia' and I hope that they reclaim their position in the market by introducing something new... for example, a different menu structure would be nice!
--
Posted: 2002-02-27 18:32:00

andrew99 Posts: 254

The T68 was the 3rd phone with new features from E. My T39 is still ahead of any N phone on the market. This post was posted from a T39
--
Posted: 2002-02-27 20:28:00

Fingers Posts: 468

I think Nokia just had a bit of luck with the whole personalisation thing, it's exactly what a lot of people wanted, look at how many other manufacturers are doing the same thing now. Still think they need to make the changeable covers a better fit. Hi andrew 99, nice to see another Kiwi here, thought I was the only one.
--
Posted: 2002-02-27 20:37:00

hampe Posts: 152

Ericssonīs new phones is really neat!
I think the T68 is the most complete mobile-phone on the market right now.
And if you want a good, affordible, extremly light phone then I think the T66 is ultimate.
And T65, really god price for a phone like that! I think itīs almoast as god as nokia 8310 but much more afordible! Ericsson rules since couple of months ago... But thereīs still just three hot models although, but Iīm sure that there will be more! (T39 is a little bit to ugly I think)
--
Posted: 2002-02-27 22:56:00
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home