Esato Mobile
General discussions : Other manufacturers : Im going to buy a new phone but what phone shuld i buy?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Im going to buy a new phone but what phone shuld i buy? Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

Powa Posts: 120

The phone will be perfect. This post was posted from a T68
--
Posted: 2002-03-06 20:35:00
Edit : Quote

Super Psyduck Posts: 31

Well the thing is i would save my money for the t68 but my dad say's:
400£ for a phone is a waste of money..
And i agre i think that is too expensive.
So my guess will be that i will buy the t65 for around 200£..
The half of that price..

But some questions about it.
Does it have t9?
It vibrates right?
Have anyone had any problems with it?
Do you think you get quality for that money?
Is it worth it?

Well it's some stupid questions but who cares really.
In 3 weeks or something it's probably beeing a Ericsson on my side and not a Nokia..
Im very happy with the nokias it's just that they just get more and more lozy for every phone they make.
Just look at the 8210 peaple has problems with the display. The same thing with the new 8310 too. And that is something i don't like.
And i can't afford to but my phone in service 4 times a year.

But my 6150 has been a very good phone. It has quality and that is something that i like about it.
I have dropped it in water (Misstake) and it works like a new phone so that is what i like about it.

So the T65 has that kind of quality right.
--
Posted: 2002-03-07 10:14:00

Super G Posts: > 500

T65 have been all recalled by SonyEricsson recently.

I would personally go for a 33xx within this price range.

--
Posted: 2002-03-07 10:30:00

decoy7 Posts: > 500

hmmm, quality control?

as Ericsson sell more phones we hear more and more stories of bad experiences..just like with Nokia and their faulty screens.

no one can guarantee the t65 will be solid and free from defects as it's probably in as big a production run as other popular handsets.

i've had bad experiences from a t28 which was changed 3 times and is now worthless with no warranty which means if it breaks down again i've lost everything...although i've already written off the cost.

with this in mind choose carefully where you buy the phone, get a full warranty and if it breaks down on you demand a refund and go get the Nokia 3330.

at least with the Nokia if you drop it all you have to do is change the case and bring it back...they'll never know.
--
Posted: 2002-03-07 10:34:00

Eamonn Posts: > 500

i had a nokai 3310. it broke down 3 times and was replaced every time so i sold it. my friend got the nokia 3330 and had the same problem as me so he sold it too.
--
Posted: 2002-03-07 10:45:00

Svedge Posts: 34

If I were you I would have bought a T65 or a T66. The cheap Nokias are just so terrible, and they are very simple phones. has a much higher quality than Nokia.

Before I got T68 I had a 3310, but somebody stole it. The Nokia 33xx phones are just crap.

[ This Message was edited by: Svedge on 2002-03-07 10:52 ]
--
Posted: 2002-03-07 10:51:00

ferrarista44 Posts: > 500

buying a new phone?

hmm, not the 3310. because the 3310 has even a low resale value than the 3210 here in the Philippines.

ericssons have exceptional features.

siemens mobile phones have pretty good features too.

the new alcatels are seeming to catch up.

your choice.
broaden your horizon, dont just limit your options to both NOKIA and ERICSSON...
there are a lot of good phones out there, and one might just suit you perfectly.

--
Posted: 2002-03-07 10:51:00

Eamonn Posts: > 500

alcatel is quite good actually....
--
Posted: 2002-03-07 11:01:00

Super G Posts: > 500

I would definitely not say the 33xx phones are crap. It is on the contrary the best phone made in this category for the targetted market. It's extremely simple to use (no phone is simpler than this), cheap, well-designed, with a reasonable size, and customizable at will.

Now, it all depends what usage of the phone you will have.
If you don't care about GPRS, CSD and just want to talk and send/receive SMS then go for a 3310.
If you want to wap a little bit only, then a WAP capable handset (w/o GPRS) is enough: e.g. 3330.
If you want to wap a lot, then a WAP-over-GPRS capable handset is what you need as the call cost will seamingly be lower.

Anyway, the choice is yours
You may also want to wait for CeBit

--
Posted: 2002-03-07 11:04:00

papajames Posts: 37

take a peek at the panasonic gd75. i have one and i like it but is it available there?
--
Posted: 2002-03-07 11:14:00
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home