Esato Mobile
General discussions : Other manufacturers : Is this phone the T68i killer?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Is this phone the T68i killer? Bookmark topic
Page123>

erickson Posts: 17

http://www.threegmobile.net/gallery/vertu/

umm...$20,000 US for a platinium Nokia

what in the world is nokia thinking? will this phone take down the T68i as the most wanted phone in the world?
--
Posted: 2002-03-27 13:18:00
Edit : Quote

fifey Posts: 35

Why? Would you want to pay that much for a B&W screen?

Read this

http://www.theinquirer.net/26030209.htm

[ This Message was edited by: fifey on 2002-03-27 13:25 ]
--
Posted: 2002-03-27 13:20:00

LukeSky Posts: 40

Vertu will never win the t68, cos its for a different market all together!
--
Posted: 2002-03-27 13:27:00

erickson Posts: 17

Boy, I need a "concierge" button on the T68 so can place my peticare appointments.

--
Posted: 2002-03-27 13:29:00

Super G Posts: > 500

LukeSky, you're absolutely right.

It's like saying a Rolls would be a Volvo killer.

But at least the good thing is:
the less the amount of features, the less the risk of bugs.
--
Posted: 2002-03-27 13:43:00

Yellow-Hollow Posts: 237

Well, I think it's ugly.
--
Posted: 2002-03-27 14:06:00

jeffharris Posts: 135

No, it's like saying a 1985 Rolls is a 2003 Volvo, with all the electornics and touch screen GPS killer.

It's got to be a flop. I could see myself buying one of these, but, even so, I would not buy a prestige item like that, with such old technology, and heavy as a brick. Now, to create a prduct that would sell, I WOULD buy a gold or platinum $2,000 T68 -- the gold or platinum content on these Vertu's don't exceed $500 in precious metals.

I assume it is tri-band, there is no mention of that.

They got started 4 years ago -- a bunch of guys got to live off a salary from the investment. But, they will flop.

E-Bay, 6 months, $1,000 ????

Jeff
--
Posted: 2002-03-27 14:16:00

fifey Posts: 35

They got started 4 years ago -- a bunch of guys got to live off a salary from the investment. But, they will flop.

eh? It's a Nokia startup.

--
Posted: 2002-03-27 14:38:00

Super G Posts: > 500

It's an exclusive phone that stands aside that's it.
There certainly is a market, and not everybody is interested in having any possible technologies.

If you don't like the car comparison, let's compare watches. Watches are even more comparable to mobile phones.

You may want to buy a watch with altimeter, date indicator, stopwatch, all what you could think of, e.g. Suunto. Yet, there are handicrafts watches that simply give you the time and these are selling well and are fabulous, e.g. Blancpain, and have no pretention to be a killer of electronic watches. You might want to put a gold case to your Suunto, it will never be a Blancpain. And vice-versa.
Giving the time is the essence of a watch: Blancpain has made this an art. The essence of a phone is allowing for voice calls: let's see how Vertu will perform.

If you don't like watches. Take swiss knives and Laguiole if you wish. The idea remains. The market is existing. For mobile phones, it is emerging.
--
Posted: 2002-03-27 14:40:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

We've been talking about Vertu before.

Of course theres a market for this,..think : music-industry, oil-industry, movie-industry.
People with a lot of money !

Ericsson too did gold-phones, other brands have done this as well.

The Vertu is upgradable, hardware/firmware/software.
Technically it could be upgraded in almost any way.
And yes its heavy (200g),..it consists of metals

The lead-designer is the same who did 8850,..he's a really good designer.

Just as Super-G is saying, there will always be a market for such expensive special-built things, whether its cars, watches, phones, furniture, clothing.

Another thing is, I dont think Vertu plans on selling the same amount of phones that e.g. Nokia does. Its much more limited.

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-03-27 15:15:00
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home