Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : New to Esato? Please read this forum first : Software for t68....please help!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Software for t68....please help! Bookmark topic
demirdag Posts: 1

Hello everybody!

I'm from the Netherlands and recently bought a T68 phone! It's a really good phone and I'm happy I haven't bought a stupid Nokia 8310.

But I have a question..I heard alot about upgrading the software on the t68 to R2B with MMS. I WANT that software. It's supposed to have new games and faster menu's...also MMS is supported????? Tell me all about it please!!

Questions:
1. when will the software be available in netherlands?
2. after upgrading, will my pics, contacts and sms messages be deleted? And will I have more memory to store backgrounds? (a rumor I heard)
3. will the R2B with MMS be the final upgrade for the T68? Or will there be more upgrades?
4. Is there a site where I can see the advantages of R2B over R2A?

What's wrong with my current software R2A013 prgCXC125401????

Thanks for your help people!!!

greetz Daniel
--
Posted: 2002-03-31 15:15:00
Edit : Quote

Cytech Posts: > 500

most of your questions has already been answered in earlier threads...

but here they are once again...

The new software will include many new features, here are some:

- support for MMS
- support for JPG and animated GIF pictures
- new themes and backgrounds
- new games
- screensavers
- support for xhtml, a new standard for mobile webpages
- more advanced composer and a soundbrowser with support for iMelody

1. The new software will be released in May
2. Yes, all pics, sms, ringtones, vocie tags and so on, that you have saved in your phone will be deleted during the upgrade
3. First of all... R2B is the latest version out now for T68m... there will probably be other releases later for the T68m after this release
4. http://www.tsixtyeight.com , look under the FAQ section

[ This Message was edited by: Cytech on 2002-03-31 15:30 ]
--
Posted: 2002-03-31 15:26:00

CyberVisitor Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2002-03-31 15:15, demirdag wrote:
..I heard alot about upgrading the software on the t68 to R2B with MMS. I WANT that software. It's supposed to have new games and faster menu's...also MMS is supported????? Tell me all about it please!!

If you update from R2A to R2B right now (it's available) you'll get new games (but you'll also lose some) and faster menus. You wont lose your sms, ringtones etc. during the update.

You will not get MMS or any of the other nice features though that the T68i has. At least not yet. Probably in a month or so. When you make that (MMS) update, you will lose sms, ringtones etc.

Just wanted to sort things out since some of the features you were asking for actually is available in the current R2B software.
--
Posted: 2002-03-31 15:40:00

sooty Posts: 88

Quote:
On 2002-03-31 15:15, demirdag wrote:
What's wrong with my current software R2A013 prgCXC125401????
greetz Daniel

Except for the lack of MMS I would say that there is nothing wrong with your current software.

--
Posted: 2002-04-01 02:51:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home