Esato Mobile
General discussions : Non mobile discussion : Don't you think things are developping to fast?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Don't you think things are developping to fast? Bookmark topic
Page12>

arroyootje Posts: > 500

HI, if you look back in the last 1000 years, you will notice that the first 700 years were pretty much the same, with some change, but not drastic ones. Now all of a sudden there has been a "boom" and we have cars, electricity, planes, mobiles, computers, ...

AND, everything's getting faster and even more developped. Most things you saw in a Science Fiction film 10 years ago is now on the market or even 'old news'. Surely this can't be good. For now: yes, but in the future....

Many of us don't even know what's going on, we just listen to what we have to buy or what we see and get it. I would like to hear your opinions on this

If you have nothing interesting to post, then don't post anything!

--
Posted: 2002-04-06 07:40:00
Edit : Quote

Eamonn Posts: > 500

u seem very bored!!!
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 09:45:00

I know, I am
It's just that lately it's getting pretty boring here at Esato with all the same questions and answers again and again... don't you agree? So I thought of posting something else... anything really, doesn't have to be this.... just something interesting....

--
Posted: 2002-04-06 11:16:00

Eamonn Posts: > 500

yep must agree with u on that 1
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 12:42:00

mixin Posts: > 500

i agree with you, that things aer going quickly... but if you look at sci fi films, youll see that it was thought that we'd be in space, talking to alien sby the year 2000....!
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 20:57:00

bart Posts: > 500

is a good thing that tings are developing so fast? wont it go to fast?
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 21:23:00

Lethal Posts: 92

You are right, the past 100 years have been quite amazing.
The death of the Queen Mum here in the UK demonstrates what you're talking about.
When she was born, the Horse was the only means of transport, there were no planes, cars, computers, phones.

Through her lifetime, all those have been invented, at first as luxury items ... now almost essential for modern day life.

--
Posted: 2002-04-06 22:39:00

Evert Posts: 96

In 1877 the first telephone line was installed.
In 1896 the first car was built.

Thats quite different from today!
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 23:11:00

I know, it can't be good, surely... Imagine you fell asleep for 90 years starting in the year 1000 and you woke up in 1090, they'd be minor changes.... If that happened NOW you'd wake up and have a heart attack....

It must be weird for old people, don't you think? Sometimes I even feel 'old', when you look at sex on tv and stuff, when I was a kid you never saw it that much, but now you look at MTV and kids are all watching.... Most kids at the age of 5 know what sex is....
8 year olds have gsms.... Things are changing.....

I'm only 22, but I feel I'm the older generation already... do you guys have this too??? (please say yes )

--
Posted: 2002-04-07 08:09:00

lor Posts: > 500

Well, I totally agree. Things are going way too fast here. You can go away for 3 months, and when you come back, you wouldn't recognize the technology out. That's what's happening today

The only way I can keep up with things is by watching techtv all day and buying computer and technology magazines like crazy and reading em all.

heh, already i'm not satisfied with what i have because although i have the latest piece of technology with me, there are much more modern stuff out there and i can't have it.

so that annoys me the most, heh

[ This Message was edited by: lor on 2002-04-07 08:33 ]
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 08:30:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home