Esato Mobile
General discussions : Esato forum : Right now I hate this Forum
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Esato forum > Right now I hate this Forum Bookmark topic
dw Posts: > 500

I just wrote a very very long reply on one of the subjects
unfortually I managed to write the wrong password
so when I pressed Submit I got an error saying
wrong password entered.
OK pressing back button to write the correct one....
everything was GONE
I recommend everyone to remember to
cupy&paste everything they write before pressing the
submit button (unless you are already loged on)
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 13:06:00
Edit : Quote

Lethal Posts: 92

That must be your browser that did that, I've often posted stuff and forgotton to enter my login/password.
But pressing the back button on my browser NEVER clears the text I've entered (it should only do that on SSL servers)

Are you not using IE6 ?

As you suggest, type it in something else first (I often use notepad etc for longer replies), OR ... do CTRL-A and CTRL-C which copies everything into the clipboard memory before you submit, that way you can always paste it back in.

OR:
Login to this forum first, so you don't get the username/password option when you first post.
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 15:30:00

mixin Posts: > 500

Ideally it would be great if the forum remembered usernames and passwords. Them we wont have to get things wrong. And we wont have there problems! This post was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2002-04-06 15:37:00

lor Posts: > 500

I would not encourage that, it's a security risk
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 08:45:00

oskar Posts: 173

Yes.. it's a risk.. but there is a little difference in the need for security in this forum and the internet banking systems..
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 10:30:00

Linkinpark17UK Posts: 372

There is an option in IE6 to remember usernames and passwords.
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 11:04:00

Lethal Posts: 92

A security risk ? - what a laugh.
A cookie session could store your user name & password, that's all,
Most other forums I use simply use cookies to store & remember the login ... no security risk whatsoever ... at worst someone uses my PC and posts something on a forum : big deal!

if your stupid enough to use the same id/password as other stuff you use then that's just crazy.
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 12:44:00

MrFone Posts: 30

have cookies enabled!!!
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 12:49:00

mhorton Posts: > 500

That would be a good idea to have a cookie to remember your username and password. It would be easier.
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 13:04:00

peanut Posts: > 500

Choose a standard alpha numeric password that is the same for all 'non secure essential' sites and what is the problem ? Hardly the forum fault if you cant recall a password adequately! This post was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2002-04-07 14:52:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home