Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : New to Esato? Please read this forum first : Newbie - considering a T68 but need a few questions answered first...
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Newbie - considering a T68 but need a few questions answered first... Bookmark topic
Page12>

pkearney Posts: 3

Hi All,

I'm considering getting a few T68s for the office. A major motivation is the syncing capability and access to pop mail.

Can anyone confirm/deny what can actually be done? In an ideal world I'd like to be able to sync Outlook 2000/XP mail (on W2K and XP Pro). I'd also like to have access to contacts, task lists and calendar. What sort of storage capacity limitations are there?

On the POP mail side I just want to be able to preview message headers, downloading the body if interesting.

The easiest way to connect the mobiles to the PC will be Serial (most of them are desktops with no IR as default).

Is this all realistic?

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards

Paul
--
Posted: 2002-04-11 20:42:00
Edit : Quote

FuricTrax Posts: 261

Well. All of what your asking is possible and there should be some info in some of the forums. I think this week someone was writing about the same thing. They have guides and extar stuff if you look around.

I am gonna be trying the same soon with the serial link, as I can't really afford the bluetooth link kit!

Sync ability aside. The T68 is a superb phone. I have had one since november and have had no problems (apart from dropping it and breaking it!), the menus could be faster but I had the early software release and am hoping to see an improvement in the mms one and the one in my replacement phone which I should be getting tomorrow
--
Posted: 2002-04-11 21:35:00

gazobee Posts: 146

I have just done what you are suggesting about 1 hour ago.
I'm using W2K, apparently the software does not support XP yet.

The whole thing worked like a charm. Everything was easy to use and very straight forward.
I have no idea about capacity for appointments/tasks as I only have about 30 appointments in my calendar at the moment.

With regard to e-mail I can access my ISP account and download the headers. I don't seem to get the message body though. There is an open query in the GPRS/WAP/E-Mail forum, but no reply yet.

I have had my phone for 4 days now and I love it. I used to have a Nokia 6210 and the T68 kicks it ass!
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 13:46:00

cadcad Posts: > 500

It surely supports all the features ur asking for + it works with the XP cos am actually using it. Dont forget all the other features it has + the new ones coming with the new upgrade. It's working fine with the cable. I can retreive the message header + download the content if its a text only with FW R2B013 This post was posted from a T68
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 13:59:00

Rolud Posts: 198

@pkearney
For all the features you’re asking for, I think you can’t find any better phone as the T68 !
However, if people at your office are strong SMS users… don’t go for the T68, because it has the worst T9 in the World…

Rolud
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 14:13:00

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments so far. Should have mentioned at the time, I'm in England - don't know if this has any effect on the capabilities (I've been told by one phone shop today that gprs isn't available yet, but then carphone warehouse have something in their latest brochure for Vodaphone offering GPRS).

On the POP3 retreival/headers front, does this work with WAP, GPRS or something else? I read in one of the other threads about instructions to configure the phone to connect to various UK ISPs, but I confussed as to how this actually works. What I'm hoping is that we can get around the SMS shortcomings with simple text e-mail (most of the messages would be between the company phone users).

To be continued in next message...
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 20:10:00

I'm going to be cancelling my existing 4 phones on 1 orange talk plan and go for 4/5 new phones ona new plan (not sure exactly whose/which yet). I've been offered the phones for £49.99 each with the general extras (handsfree, car charger, leather case). looks like s good deal but I'd thought I'd check

Regards

Paul
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 20:11:00

gazobee Posts: 146

Hi. Just tried it with XP and as is said above. That works too.
Sweet.

It just gets better and better.

Agree about the T9 though. It sucks!
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 21:09:00

Linkinpark17UK Posts: 372

You'll discover that most of us are moaning on about upgrades, wait for the T68i to come out before comminting yourself to a purchase.
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 21:24:00

lor Posts: > 500

Might as well wait for the p800, even better for the office ey?
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 21:29:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home