Esato Mobile
General discussions : Non mobile discussion : Who's getting a Gamecube?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Who's getting a Gamecube? Bookmark topic
Page <  123456>

Dessybaby Posts: 132

Decent adverts, great console even better games.

Need one now!
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:31:00
Edit : Quote

lingart Posts: 89

Of course you cant say no.... who paid over £300 for a crappy PS2? Ive got a PS2 and have played it about twice. the N64 was fantastic with three/four games it is still being played.... Mario 64, ISS (four player) , Goldeneye (four player) and Mario Kart 64.

If they can manage to do those type of games for GC there will be only one winner.

I got my PS2 from HK as soon as it came out - ie japan release. and honesetly its a waste of time. Had my N64 since the day it came out Japan release again. and its still being used.

Software is the key - not crappy Xbox games that claim to shift a gazillion polygons a second - so wat if you get bored after two mins.

How many of you even attempted to get 120 Stars in Mario 64 - amazing challenge.

nuff sed )
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:35:00

Dessybaby Posts: 132

Has anyone actually seen a gamecube being sold for £129 in the UK?

Either online or on the high street?
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:45:00

Ah_Seow Posts: 36

Quote:
On 2002-04-22 22:39, edwardm wrote:
I must add that i've had many consoles over the years and the best game of all was mario for the N64! I hope nintendo can take such games further on the gamecube? PS has always been a winner but never the scope of nintendo games although im addicted to GT3 at the mo! Ed ps have playee xbox and it is good but that star wars game rules! Ed

This post was posted from a T68

well one good news for u NIntendo is coming out with Mario Sunshine...
the same style as Mario 64.... And to those considering Game Cube... there gonna be games like Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 out real soon... more games r coming into Game CUbe....

Here's a rumour... there gonna be a price slash in the game consoles in the coming months... on PS2 , Game CUbe and even Xbox...

my opinion... Xbox sure have a great launch with all the cool games... but i see that their future games are not so cool.... where as Game cube are coming up with more good titles... so see wat u want.. NOW OR THE FUTURE hahahaha
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 10:55:00

t_hannover Posts: 1

I think if you already own a PS2, I would definitely not go out and buy a x-box, those two consoles can be compared a lot except x-box has way better hardware (haven't really seen the advantage of it yet) and the PS2 has a lot of better games. The only serious hit for x-box for now has been Halo (a game with no revolutionizing game play but good graphics). By the way you should see this title on PC tba 2002 -2003.

Though if you are looking for a different experience of console playing, go buy a NC. Those games a lot more revolutionizing in terms of game play. X-box focuses a lot on the hardware power of the console but up till now there not many games with an interesting or revolutionizing game play. Nintendo has that.

I'll say, if you haven't got one, go buy a PS2 (x-box doesn't seem to have any good games for the future yet except some fair PS2 clones), buy a Nintendo if you want games with new and exciting game play and still very good graphics - although some of the games might be more childish.

Thomas - DK

--
Posted: 2002-04-23 15:44:00

n|ck_xp Posts: 363

I dont like the Camecube.
I preper the XBOX or the PS2!
The only game for the CameCube who i die for!!! and now its gonna be avoilable only on Gamecube is the Resident Evil!!!!
But the Xbox is the best console for me in the market right now...
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 16:01:00

T68GR Posts: 58

Quote:
On 2002-04-23 16:01, n|ck_xp wrote:
I dont like the Camecube.
I preper the XBOX or the PS2!
The only game for the CameCube who i die for!!! and now its gonna be avoilable only on Gamecube is the Resident Evil!!!!
But the Xbox is the best console for me in the market right now...

For me XBOX is the best console too! Its powerfull and if you consider its the newest console without any background and quality games such as Hallo, Dead or Alive 3 and Formula 1 then I cant even imagine whats coming in the future when the programmers unlock the power of this console! As for the price its going to be 299 euros and thats cheap considering only a GForce 3 costs about that for my PC.
So for me XBOX rulesssssss!!!!!!!
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 16:24:00

Linkinpark17UK Posts: 372

WH Smiths are selling them at £135 online, dunno about the high street.

Luigi's Mansion is £35
Rogue Leader is £40

again online price.

Not bad!
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 17:20:00

mixin Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2002-04-23 10:35, lingart wrote:
who paid over £300 for a crappy PS2? Ive got a PS2 and have played it about twice.....

I got my PS2 from HK as soon as it came out - ie japan release. and honesetly its a waste of time.....

I suppose its all a matter of taste, but i bought my PS2 on release date here in UK, and have been pleased since. GT3 GTA3 and MGS2 all top quality games, worth every penny i think. Plus the DVD player without having to shell out extra (xbox style) just for it to work, is great, and just what i wanted.

My brother just last night, got himself an xbox. personally i dont like it, the chunky controller is a right turn-off. But my brother thought it was excellent.
Cant wait for the cube, it does look awesome. Im really thinking of getting one if i do, i can then compare all three consoles

[ This Message was edited by: MixiN on 2002-04-23 17:54 ]
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 17:53:00

ElGato Posts: 328

lingart> I attempted to get 120 stars in Mario.. though challange, but damn fun!

I don't know really why I like gamecube more than ps2 and xbox.
Guess it's from bad memories with loading times with playstation.
Windows, from microsoft.
And.. everything absolutely perfect with nintendo
So I have more faith in nintendo, they produce great games.

Of course.. GTA3 is really something.. but I'll wait 'til it comes to pc rather than buying a ps2.

It feels like gamecube will last a lot longer than ps2 or xbox.

[ This Message was edited by: ElGato on 2002-04-23 19:44 ]
--
Posted: 2002-04-23 19:39:00
Page <  123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home