Esato Mobile
General discussions : Non mobile discussion : First Day Jitters
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > First Day Jitters Bookmark topic
Page12>

yiz19 Posts: 60

Just graduated from college last March and I'll be off for my first day at my first job sometime next week. It's a good job and all...but I can't help feeling anxious!

Is this even normal?! Any helpful suggestions for me?
--
Posted: 2002-04-25 19:11:00
Edit : Quote

arroyootje Posts: > 500

yeah man, just chill, been there a hundred times, after a week you'll be wondering what you were worrying about...
--
Posted: 2002-04-25 19:18:00

sooty Posts: 88

Your anxiety will be over after you receive your first paycheck

--
Posted: 2002-04-25 19:51:00

evoke Posts: > 500

Seriously no need to worry. It will be the same with any new job wether it be your first or tenth!Everyone feels like that when they start a new job. I'm sure everyone will make you feel welcome when you start so don't panic!.

Ed
--
Posted: 2002-04-25 21:02:00

Fingers Posts: 468

Yeah everybody understands you're a bit nervous on your first day and trying to make a good impression, just relax and remember that people are basically the same where ever you go, if you meet someone there who is a real arsehole, you're probably not the only one who thinks so, have fun
--
Posted: 2002-04-25 21:31:00

arnoldc Posts: > 500

yiz is a she. just to let you guys know
--
Posted: 2002-04-26 03:42:00

pogie Posts: 26

this is also my first job. and yes you'll be disappointed. i have to learn this the hard way but now i am laying this to you. there is no perfect job, you'll have to make it perfect for you. there is at least 1 asshole (sorry!!!!) in the workplace and usually it is your supervisor. worst, your manager. don't set your standards high so you'll not be disappointed too much. there is no perfect working place, equality, non-bias and opportunity-for-all is just a concept they teach in school to disappoint us when we got to the real world. one way of getting back at you since that is what their professors told them also.

but..... and this is a big but....

you'll meet new people that you'll get along with. develop friendship lasting ideas. and for my case never ending starbucks moments with colleagues/friends where we talk about those monsters at the office and what we want to do with them! ehehehe

good luck!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: pogie on 2002-04-26 02:52 ]
--
Posted: 2002-04-26 03:46:00

yiz19 Posts: 60

Thanx for all the advice.

I've met my boss[es] already and they seem nice enough, so I REALLY hope that if should encounter problem personalities there, it wouldn't be them. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Maybe my anxiety's just coming from the fact that work is so different from school.
--
Posted: 2002-04-26 04:19:00

clark27 Posts: 141

start d day w/a prayer, nice 2 everybody remember 1st impresion lasts and enjoy! This post was posted from a R520
--
Posted: 2002-04-26 07:40:00

gooms Posts: 93

@yiz19

which college u from?

i also just graduated. no job yet!!!

--
Posted: 2002-04-26 08:28:00
Page12>

New Topic   Reply