Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : Z200 user reviews
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > Z200 user reviews Bookmark topic
Page12>

laffen Posts: > 500

This thread is for Z200 reviews only. Feel free to post your Sony Ericsson Z200 experience here. “Irrelevant” remarks will be deleted without notice. And it is up to the moderators to define irrelevant. The intention is to start one single review thread for each new model. Feel free to start other threads in the Review forum.

Comments about the reviews should be posted in other threads.

--
Posted: 2004-01-09 15:28:32
Edit : Quote

nimue Posts: 1

I've had the z200 about a month now, and I already managed to screw it up (and I really didn't do it on purpose). The on-off switch on the phone has a really high delay and the receival of the phonesignal is not near as good as my old phone (ericsson e20). Furtheron, the batteries seem not to be made for the colorscreen, and it is exhausted pretty fast, although I haven't discovered the big 'battery-eating' problem yet.
The good points, however are the clampshell model (I like it a lot), the external display which tells you everything you really need to know and the ability to 'upgrade' the images and ringtones through infrared.
I've just uploaded some .gif's into the phone (it can't handle larger picturesizes than 10kb) and they looked pretty good altogether. I'm sorry to have lost more than half of the original images, and much more sorry I've lost my favorite ringtone (simplexity) in a crash of the phone last night. I can't find it on the internet btw. So if anyone can extract it from his or her phone and e-mail it to me, I would be very, very grateful.

[ This Message was edited by: nimue on 2004-01-24 22:12 ]
--
Posted: 2004-01-24 23:11:34

bart Posts: > 500

nice idea, this way we wont find 50 threads with the same thing.
i've tested it and i like it alot.
my friend jumper made a review of it, you can read it at my site
--
Posted: 2004-01-24 23:46:57

z200user Posts: 19

I've had my z200 for about two months now, and I'm very happy. My biggest problem happened in the first week after purchase. Suddenly the ring tones started to stick when people called me--sounded like a CD skipping. I quickly took the phone back to the SonyEricsson service center in Hong Kong, they looked at the phone overnight and the next day gave me a new, factory fresh one to replace the one I bought.

No problems since then.

There are a few things that I believe could be improved. The volume of both the ring tones and the ear speaker is rather low, even at the highest setting. In a noisy situation, I've missed calls because I didn't hear the ring. And it's hard to hear your caller if you are standing on a noisy street.

It is also strange that the screen is as small as it is, since there seems to be enough room on the handset for a slightly larger one, which would make a big difference, especially when WAP browsing

The pre-loaded pictures are a bit strange, but I've been replacing them with personal snapshots that I edit from photos on my computer using the free SonyEricsson Image Editor, then ZAP! into the z200 via its handy, magical infrared port.

Controls and menus are all very clear, intuitive, and fun to navigate--a big strength of the SE line, along with the forward product design (which goes without saying.)

One or two quirks: if I take the SIM out and then re-replace it, I lose my personal ring tone list (but not my pictures-linked-to-caller feature). Strange.

Overall, I'd recommend the z200 to users looking for a cell that is beautifully designed, fun to use and that can do basic WAP stuff like find movie times, get email, etc. And who don't really want to blow the extra $$ for the camera and bluetooth features. The Z200 fits the bill, and I think it is very, very cool.

--
Posted: 2004-03-10 04:07:21

xtokiyax Posts: 168

Sorry, I was under the impression that the Z200 did NOT have an infrared port. Am I badly mistaken?

I'm looking to replace the Z200 with my Nokia 7210. (I've got a P800 as a primary phone), so the Z200 will just be a secondary phone, handy for smsing and all. Will it be a good replacement?
--
Posted: 2004-04-06 16:04:08

mmsman Posts: > 500

well z200 has an ir port but i wouldn't change it.... (i mean 7210 for z200)
though i've found the z200 keys rather good but then again i don't type much and considering that nokias are good in this area, well i just wouldn't change it....
--
Posted: 2004-04-06 16:17:10

z200user Posts: 19

The z200 most definitely has an IR port.

I don't know about the Nokia model that you already have.

I do know that I find the z200 handy for SMS ing. If you are SMS ing in CHinese it is very good--excellent predictive text program in the Chinese-language equipped model. Also it's easy to switch, within the same message, between Chinese and English.
--
Posted: 2004-04-09 19:31:18

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Im happy with mine all the way but1 thing why has the spacekey moved? Its awkard pressing # instead of 1 :-l oh well have to get used to it ;-) This message was posted from a T68i
--
Posted: 2004-04-13 04:33:06

boZZda Posts: 1

Hello. I desire to know how long holds your batery (Z200). I've got one for 14 days and it's max. 56-60 hrs. I've read some recension and there was written about 6 days. Tomorrow I'm going to service and I'm wonering about it. What about yours Z200?!
--
Posted: 2004-04-21 22:06:17

Acrolyu Posts: 15

I buy this phone for my mother and she is very happy, Z200 is too beautifull, and easy to use!!!
--
Posted: 2005-05-12 11:19:55
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home