Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : T630 user reviews
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > T630 user reviews Bookmark topic
Page1234>

masseur Posts: > 500

This thread is for T630 reviews only. Feel free to post your T630 experience here. “Irrelevant” remarks will be deleted without notice. And it is up to the moderators to define irrelevant. The intention is to start one single review thread for each new model. Feel free to start other threads in the Review forum.

Comments about the reviews should be posted in other threads.

There is not alot to say really as the T630 really is just the same as the T610 except for the fantastic screen and "my friends" on the menu.

The build quality is fantastic, the keys are the full width between each other compared with the T610 which have a gap between them, and they feel a little bulbous, i.e. they rise from the sides to to centre. I prefer the feel of these keys

Although none of the carriers I use are ready for "my friends" it is not totally useless as you can still put your most often called numbers, i.e. your friends and family, in there and use it as a quick way to dial those number. The more menu in "my friends" has two options, accounts and lock keys. You define your providers "my friends" setup details in the accounts section and the lock keys allows you to remain in the "my friends" screen with the keyboard locked, presumably so you can keep an eye on the changing state of your friends.

Joystick up on the T610 used to take you to "internet services" but now on the T630 it takes you to "my friends" and "internet services" is now accessed only by choosing the top middle icon.

With the addition of "my friends" in the desktop icons the shortcuts menu is now moved into the settings menu and the joystick left still defaults initially to write new (text message)

The sounds seem to be as loud as on the Z600 which should please many people, and no, you still cannot set your own sound for message alert

That about sums all all the differences I can find so now just some pictures...

sample picture taken in CIF (288x352, 28kb)

and the same picture taken in "Extended" VGA (480x640, 62kb)

A few general pics...

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2005-09-04 14:12 ]
--
Posted: 2004-01-17 09:57:36
Edit : Quote

Guy89 Posts: > 500

thanks for your review masseur!! really beautifull screen!!
--
Posted: 2004-01-17 13:54:42

vinnieza Posts: > 500

thanx mass, for some reason the T630 looks bigger than the T610 in those pics, maybe it's because the T610 has a black strip on each side
--
Posted: 2004-01-17 18:01:01

tommasoformato Posts: 1

What about the recsption? Is it better than the T610? I really hope so.....

--
Posted: 2004-01-24 18:48:39

boodsmaster Posts: 1

I have had a T630 for a couple of days now and i have been very impressed. My last phone was a nokia and i do not think i will ever go back to them. Compared to Sony Ericsson's they are so boring and all Nokia's are the the same. I love the fact that you can customise the phone. I have now got a imac theme and a super mario ringtone. I cannot espress how much i love this function. The phone is a work of art. The phone is white ( i don't think its silver) , looks like an imac and is the right shape and weight. It looks unique compared to other phones in the market, i mean are there any other white phones out there? The keys are the right size for my fingers. The UI is great, I had a ericsson A1018s years ago and it has changed soo much, its much more user friendly now. Yes the joystick is unresponsive from time to time but for now i can forgive it for that, The screen is really nice and colourful, its much better that the T610 which my mate has. As everyone knows the camera is poor but i'm sure that the T650 will fix that. I cannot think of anything else which is wrong. In conclusion, the phone is brilliant and is the best phone i've ever had. I'm a SE addict now and cannot wait for the T650.
--
Posted: 2004-02-14 21:11:23

Memzee Posts: 399

masseur

In your pic showing the two screens of the T630 and the Z600, the Z600 screen seems to be slightly bigger, but brighter too. Is this the case? Or is it because the T630 is facing away slightly?
--
Posted: 2004-02-22 22:16:10

50Cent Posts: > 500

the plastic screen on the T630 does dull the screen down a bit, otherwise they are the same spec
--
Posted: 2004-02-22 22:19:41

masseur Posts: > 500

The Z600 screen is slightly longer and wider than the T610 and T630 screen although it is the same resolution, and it is definitly brighter than both (and the T630 is brighter than the T610)

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2004-02-22 21:22 ]
--
Posted: 2004-02-22 22:19:43

tonedebone2003 Posts: 68

I love the phone:-D the TFT screen is so vibrant and i like the silver trim around the screen. The sound is louder and speed of the phone is quick compared to early T610's that havent got the latest software. V rally 2 is included on the phone already. My only complaint is it still cant veiw attachments, id like to be able to view them. Otherwise a brilliant phone! This message was posted from a T630
--
Posted: 2004-02-22 22:38:16

dmb2000uk Posts: 43

Hey, i have the T-Mobile T630, the black one, and yes it does look mint, but it doesnt appear to have "my friends"!

There is an extra menu icon instead of the my friends; "downloads", "T-zones" and "my shortcuts" are the different icons on the top row.

So it looks like i dont got it, ):

btw, v rally is only the first 3 levels, and 2 cars, you have 2 buy the rest... get u hooked and then charge u for the rest, lol.

Minigolf is gud tho.

Get sum pics up of it if u want??? or every1 bored of them already?

[ This Message was edited by: dmb2000uk on 2004-02-22 22:17 ]
--
Posted: 2004-02-22 23:11:15
Page1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home