Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 969798>

Mac Posts: 26

I agree with the clicker part, it is VERY powerfull in combination with the P900
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 10:04:34
Edit : Quote

eznug Posts: 11

to use your phone on a mac is very easy.

u install mac os X 10.3
put in a bluetoothadapter.
start the program bluetooth in your settings.
search for units find ur phone connect them
start isync tada done.

you can even transfer files with the program that is on the os X
no need to get anything else

well salling clicker isnt bad
then u can remote your computer with your phone

it is the best combination to run an ibook and a t610 it works all the time
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 10:30:03

s40convert Posts: 61

Well, there is a reason why there is no speciel MAC thread... We MAC guys just don't have to fight all those silly problems like on Windoze
It's as easy as eznug wrote... all done in less than 2 minutes...

--
Posted: 2004-03-05 10:34:48

thewiccaman Posts: 67

I agree with s40convert about Windoze. I specifically tried not to gloat about how easy linking the se phones to Macs is when I started this thread but as it's already been mentioned - to all you PC users struggling to get your se phones and PCs talking to each other:

Nanananananaa!

Only joking! Please don't flame me!!!

Someone mentioned about the Bluetooth file exchange program that comes with osX Jag. This is useful for basic transfer *to* the phone but not the other way (I don't think?) I struggled through the menus for something to initiate the program and then realised all I had to do was drag the file onto the dock icon and off it goes! D'oh!!
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 10:57:38

Mac Posts: 26

no true, you can receive files on your mac from the phone... If I read all those problems from the windoze guys, I'm glad I have a Mac...
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 11:02:25

to retrieve files from the phone, just click on you bluetooth icon in the menu bar and pick "Browse Device"
Unfortunately this is only one-by-one...
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 11:12:01

anish Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2004-03-05 10:30:03, eznug wrote:
to use your phone on a mac is very easy.

u install mac os X 10.3
put in a bluetoothadapter.
start the program bluetooth in your settings.
search for units find ur phone connect them
start isync tada done.

Oh my god you have to do all the above steps jsut ot sync your phone witha Mac and you call that easy. . On the Pc you just have to put the phone on the cradle rightclick the phone icon and click sync.
Also if I understood correctly from what I read above you have to buy a software called phone agent for $30 to connect a mac with 610 and you guys still call it easy ?
Well to be frank I am not very surprised you are thae same guys who say draging the file to the trash bin is easy than clicking the 'Delete' button on the PC.

Mac and User friendly, I don't think those are two words which can be used together with out a 'not 'between them

PS: Just curious does the mac recognise the .sis files or does it deal with those file the same way they deal with .exe files?
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 11:23:14

I don't want to get into the MAC vs. Windows discussion here, just want to make things clear for anish:
If you have the currently supported MAC OS and a bluetooth dongle, there is nothing to be installed at all. Just pair the device with the software built in the OS, and start transfering files, syncing your contacts, calenders, etc...

And what are .sis files? But I guess the the Mac handles them the same way as .exe files -> it doesn't do anything with them...

--
Posted: 2004-03-05 11:39:13

anish Posts: > 500

@s40convert

The programs and games made for the p800 and p900 phones are .sis files which are executable files and thats why I guessed the mac won't recognise them and you wouldn't be able to execute them on a Mac.

So what do you do to install a game or an application on the P8/900? Do you transfer the whole file to the phone first and then execute it there?

On a PC you just click on those .sis files and it installs itself to the phone.

I also didn't want to start an argument but I saw some people above saying Mac is so much better than 'Windoze' . I tottaly agree Mac is a prettier piece of equipment (because I have a Mac Powerbook 17 Inch laptop, provided by the company) but when it comes to user friendliness and ease of use I beg to differ.
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 11:52:28

thewiccaman Posts: 67

Yeah, c'mon guys - no Mac v PC here: it's not what the thread is about...

PC people have their programs, we Mac users have ours. At the end of the day, the aim of of the game is to get stuff up/down to the phone the easiest way possible so let's leave it at that and carry on supporting each other cos that's why we're here

David
--
Posted: 2004-03-05 12:23:02
Page <  123, ... 969798>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home