Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Apple Macintosh and Sony Ericsson issues Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 45 ... 969798>

thewiccaman Posts: 67

@hogemeister Thanks for the support re the Mac/Pc forum idea.

@ratGT re [iSync Does all the backup I need (Phonebook, Calendar, etc.) ]

I can't run iSync because I am still running 10.2.1 and the latest version needs 10.2.6 or something) - I'm holding off upgrading till I can get Panther. Does anyone know where I can get an earlier vsn of iSync that will run on 10.2.1 (assuming it will support my t610)?

David
--
Posted: 2004-03-06 06:56:06
Edit : Quote

lesneo Posts: 482

Do like what I do - run software updates and update your 10.2.1. Then install isync.

You need broadband, though, the 10.2.8 requires a whopping 98mb!!!
--
Posted: 2004-03-06 12:53:22

Macfreak7 Posts: 13

I recently found this "Services" menu app. that lets you send files or text or anything you want via bluetooth using the services menu in cocoa apps

click here for more info

Cool thread. And i second the motion for a "PC/Mac" support section.

BTW, It's Mac, not MAC.
--
Posted: 2004-03-07 01:45:23

@Macfreak7 Now that is useful! Tnx.

Like many of us, I don't make enough use of the services feature - actually, I don't really understand it but will try it :-/

Thanks for supporting my idea of separate computer threads.

@admins @everyone: c'mon guys and gals, let's push for these SE/computer specific forums - are you with me?

David
--
Posted: 2004-03-07 10:13:18

s40convert Posts: 61

Hey guys, as ratGT pointed out, all the tools you'll ever need are built in the Mac OS. But for the P800/900 guys out there, here are some scripts to share your internet connection with the phone...
Didn't have the chance to test them, no P900
--
Posted: 2004-03-08 09:22:36

snap-hiss Posts: 118

I am a PC and Mac user. I currently have 2 PCs and a Power Mac G4. In fact, I've had a problem networking them ever since I moved to my new home. Does anyone have experience connecting PC with Windows XP and Macs with OS10 via a router to share internet?

!snap

[ This Message was edited by: snap-hiss on 2004-03-08 18:06 ]
--
Posted: 2004-03-08 18:58:05

I'm guessing that now this is a 'sticky' thread, admins have agreed there is a need for a Mac [and PC?] specific thread. Thanks, it is appreciated

@everyone Tnx too for supporting the idea. I'm amazed at the response I got when I started this, only on Saturday!

Already there's masses of info, tips, etc., a lot of which I didn't know so, Mac users, keep 'em coming.

David
--
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:00:42

Tarnew Posts: 13

@snap-hiss

http://www.macwindows.com/

@All,

Great we have a forum now for mac issues...

cheers from another happy mac - t610 user.

-Tar
--
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:29:39

meatmcguffin Posts: 105

@ snap-hiss
i tried connecting through a router and whatnot to have an isdn connection to my powerbook and after a while i gave up.

Instead i bought a wifi adaptor by some cheapy company. I attached this to my windows 2k computer and turned on "shared internet connection" settings from the pc's control panel. Then i set up a wifi network using the built in software in the powerbook and let the pc join to it.

Now the mac connects to the net through the pc. It didnt even need setting up as the mac gets the IP adress and other info directly from the PC and it supports multiple connections. Truly plug and play! That any help at all?

This is a heck of a lot easier way of doing it and one or even several generic wifi adaptors for both macs and pcs are dirt cheap
--
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:31:54

mustu Posts: 495

guys i want to send sms via my mac(powerbook)please let me know software I need or how it can be done.The phone is a P900.
Take care,
mustu
--
Posted: 2004-03-08 20:34:15
Page <  123, 45 ... 969798>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home