Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Tips to care for your battery
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Tips to care for your battery Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 5455, 565758>

Allen29 Posts: 8

Yup, rhea is right. But the most important thing is that, dont over use thy cellphone
--
Posted: 2010-10-24 17:51:14
Edit : Quote

jeffcua Posts: 357

thanks for this helpul thread..godbless.
--
Posted: 2010-10-30 17:21:01

jms2367 Posts: 302

Actually, lithium polymer batteries and lithium ion batteries need not be discharged before you charge it. It actually reduces the life cycle of the battery if you discharge it too often. The number one enemy of these types of batteries is heat. In the manual of my SE Elm, it is actually advised that I charge my phone as often as possible in order to prolong battery life.

N.B.
The discharge-recharge of batteries that we had became so accustomed of is because the older types of batteries like the Ni-CD and Ni-MH batteries which really need to be cycled because of the memory effect. The newer Li-Po and Li-Ion type of batteries does not suffer from the same memory effect as the old Ni-Cd type.
[ This Message was edited by: jojosiscar on 2010-12-02 23:37 ]

--
Posted: 2010-11-16 07:43:09

alenn Posts: > 500

thanks for information.very helpful i had a phone before 8-9 years.i only used it for a couple of months because it exploded and melted the whole phone
--
Posted: 2010-11-21 20:25:15

aldrinus Posts: > 500

On 2010-11-16 07:43:09, jojosiscar wrote:
Actually, lithium polymer batteries and lithium ion batteries need not be discharged before you charge it. It actually reduces the life cycle of the battery if you discharge it too often. The number one enemy of these types of batteries is heat. In the manual of my SE Elm, it is actually advised that I charge my phone as often as possible in order to prolong battery life.

N.B.
The discharge-recharge of batteries that we had became so accustomed of is because the older types of batteries like the Ni-CD and Ni-MH batteries which really needs to be cycled because of the memory effect. The newer Li-Po and Li-Ion type of batteries does not suffer from the same memory effect as the old Ni-Cd type.

Hi again, Jojo!

These are wonderful bits of information when it comes to battery information. I am about to start the third charging cycle of my new phone's battery and the first two cycles I did were based on the second set of battery facts you mentioned.

Thank you, kabayan!
--
Posted: 2010-12-02 15:27:54

@alenn

Wow! The phone melted? What was it? was it due to over charging that the batteries overheated?

It's a good thing that modern chargers stops charging when the phone is already fully charged but I still remove the phone from the charger once the phone is fully charged.

@aldrinus

Glad to be of some help kabayan!

Cheers.
--
Posted: 2010-12-03 00:42:17

aldrinus Posts: > 500

kabayan Jojo, these are actually some of the post that are really worth reading as they contain very useful information indeed.... thanks again!
--
Posted: 2010-12-03 02:33:51

gollumcaprio Posts: 1

1.Turn off your Bluetooth
2. Disable vibration mode.
3.lower the brightness at specific level.
4.Set the Power saver mode and the listening volume to the low values will help too
5.Switch off the phone if you don’t use.
--
Posted: 2010-12-07 20:51:49

alfiealvins Posts: 1

It is important to condition (fully charged and then discharged) battery every two or three weeks. If not, can significantly shorten the battery life (this does not apply to Li-Ion batteries which do not require air conditioning). Filling just run the battery of the device until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery user manual for instructions. If the battery is not used for months or more, it is recommended that you remove the device and stored in a cool, dry and clean. This keeps the battery will lose its runtime, and possibly damage the battery or device. It is normal that battery becomes hot to touch during charging and discharging. Only in extreme heat should be considered as potentially dangerous and the battery for a professional.
--
Posted: 2010-12-08 22:32:39

@alfiealvins

Conditioning applies only to Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries and like you said, it does not apply to Li-Ion batteries. It also does not apply to Li-Po batteries which does not suffer from the memory effect like I posted earlier.
--
Posted: 2010-12-08 23:05:58
Page <  123 ... 5455, 565758>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home