Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : What would happen if I called 3 and.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > What would happen if I called 3 and. Bookmark topic
Page <  12

ijefferies Posts: 201

But can you please tell us if 3 will give you the code. It's like a crime novel with the last page missing!
--
Posted: 2004-12-31 19:18:00
Edit : Quote

djpowelly Posts: > 500

I will, they wont be open now will they?
--
Posted: 2004-12-31 19:20:56

BOSSHOGG Posts: > 500

Lol! You need to have had the phone for certain length of time first. Even then i hear 3 charge near the 100 quid mark! Don't think you'll get anywhere phoning tonight though, i'm sure something happens tonight..... This message was posted from a Z600
--
Posted: 2004-12-31 21:03:41

parsnip Posts: 386

Hmm This message was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2004-12-31 23:38:28

Qoastro Posts: 447

Hi all! My first post ever here.
I registered just to reply on this post.
I see that you are wondering what would happen if someone called 3 and asked to unlock his or her phone.
Well I've got the answer to that.
When 3 in Sweden were selling phones with their 3 kontant card for alot less money than usual (1245kr for a Z1010)
I, of course, bought one. But because it was branded to 3 I wanted to unlock it. 3 had just changed so that you'd have to pay every 30th day to keep the money that you had but they said that the old customers who didn't like this could unlock their phone free. IF you had bought it before the 15th of October (which was the day that they sold the Z1010 cheap). I had bougth my at that very day but I thought it was worth a shot. So I called them and said that they had said that you could unlock it for free and the guy in the support said: "I'm not so updated in this matter but you're probably right" then he got the papers that I needed to unlock my phone and mailed them. He asked if my friend also wanted to unlock his phone, but my friend said that he'd think about it ( later I had to call for my friend, because he's a coward:P, and an old mean 'lady' answered and she said no because he had bought it to late. I still think that he should have unlocked it with me.) Anyway when I got the papers about 3 weeks later (slow 3 and slow post = long wait) I had to fill in alot of stuff and then they said that I would recieve the codes later. In about 2 more weeks I got some more papers were they said that they had forgotten to ask for my IMEI-number and I had to send it too. Some time after that I got the codes and unlocked my phone. Now I have updatet it with the latest firmware and am currently using Telia's and Tele2/Comviq's Sweden 3G. Hope you enjoyed the reading and that it has answered your questions. I'm sure going to continue to visit Esato because it's really good:)
( Everything I've said is true.)
BTW: Usually you would have to wait 18 month and pay 350kr to unlock your phone.

[ This Message was edited by: Qoastro on 2005-02-15 19:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Qoastro on 2005-03-08 13:15 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-15 20:42:20
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home