Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 on Orange 3g
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 on Orange 3g Bookmark topic
Page12>

razorbee Posts: 46

Got a v800 from Vodafone that I have unlocked and am using my non 2g Orange card in. Best thing is that when I go online Orange recognize that it is a 3g phone and I get send straight to the Orange World 3G site. It takes a bit longer to download stuff since I got a 2g card but it is not that bad Have connected a Nokia 7610 with the same sim and then I get the normal Orange world site.
This might mean that Orange recognizes the V800 as a 3G phone and it will be available on the Orange network soon. Or it just thinks it is a Z1010? Still cool to be able to use all their 3g services with a 2g card. And feels good to click on the Vodafone live soft button and get send to Orange!
--
Posted: 2005-01-07 14:19:03
Edit : Quote

voda_jon Posts: > 500

wen u connect the phone will tell the network what it is... if the network is forward thinking they will keep their directory of fones up to date (jus incase someone buys from another network an uses the phone) this will happen... or it may just be that the orange network is set up to re-direct everyone... dont forget on voda each fone has a different version of live! to visit... its just the network that decides which one by what version browser the fone has which it tells the network upon connection.

hope this helps.
--
Posted: 2005-01-08 19:56:41

razorbee Posts: 46

Voda only got a 3 month exclusive deal on V800 so we might see it around more in the future. so far the Voda 3G release has been a big failure, people think the phones are expensive and that they can wait with the upgrade. Voda on the other hand dont really care about that since the big launch is planned for q3-q4 this year.

[ This Message was edited by: razorbee on 2005-01-08 20:16 ]
--
Posted: 2005-01-08 21:15:46

and your sources for this information are???

Vodafone are pleased with how the 3G sales are going at the moment... Prices on upgrades are comparible with standard 2.5G handsets (the nokia 6630 showing as free on the majority of 10mth+ upgrades)... When Voda launched last year it was their FULL launch and not a soft launch like the 3G data cards...

The big thing that is happening this year is the quick (well quick in the telecommunications industry) expansion of the network, taking it to around 80% outdoor coverage (around 60-70% indoor) by December...

So this whole 'Vodafones 3G launch has been a big failure' is a load of crap. Sorry to flame but i hate it when people mis-interpret or get infomation from magazines regarding the info, i.e. sales, that vodafone put out. Everyone in HQ is chuffed with the initial sales and during his look back of 2004 Arun Sarin (Top guy for Vodafone Globally) was pleased with the figures over christmas for 3G. Surely if it was such a big failure he wouldnt have seemed so happy and looking forward to 2005 so much?

i aint here to Glory Glory Vodafone, quite the opposite. There are things i consider completly wrong and overpricing is one of those things... but sales wise we are going strong, our 3G launch HASNT failed! Our handsets are the most competitive price they can be (all quality handsets unlike other networks phones), and substantiate ur claims that Vodafone arent bothered about so called 'failures'....

Ma heads hurtin now so i goin to stop it here... speak soon everyone...
--
Posted: 2005-01-09 00:00:38

themarques Posts: > 500

voda_jon Come down dude, he is just throwing in his own two pennies... Remember you are a Vodafone EMPLOYEE and not a major share holder that you should get upset of trivial matters.
--
Posted: 2005-01-09 00:07:36

i hold a lot of shares... maybe not major but enough to worry bout things... lol.

--
Posted: 2005-01-09 11:27:53

holistica Posts: 19

Im on my 3rd orange z1010 now and its still got the text msg crashing bug. They are keeping very tight lipped about any future 3g phones, since i keep suggesting that id much prefer a v800. They have not got any further 3g phones in test at the moment. So they say. My only option is to replace it with their best offering the nokia 6630. Which im definitely not since i refuse to buy the video calling stand at an extra £60. And in any case my USIM works perfectly well in my P900. There will be a z1010 software update by the end of January, Orange tell me, so that should hopefully solve the crashing problems that loads of Orange z1010 users have been experiencing. Incidentally,they also told me the z1010 has been their best selling 3g phone since launch. They sold out online, but its back on now.And i have to agree it is the best of a bad bunch. Here's hoping!
--
Posted: 2005-01-13 17:11:03

akwwalker Posts: 5

Hey.

I've just bought a Sony Ericsson V800 unlocked, but am having difficulties setting up the MMS or the Browser for Orange, can anyone help me? a step by step guide would be really helpful.

Thanks

Andy
--
Posted: 2005-01-20 12:52:43

619 Posts: > 500

hmmm..

usim works on P900? i shld try it...

btw, is your z1010 orange branded?

if yes, you can debranded it and change to r1k (latest software), i have debranded 4 z1010 and so far no crashing experienced.

1 unit is r1k
2 units are in r1h
1 unit is in r1k hk language

btw, i have some very cheap www.davinciteam.com credits, anybody might need it, just pm me.

thanks
--
Posted: 2005-01-22 22:18:51

whentheleveebreaks Posts: 390

Anyone else noticed the Z1010 isnt on the orange website anymore! I was going to buy it but now i think i'll wait
--
Posted: 2005-02-04 10:55:52
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home