Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : 3G - The beginning. (Post thoughts, comments, complaints for 3G)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > 3G - The beginning. (Post thoughts, comments, complaints for 3G) Bookmark topic
Page12>

JukurenvengeX5 Posts: 140

As 3G has but ONLY just begun it's journal in the mobile market, it is unlikely that if you buying a 3G phone, everybody else will have one. So what's the point? All the "Fun" for yourself, and since barely anybody else will have it, there won't be much "Fun" even for you. The network servers won't have much in their WAP sites for you to download. Pricings? Higher than normal 2.5G phones naturally.I'm not biast over 3G, I'm just stating some facts. I mean, if 3G has everything then, I would, probably myself, buy a 3G phone.

So my point here is, Post your thoughts, comments, complaints or experiences of 3G here in this topic.
--
Posted: 2005-01-28 09:52:52
Edit : Quote

dave_uk Posts: > 500

Don't know where you're posting from, mate, but 3G was launched by "3" in the UK, nearly 2 years ago. And I would also argue that it's very rarely more expensive to use than 2G. Even video calls are about the same price as we were paying for cross-network voice calls a year or two ago.

--
Posted: 2005-01-28 12:19:04

The_Nashy Posts: 134

My Thoughts on Australian 3G Networks.

Three - Cheap, Reliable, Excellent

When not in a video zone, they run via Vodafone. Little more expensive for calls when Roaming, but no big deal.

Customer service, based in India, shit.

Services, are good, except on Pre-Paid (PAYG) you can't browse the web except their content service. But on a plan (Bill Pay), you can.

With the deals they have here, a lot, and I mean A LOT of people have these phones.

Telstra - Main Australian Carrier will be introducing 3G services soon.

Vodafone - Like Telstra.

Optus - No word as yet.

Word has it that Telstra and Vodafone will enter into a contract, and share the 3G services, therfore, saving money, and getting more and more people connected to the 3G service.

IMO - 3G will eventually see the end of GSM, leaving WCDMA and CDMA as the big players. I mean, Australia said goodbye to analouge (sp) about 10 years ago, if not more.

So, 3G is great here in Australia. Sorry if it all doesn't make sence, I'm tired
--
Posted: 2005-01-28 13:59:33

...Hehe..Sorry..Sorry..I'm posting from NZ....We only just started (Nearly..) 3G this year...Vodafone hasn't "Really" started yet..And things...But still..They said it would only really work out for everybody in a few years..Or as soon as..later..2005..So, sorry guys..But it's cool to know if I went back to UK I'd be able to get 3G working..!!
--
Posted: 2005-01-28 23:05:23

xpx Posts: 79

North America smells! we don't even have edge here! i bet 3g will be available here half of 2006 =(
--
Posted: 2005-01-28 23:15:30

*Sigh* NZ doesn't EVEN 'WANT' EDGE, that's why none of our phones have EDGE, they say it's only for America and things..
--
Posted: 2005-01-28 23:19:25

hobbesken Posts: 2

Quote:
On 2005-01-28 13:59:33, The_Nashy wrote:

Word has it that Telstra and Vodafone will enter into a contract, and share the 3G services, therfore, saving money, and getting more and more people connected to the 3G service.

Just to clarify, Telstra and Three Hutchison (not Vodafone) will enter into a contract where Telstra pays A$450 million for a 50% ownership of Hutchison's 3G network.

Whilst, Vodafone and Optus will share equally the cost to build and run a brand new 3G network
--
Posted: 2005-01-29 00:26:08

Umm..Brainwave, that's AUSTRALIA, you have Mobile.MSN.com listed for Messenger, you get THINGS!!! hello?? NZ aren't listed, so you can't use MSN via. phone.
--
Posted: 2005-01-29 00:30:33

Point being..NZ...Hasn't..REally..Started...3G
--
Posted: 2005-01-29 08:25:48

The_Nashy Posts: 134

Quote:
On 2005-01-29 00:26:08, hobbesken wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-01-28 13:59:33, The_Nashy wrote:

Just to clarify, Telstra and Three Hutchison (not Vodafone) will enter into a contract where Telstra pays A$450 million for a 50% ownership of Hutchison's 3G network.

Whilst, Vodafone and Optus will share equally the cost to build and run a brand new 3G network

My mistake. However, I work for Optus, and there are no plans for 3G, yet, I know Vodafone are getting on with plans to get 3G in Aussie asap.
--
Posted: 2005-01-29 10:45:26
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home