Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : unlocked z1010 not working with all (types of )SIM:s ?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > unlocked z1010 not working with all (types of )SIM:s ? Bookmark topic
mongobandage Posts: 2

I bought a used z1010 like a week ago and 'unlocked' it, that is removed the vodafone-only thingie. Now SIM:s from other operators than 'Yodafone' can be inserted, however my old SIM chip with a GSM contract on it will not work!!! Two of my friends SIM:s work alright in the phone but mine bums out after 1-2 minutes! We haven't got identical contracts but the same operatot and they're all GSM (including mine)
Does anybody know anything about this??

Would be grateful of any info, or link to info, concerning this!
cheers

[ This Message was edited by: mongobandage on 2005-02-16 19:36 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-16 20:34:20
Edit : Quote

BobaFett Posts: > 500

Maybe the unlock made a bug in your fone, let it upgrade with a new fw. Good luck. This message was posted from a Z1010
--
Posted: 2005-02-17 00:26:19

emanuelj Posts: > 500

Some gsm sim cards don't work in 3g phones.
Get a 3g sim card.
--
Posted: 2005-02-17 19:08:33

themarques Posts: > 500

Can you checl what firmware the Z1010 is using? If it is R1D then that is a real pain, I had it and gave up with gsm had to switch contracts to 3G. Also depending if that phone was a pre-release it might be a tad bit of a pain like mine was to update the firmware...

Anyway try and update it to the latest firmware and take it from there.
--
Posted: 2005-02-17 20:24:30

mongobandage Posts: 2

thanks people!

I guess that updating the firmware sounds like the next thing i should do anyway, so I'll have to see if that does it.
Would like to avoid as long as possible to switch to 3G contracts since they suck BIGTIME around here.
Somebody said something about certain GSM-SIMs simply not working, I'm aware of that, but maybe you know which ones are working/not working ? is it a question of old vs new types of SIMs ? I know that the standard was changed at least one time since the start...

Anyway, thanks a lot all of you!
i'm gonna try update the fw anyway
--
Posted: 2005-02-18 20:40:12

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

First update your firmware and see if this makes a difference.

Failing this, tell you operator that you have a faulty SIM and they will replace it with a newer (up-to-date) SIM (most operators will do this for free if you tell them it is FAULTY; just tell them it's not working in your GSM phone)...

The Z1010 is one of the few WCDMA phones that is OFFICIALLY compatible with both GSM AND WCDMA networks and SIMs/USIMs; I've had mine unlocked and ALL of Australia's SIMs work fine with it!
--
Posted: 2005-03-16 15:35:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home