Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Please help v800 Newbie - v802 Jap to Z800?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Please help v800 Newbie - v802 Jap to Z800? Bookmark topic
slk125 Posts: 1

Hi, first of all. Please accept my appology if I have repeated someone else's question or if this question has already been answered before. Nevertheless, archiving the forum didn't give me a specific answer. Please direct me to answers if the questions had already been answered.

Anyways, I hope somebody here can answer me some questions.

Ok, I managed to get a hold of a v802se, the Japanese version. Does that mean I can not flash the phone to an unbranded version like those people who own a v800? I'm very confused about the whole flashing process.
My V802 had already been unlocked, but seems like it can't play Mp3's and the icons on the unbranded version looks sooooo much better.

So, as far as I know, I need a T28 cable and a software and some credits.
So, how much is it going to cost me? ie how many credits do I need? Am I better off going to a store to get it done?

Will the firmware be compatible with the V802SE jap version? will I loose the japanese language if I flash it with another firmware?

Also, which firmware should I flash it with?

sorry for the many questiosn.......thanks ahead.
--
Posted: 2005-02-18 09:49:55
Edit : Quote

ibby2521 Posts: 6

Visit www.setool.net .
For Aussies, you can get 2 credits and t28 cable for AUD35.

As for compatibility between v800 and v802SE, you may have to check with them, but really feel that wouldn't be a problem as both units are supported by the software, SETOOL2.

Debranding would cost one credit.

Cheers, still waiting response for DRM issue though.
--
Posted: 2005-02-25 07:50:56
Edit : Quote

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home