Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 USB Cable
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 USB Cable Bookmark topic
mattdale Posts: 9

Hi,

I want to buy a second USB cable for my V800 but am having trouble finding out what kind of cable it is. Sony Ericsson don't seem to sell it seperately and as far as I can tell it isn't a standard one.

I've seen it referenced as a 4 pin micro but I can't seem to find this anywhere on the internet so I'm thinking that's innaccurate. The closest I can find is the 4 pin mini B connector but it doesnt look the same.

Can anyone help?
--
Posted: 2005-02-18 23:18:35
Edit : Quote

niji Posts: 61

you are correct.
when this fon first came out, i did a search for cables that had similiar pin arrangement. however, it doesnt exist. what is worse is that there is no name for this pin arrangement either. as you have found, it is not mini b or any other permutation of a mini b. the SE site does not reference this by any name other than usb connector. additionally, this is the only (the first?) SE fon to use this type of connector. it can be bought through vodafone in japan.

--
Posted: 2005-02-19 19:20:12

mattdale Posts: 9

Thanks, that saves me hours of fruitless internet searches.

I shall see if I can prod SEUK a bit and see if I can get anything out of them. Will post back here if I get anywhere.
--
Posted: 2005-02-20 13:28:42

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home