Esato Mobile
Regional : Europe, Middle East and Africa : The Egyptian forum
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > The Egyptian forum Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 45 ... 697071>

mahora Posts: 11

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-14 08:20 ]
--
Posted: 2005-03-14 07:53:48
Edit : Quote

YES I would buy a phone EVEN if i hardly see anyone else using it. but only on 2 conditions: functionality, and better serving my taste and needs.
do u know why i wanna shift from using nokia (my current phone is still a nokia)? it was when i discovered how nokia manipulates its customers, and impose directions upon them.
manipulating customers is shown by selling same-functionality handsets, with dfference in looks only at diiferent prices. take for example 7250i and 6610i.
as for imposing directions upon customers, it is evident in the weird form factors that nokia has been releasing for its mobiles in the past year. obvious examples are: 6600(ostrich-egg shaped), 6630(bulb-shaped), 3230(building block shape, and the list could go on forever.
fortunately nokia has been awakened by strong sets released by other manufactureres, e.g. SE's k700i: classic form factor, feature-rich, full functionality for its segment and price. nokia understood well this wake-up call, and just looking at such forthcoming sets as 6680 is enough to manifest the turn in the trend for nokia.
one last story about how disappointing nokia can be. a friend of mine had just purcchased an 3700 l.e. nokia 6630. top of the line. he was so happy with it. UNTIL. until one time someone else that was present had a Qtek 1010. The Qtek guy had this magnificent tone (20th century fox logo). the 6630 guy wanted to have it so badly. one problem though. the qtek had conectivity ONLY through infra red. and since the 6630 does not have infra red, the 6630 guy was so disappointed. well that's nokia isn't it? :*

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-05-17 05:51 ]
--
Posted: 2005-03-14 09:19:05

mustafabay Posts: > 500

But the Qtek is quite old and I must say that not having bluetooth is sad, not that i'm defending nokia's decision to drop Irda so soon. I can't say buying a nokia is a bad idea, its just their policy on repackaging phones is disappointing. I'm hoping that SE will focus on the middle east soon, since their main strength is in europe. This message was posted from a T630
--
Posted: 2005-03-14 10:09:14

yes the qtek is quite old, but looking at the egyptian market, u'll find that a large portion of it is comprised of old, low-end, and used handsets. such a portion cannot be ignored in terms of connectivity with new handsets. the point is nokia can be so frustrating sometimes. take for instance nokia 6020. when i first saw it, i liked the classic form factor, the functions, the camera, and at the price of 1650 l.e., it seemed reaonable. i could even do without a large screen and settle for the 128x128. BUT nokia KILLED it, yes KILLED it deliberately. NO BLUETOOTH, HOW? believe me i had a careful study at nokia's line for 2004, and q1&2 of 2005 b4 i decided to drift away.
--
Posted: 2005-03-14 12:07:40

6030 would be an answer, but no idea on internal memory. I would wait for the K300, or go for K500. Yeah you don't get bluetooth but at least the irda port is fully functional unlike nokia and samsung that can only send to PCs. Only SE and french phones and maybe MS smartphones have that. Don't forget nokia irda is useless.
If you don't have that much money you could buy a T610 you can still get them in Egypt and they are probably the cheapest phones with bluetooth.
--
Posted: 2005-03-14 15:19:08

Now SE is finally lowering its prices. Too bad they're only doing it with the S700 and P910. I hope they start discounting the k700 soon and hope they release the k300 too. My uncle got a k700 from dubai and I must say its good. Now i need a docking station because if he meets a bug he'll come to me, too bad the phone doesn't have the latest firmware. This message was posted from a T630
--
Posted: 2005-03-19 17:08:49

now u know what i was talking about..., u should have told ur uncle to get a docking station from dubai as well, as I KNOW it's not available in egypt, may be due to the little demnad for it (i checked with delta & POS such as fono). i have a couple of questions for u:
- what is the phone's manufacture date, as well as the battery's manufacture date?(both written on the sticker attached to each, and written in this form **W**, e.g., 05W01 means the first week of 2005)
- what is the firmware on ur uncles's handset?
- how much did he pay for it?

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-19 23:02 ]
--
Posted: 2005-03-19 23:59:56

I don't see my uncle everyday so I can't answer everything He payed something like 2000LE. His sister in-law was indubai with her husband and my uncle's wife wanted to get him a phone. But lucky enough we happened to visit them while the folks were still in dubai because they were going to get my uncle a 7260 of all phones. They not only bought one for my uncle but one for their daughter too. So now its alot of responsibility . The firmware was R2S I think any idea if the online updates are full firmware updates?
--
Posted: 2005-03-20 15:28:20

R2S? hmmm...that's a new one... according to this thread http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=66330
there is no such fw... that's why i asked u about the manufacture date of the set... because through that u can approximately determine the fw version... for example i checked a set at radioshack, and it had the manufacture date of 05W01, this means that most probably it has r2ae033 (the latest for the most part), since r2ae033 was released since 06-12-2004. and yes the online thing gets ur phone fully updated.
when u see ur uncle. if u could check this eaty beaty tinthy winthy one more thing, i'll be eternally grateful. pls. check the quality of the photos in poor light conditions. there's been compalints of the k700i capturing poor photos in poor light conditions, so if u could pls confirm... thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ This Message was edited by: mahora on 2005-03-20 22:45 ]
--
Posted: 2005-03-20 23:42:28

Sorry I didn't think it was important then. Maybe I'll see my Uncle next Friday. I'm not going to ask him on the phone, I haven't even told him about >*<<*<* yet.
--
Posted: 2005-03-21 17:49:18
Page <  123, 45 ... 697071>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home