Esato Mobile
General discussions : Garbage threads : New game! Finish my quote
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Garbage threads > New game! Finish my quote Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 4 ... 148149150>

FutureDesign Posts: 317

Nine lives.... Esato is ..... This message was posted from a Nokia
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 07:57:44
Edit : Quote

nickorooster Posts: > 500

...The place to be.

If you cant afford a dodge... (look this one up )
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 18:20:00

k4m!k4ze Posts: > 500

.......steal it

a stitch in time.......
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 18:28:51

Saves 64312549. (Its till works! Oh and the actual saying was, "If you cant afford a Dodge, dodge a Ford" .

No use crying over spilled...

Edit: K4mik4ze: I am intruigued by your signature. According to Albert Einstein, it is impossible to travel at the speed of light, and if you were, you would only be travelling at the speed of light relative to a frame of reference. If, then, the light was emitted by you, the light's frame of reference is simply your "car" and, would therefore travel at the speed of light away from you. However, light can only be seen when it exites the electrons of a particular object. If that object (the "road" as an example) is actually travelling at the speed of light in the opposite direction to your car (relative to you, as you are in fact the the one moving, but according to relativity theory it doesn't matter), when the light "impacts" on the road it is travelling at twice the speed of light relative to the road.
Im unsure what happens when light, travelling at twice the speed its supposed to be travelling at collides with something, but let me pose the following to you, as a small enlightenment.

The speed of sound is set, or so you would think. If I have a speaker moving at a constant velocity across a football field towards me projecting one constant sound, I would perceive that sound as a constant pitch, suggesting that the Doppler effect is not in effect. However, when I stand even the slightest bit off to the side of the path of this speaker, the doppler effect is observed, as the speaker appears to me to be accelerating. Right, well, what im getting at is that the sound heading in the same direction as the speaker is in fact traveling at the speed of sound, PLUS the speed of the speaker, away from the speaker.
This is all fine and dandy, but when the sound barrier is broken, the object doing the breaking is in fact OVERTAKING the sound it eminated an instant before. As sound is a particle wave, this seems logical. However, if the plane is colliding with its own sound, would it not have to have accelerated a significant amount from the time that it eminated the sound to when it overtakes it? After all, the speed that the sound wave travels was found to be that of the source (speaker/plane) plus the speed of sound was it not? And yet the plane still manages to overtake it without a "speed of sound" increase in velocity between the time it eminated the sound to when it reached, then overtook it! This suggests that there are different rules in play when you approach the speed of sound. Maybe its the resistance from the particles as the sound attempts to travel through the air? Maybe its that sound is distorted as you reach the speed of sound?
Einstein proposed that time, and space are "warped" as you approach the speed of light, but only as the frame of reference perceives it.

So, in answer to your postulate, yes, I would assume that you WOULD be able to see your headlights, but I am unsure as to whether you would be able to see the road where they impact. However, those in the frame of reference would not be able to see your headlights. Which, when you think about it, would not really matter all that much, because by the time you've come over the horizon, to the time you hop over the other horizon, the person observing you would probably only have to blink to miss it. However, if we assume that the earth is infinite in size, and therefore the surface is relatively flat, they WOULD be able to see your headlights, because they are moving at the speed of light relative to you, and thus would reach the observer before you did, allowing the normal amount of time to "jump" out of the way before you ran them down.

Or so I would think.

Nick

[ This Message was edited by: nickorooster on 2005-03-29 18:18 ]
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 19:00:15

niranjan007 Posts: 230

...milk. As hot as a ... This message was posted from a T230
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 19:02:20

some_1_100 Posts: 46

Chick It takes two ... This message was posted from a T610
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 19:08:44

Krubach Posts: > 500

....to get a headache, better one....
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 19:18:15

Baby.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity...

Nick
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 19:20:30

niranjan007 Posts: 230

Infinity is also infinite:-D. Barking dogs... This message was posted from a T230
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 19:22:32

batesie Posts: > 500

Make cats run. Second place is . . This message was posted from a S700
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 19:24:35
Page <  123, 4 ... 148149150>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home