Esato Mobile
Regional : Americas : Crappy reception in Portland Oregon...
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Americas > Crappy reception in Portland Oregon... Bookmark topic
robertk232 Posts: 22

I just got my T68i activated today with ATT in portland oregon... I'd have to say that the reception is not better then my non GSM phone. I dont have a signal in some areas where i used to have a solid one... Is this because ATT is still building the GSM network, so should it improve with time...
--
Posted: 2002-07-30 07:03:00
Edit : Quote

robertk232 Posts: 22

I talked to ATT they said it is indeed because the old system is 10 years old, and the new system is 4-5 months old. She said i could switch back to my old phone, (i dont think so) and that in a few months ATT would be realeasing many new GSM phones, and that by the end of 2002 that the GSM network should be running a lot smoother in the US.
--
Posted: 2002-08-03 22:38:00

Deltayoda Posts: > 500

Yes, GSM is lousy up Northwest. If you go up further to Washington, it's very lousy up there. California on the other hand, has major coverage all over the state (At least in Southern California, hehe).

But yes, the GSM systems here are old, they were in place a while ago (Approx. 8-10 years ago) by Motorola I believe.

--
Posted: 2002-08-05 13:49:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home