Esato Mobile
Regional : Europe, Middle East and Africa : Rotten Orange
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Rotten Orange Bookmark topic
Page123>

Bones Posts: 16

Orange- a poor choice for t68 owners

Orange do not allow t68 users to have the free Sony-Ericsson t68 to t68i upgrade. In fact, they actively prevent it!

I purchased my t68 because it was considerably cheaper than the t68i (which wasn't even available on Orange at that time) and because of the free upgrade which had been widely reported. Even the woman in my local Orange Shop confirmed it (but I didn't buy it from there).

After purchase, I called Sony-Ericsson, who confirmed that I could have the upgrade, but would need to ask Orange's permission, but also told me that Orange HAD been granting permission. A quick call to Orange, and I was told that as it was my 'phone, I could do what I liked with it. The only downside was that they wouldn't be able to offer technical support. No problem!

A 20 mile trek to my nearest S-E repair centre, and they refused to touch it. They said that although they could upgrade it, Orange had told S-E and repair centres that they must not. Furthermore, the upgrade was untested and not fully compatible with the 'phone! The only way that they would upgrade it was with WRITTEN PERMISSION from Orange.

I called S-E, who were unapologitic, but said that the infomation previously given to me was wrong.

Next, back to Orange. This time Orange refused to give permission, either verbally or in writing. They then refered me to the Term & Conditions of my contract, which stated that any "modifications" to the 'phone would void the warranty. Even manufacturer's upgrades? "Yes" Was their answer.

Why is this? What do Orange do to the t68 software that they don't want changing? Are they the only Mobile 'Phone company which deny t68 users the upgrade?

So I miss out on the additional features. Oh, and I can't download new background pics from WAP as Orange impose a filesize limit on their network.

t68 users- choose a different network!
--
Posted: 2002-08-06 11:01:00
Edit : Quote

gazobee Posts: 146

My advice is

F*#K Orange!

Read the two threads below

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=8822&forum=2
and this one
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=8486&forum=2

Then go and get it done anyway!

I had mine done. I'm on Orange and have been for 4 years.
That is all coming to an end now though. If a company can treat it's customers like that whilst all the others are providing what is a manufacturer approved service. They are nothing but a bunch of thieves!!!

Burn the evil Orange. Free the T68m!!!
--
Posted: 2002-08-06 11:18:00

392MHz Posts: 126

Tell them that the phone always freezes. They must repair it in warranty (free), and the only possible solution will be a sw upgrade.

--
Posted: 2002-08-06 11:30:00

pjmoorhouse Posts: 11

Apologies if this has been mentioned before....I have just spoke to my local Orange store regarding upgrading to T68i software. They said they didn't have a problem with me doing it through SE - no effects on warranty etc. I called my local SE Service Centre who are happy to upgrade my phone for £20.00!! Is this normal ?? I have also called CPH who won't touch it because it is on Orange.

Orange Store also confirmed that MMS will be available from 12/08/02 at 40p per message.

PM
--
Posted: 2002-08-06 12:37:00

Orange are going to beat Voodoofone to the market with MMS.

I'll believe it when I see it!!

If things go according to Orange's usual business schedule they will launch MMS just in time for the NEXT millenium!!

If we are lucky!!!

--
Posted: 2002-08-06 12:50:00

Still no sign of it on the SE MMS configurator.

It is plastered all over the Orange web site however.

They may surprise me yet!

--
Posted: 2002-08-06 12:58:00

I would just like Orange to allow the upgrade. What's wrong with them?

[ This Message was edited by: Bones on 2002-08-06 18:51 ]
--
Posted: 2002-08-06 14:29:00

@bones@ where in the UK are you?
--
Posted: 2002-08-06 15:55:00

West Midlands.
--
Posted: 2002-08-06 16:27:00

OK. So all of the places I have metioned are way to far away.
The place in Wimbledon will do it via mail, if you send it registered or courier.
--
Posted: 2002-08-07 00:30:00
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home