Esato Mobile
Regional : Europe, Middle East and Africa : Rotten Orange
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Rotten Orange Bookmark topic
Page <  123

pinolo77 Posts: 390

Hi, i want to say that Orange UK is not the only one doing shit...
I live in Switzerland...
Orange here were the first to launch GPRS, but did nothing more. Let me explain...

Once they launched GPRS I, as anyone else I guess, was expecting to be able to use the mail function on my phone, without connecting to their WAP homepage. Guess what? NO WAY, the service will be launched sometimes in september.
The other companies waited some months more but now everyone except me (Orange) has this service.
They have a price plan that allows you to browse on their WAP portal without time limit at a flat rate monthly (5.- CHF, 3.40 €), that is fine... BUT ...
We are in August now and it has been two weeks since the news were updated (Do I have to read the same news 10 times??) and the download is limited to 1KB.

MMS? Everyone has it except... guess who? Orange!
And the funny thing is that they pretend, at least as stated in their "mission", to become the first carrier in Switzerland...

They told me on the phone that the critical mass for such applications is not available yet. But they seem not to now that the few people spending on such applications make good advertising to friends and also tend to spend A LOT more than the average 12 years old boy or 95 years old woman...

In conclusion:
They spent far too much money on UMTS and now don't have the money to improve services on such a competitve market.
On the phone I was told that when Nokia launches their phones they will procede in implementing those services...

NO COMMENT

--
Posted: 2002-08-12 16:21:00
Edit : Quote

Deltayoda Posts: > 500

Hey, that sounds like Cingular! I wonder if Orange and Cingular is related
They advertise like crazy, they try to scam people and they practically use the same colors, ORANGE! Hmm...

--
Posted: 2002-08-13 00:56:00

Bones Posts: 16

RIght, I'm fed up! Every service centre I have contacted has been threatened by Orange and will not upgrade an Orange t68 to t68i.

CPW (3 branches), Intercity in B'ham, Celestica in Telford and even SE themselves!

Anyone got any suggestions?
--
Posted: 2002-08-13 20:45:00

Eciton Posts: 11

If you're really desperate, you could phone that service centre in langley i wrote about above, and post it to them...
--
Posted: 2002-08-13 22:09:00

I might just do that. Where's Langley? Is your 'phone on Orange?

[ This Message was edited by: Bones on 2002-08-14 19:31 ]
--
Posted: 2002-08-14 20:24:00

gazobee Posts: 146

Just to the east of Slough @bones@
--
Posted: 2002-08-14 21:04:00

I'll give 'em a ring. Ta.
--
Posted: 2002-08-14 21:07:00

It says here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=4938
that Orange have relented and WILL allow t68 users to upgrade.

I'm waiting for confirmation from Orange.

I will let you know when/if I get it.
--
Posted: 2002-08-22 22:00:00

It looks as if Orange have relented slightly..

They will allow upgraded t68's to use MMS.
They will not invalidate the warranty on upgraded t68's.
They will not allow you to get your 'phone flashed, but if you do, that's OK.

Many independant dealers are now carrying out the upgrade (see my other thread for a list)

--
Posted: 2002-08-24 12:04:00
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home