Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Symbian phones : P910 disassembly and painting FAQ (lots of photos)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P910 disassembly and painting FAQ (lots of photos) Bookmark topic
Page <  123456789>

corrado85 Posts: 270

but if you paint how will you protect the numbers/abc that is on the keypad?
--
Posted: 2005-06-03 02:28:43
Edit : Quote

knight4led Posts: > 500

well you take the whole flip apart and set the numbers and such aside. Just paint the outsides of the flip.
--
Posted: 2005-06-03 04:12:31

ghostlyp910i Posts: 17

howdy guys, been reading for ages, haent posted often, but i took the risk too, i stripped down the phone at work today ( took about 25 mins hehehehe) did two under coats, four coats in mat black, and im now on my third coat of metallic charcoal grey, a model car colour, i was using airbrush at work, but am using spraycan for the last coats of gloss, i wreckon another 5 should do it.

will be starting on the gloss in about an hour, i have it under two lamps at the moment, if anyone know how i can post pics, ill put some up of my progress

thanks

ghost
--
Posted: 2005-06-03 10:10:05

batesie Posts: > 500

good job mate!!!!

excellently presented "how to" guide.

youve done a better job than i ever could!
--
Posted: 2005-06-03 10:24:34

Quote:
On 2005-06-03 04:12:31, knight4led wrote:
well you take the whole flip apart and set the numbers and such aside. Just paint the outsides of the flip.

oh i see.. when u take it apart.. the numbers n abc will be taken out as well leaving it just blank holes for me to paint
--
Posted: 2005-06-03 10:39:44

good to see other people are taking the risk and painting their phones. You can post pics by clicking "Attach picture" which is right above the submit button.
--
Posted: 2005-06-03 18:19:03

ghostlyp910i Posts: 17

ok, well, i have a small warning for people, lol, i had a wee lil accident

from the pics you can see below, i was extremely happy wiht how my phone turned out, exstatic even, spent alot of time and energy on this, about 6 hours worth of painting, and 24 hours worth of drying, lol

so all was done, jsut had to reassemble.... easy right?

well, seems i had put too many coats on, which made everything jsut a lil bit thicker, so was jsut a lil bit harder to put back together.......

in my rush to put it back together, i was, erm a lil bit too eager, lol, and erm, put a bit to much pressure on a corner of the case, teh one closest to the bottom right of the screen..... can anyone guess whats hapend?

yes, thats right........ i put pressure on the screen, and erm, to be be blunt...... i f*#ked it. phone starts up with a big blue mass in the bottom corner, and ofcourse, it jsut goes down hill from there..

now heres the good point, my phone is insured, so i rang up and claimed an "incident" and have been given $1200aud to spend on a new phone of my choice, but i dont know what to do, get another p910i, or try and xda IIs, which i havent minded the look of....
anyone have a "NEUTRAL" opinion on which way i should go?
lol
anyway thanks for your help knight, hope you like how it turned out, even if it is f*#ked

sorry about the quality of that last pic, please let me know what you think.......

oh yeah, and depending on what i decide, my p910i ( with damaged screen) 2 syn stations and chargers ( 1 set from my p900 i had before) amy be going up for sale, i think if you jsut change the screen is interchangeable between the p900 and the p910, if you get my drift

ta

ghost

--
Posted: 2005-06-04 12:47:13

That is such a shame to hear that you messed your phone up. Let this be a lesson. One coat is not enough, a few coats is good, but don't go overboard or the phone won't fit back together. Also, if its fitting tight, don't force it!
--
Posted: 2005-06-04 13:38:06

Quote:
On 2005-06-04 12:47:13, ghostlyp910i wrote:
ok, well, i have a small warning for people, lol, i had a wee lil accident

from the pics you can see below, i was extremely happy wiht how my phone turned out, exstatic even, spent alot of time and energy on this, about 6 hours worth of painting, and 24 hours worth of drying, lol

so all was done, jsut had to reassemble.... easy right?

well, seems i had put too many coats on, which made everything jsut a lil bit thicker, so was jsut a lil bit harder to put back together.......

in my rush to put it back together, i was, erm a lil bit too eager, lol, and erm, put a bit to much pressure on a corner of the case, teh one closest to the bottom right of the screen..... can anyone guess whats hapend?

yes, thats right........ i put pressure on the screen, and erm, to be be blunt...... i f*#ked it. phone starts up with a big blue mass in the bottom corner, and ofcourse, it jsut goes down hill from there..

now heres the good point, my phone is insured, so i rang up and claimed an "incident" and have been given $1200aud to spend on a new phone of my choice, but i dont know what to do, get another p910i, or try and xda IIs, which i havent minded the look of....
anyone have a "NEUTRAL" opinion on which way i should go?
lol
anyway thanks for your help knight, hope you like how it turned out, even if it is f*#ked
sorry about the quality of that last pic, please let me know what you think.......

oh yeah, and depending on what i decide, my p910i ( with damaged screen) 2 syn stations and chargers ( 1 set from my p900 i had before) amy be going up for sale, i think if you jsut change the screen is interchangeable between the p900 and the p910, if you get my drift

ta

ghost

what kinda insurance is this?? and they let you keep the phone as well??? i be interested in the broken p910 maybe. lmk thanks
--
Posted: 2005-06-05 02:35:57

alinsr Posts: 1

Thanks for your helpfull guide .
--
Posted: 2005-07-13 09:38:43
Page <  123456789>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home