Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : K750: Can't remove battery cover
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750: Can't remove battery cover Bookmark topic
Page123>

supra2800 Posts: 176

I put in a little piece of paper to get rid of the squeky sounds from the batterycover - and it worked - and the last 5 times i've removed the batterycover, no problem.

but, this time - i simply cant remove the cover - its totally stuck tried everything, i even made a scratch in it, so im gonna need a new one but, i have to get it off - any ideas?
--
Posted: 2005-06-09 23:34:00
Edit : Quote

CyberVisitor Posts: > 500

This is just what happened to me! I had to use a screwdriver to remove the cover (no joke)!!! The whole back of the phone got scratched badly... whew, good luck my friend
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 00:03:44

supra2800 Posts: 176

i already kinda tried with a screwdriver, but didnt do it that hard because i didnt wanna mess it up too much. but, it made a small scratch so im gonna need a new battery cover anyway. but its just important NOT to scratch the phone itself...

edit: ok, I gave it another shot with the screwdriver... and I managed to pry it off with minimal damage - mission sucess, almost. Still needs a new battery cover though - careful with sticking in pieces of paper to get rid of the squeky sound, guys

[ This Message was edited by: supra2800 on 2005-06-09 23:45 ]
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 00:15:03

gr3gg0 Posts: 182

lol..yea,

i had this prob wit a tv remote...minus the...paper...it jsut got jammed... just put something between the screwdriver and the ...surface, such as a piece of card...and then do it...stops the scratches...but...can cause dents depending on the strength of the plastic
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 06:44:27

Phantom Posts: 335

wow, that's really weird that people have problems. i remember my 6230 was so hard to take the battery cover off the first time, but this with the k750i... i just got it today, and the battery cover comes on and off easily...
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 07:01:55

waja800 Posts: 319

a friend of mine couldn't remove the battery cover the moment he got the k750i . the salesperson had to change a new set for him.
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 10:39:00

Vimto Posts: 7

I had a similar problem, I put another old sim in the back, to pad it and stop the creaking, but it wouldn't open. I tried a screwdriver, but that wasn't working, so I bought a disposable stanley knife and used that, didn't get any scratches on it, apart from a really tiny dent when i used the screwdriver, the stanley knife was perfect for the job.
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 10:51:55

CyberVisitor Posts: > 500

...well, I used a towel between the screwdriver and the phone, but I had to use so much force to get the cover off so the whole back was scratched.
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 10:57:02

dreamfish Posts: 287

i had this problem a week ago! i was pressing so hard i thought i was breaking the phone. in the end i put a cloth over the cover and did it that was because my thumbs were killing me and it popped off! ever since, the cover comes off with ease. its like it needs breaking in. good luck!!
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 11:02:36

masseur Posts: > 500

screwdrivers? ouch!

no, I have found that a fingernail pressing on the silvery metal part and pushing towards the bottom of the phone, first on one side and the then other in a sort of wiggle fashion does the job.

the same is also required in reverse to get it to seat correctly too.

I guess we'll not be complaining about rattling battery covers on this model
--
Posted: 2005-06-10 11:06:50
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home