Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : 3UK Settings for Z800i
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > 3UK Settings for Z800i Bookmark topic
Page <  12

upper Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-04-16 22:46:16, bavlondon2 wrote:
Are you using this SE pjone on 3uk ? Does this mean i can get a w900, unlock it and do the same ?
YES, as i asked 3 customer services about this. But before they were strict about buying a phone offline or from a different network but now they have loosened up abit.
--
Posted: 2006-04-17 00:26:25
Edit : Quote

bavlondon2 Posts: > 500

So if i bought a w900 on vida offline, coul di get it unlocked, debranded and get the settings to use it on three?
--
Posted: 2006-04-21 10:00:45

w3bby Posts: 15

Yes i have a W900i sim free and i am using it on '3'

Only problems are i dont have txt delivery reports.

And when you load the three home WAP page (they have their own service, i've not tried yet but i don't think it possible to load any other site other than their supported ones) it loads with all the normall services but no icons to tell you which is which!
--
Posted: 2006-04-22 13:16:19

w3bby Posts: 15

Tell a lie, litteraly 1/2 hour ago my '3' wap home page started working properly! With icons the lot.

I can only think it's bacause three are going to launch the W900i on their network.

Don't know how many of you know this but each '3' handset type has its own web page so if you have a 6680 you will load:
three.co.uk/services/6680
or if you had a K608 you would load
three.co.uk/services.k608
and the same goes for all models on each page you visit, credit, sport, everything.
I assume this is so each phone uses the services to its optimum (different size screens and all) hence if my W900i now is working, it could be on the books to be launched.
--
Posted: 2006-04-22 17:17:44

upper Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-04-22 17:17:44, w3bby wrote:
Tell a lie, litteraly 1/2 hour ago my '3' wap home page started working properly! With icons the lot.

I can only think it's bacause three are going to launch the W900i on their network.

Don't know how many of you know this but each '3' handset type has its own web page so if you have a 6680 you will load:
three.co.uk/services/6680
or if you had a K608 you would load
three.co.uk/services.k608
and the same goes for all models on each page you visit, credit, sport, everything.
I assume this is so each phone uses the services to its optimum (different size screens and all) hence if my W900i now is working, it could be on the books to be launched.
mmm Makes sense after all. I hope they release the w900 very soon now.
--
Posted: 2006-04-22 23:10:49

fustilug Posts: 1

w3bby

I've been trying to get my w900i running on '3'.
I can't seem to get teh settings right.
The settings above say "Internet Mode - WAP "
Do you need to change this and how, as it's not in the list of options on the internet settings menu
It's really frustrating trying to get this to work.
Very grateful for some help on this
--
Posted: 2006-05-23 18:55:48

themarques Posts: > 500

Quote:

Not really, they always testing phones and when the z1010 came out I remember finding the settings but the phone was never released...same happened with the z800 and as you know it...it never came out..so yeah they add the facility but it doesnt mean they will release it.
--
Posted: 2006-05-23 19:30:22

blackeolus Posts: 8

Hi
I have a K800i from Three and after changing the firmware I lost all my settings (naturally)
I've tried the settings given above and I can manage to browse using it but I simply cant get mms to work.

=============================
Go to Connectivity
Data Communication
Internet Settings
Internet Profiles
New Profile
Name - Three MMS
Connect Using - Three (named earlier)
Save
Highlight and Select More
Settings
Internet Mode - WAP
IP Address - 217.171.129.2
Security - Off
Username - (blank)
Password - (blank)
Save
Highlight and Select More
Advanced
Change Homepage
Name - MMS
Address - http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
Save
======================================

After creating the mms profile under "internet profile"
the only setting availible was
Use Proxy
Proxy serv
Port
Username
Password

I don't see where I can change the internet mode and also
I don't see anywhere I can change the IP from

I'm assuming the layout of the settings in the newer phones w900 ,k800
have changed so does anyone know how to do this.

I'm desprate to get it working
I really need help on this ....

--
Posted: 2006-07-09 01:22:40
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home